• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
http://www.tangogameworks.com/careers

Script writers, tools programmers, level designers, lots of positions coming up. Sounds like a console project. So after the last swathe of new hires either their next game will be large scale or they're splitting into two teams and two projects are underway at Tango? The Evil Within 2 was missing some key developers who worked on the first game.

Oct 26, 2017
http://www.tangogameworks.com/careers

Script writers, tools programmers, level designers, lots of positions coming up. Sounds like a console project. So after the last swathe of new hires either their next game will be large scale or they're splitting into two teams and two projects are underway at Tango? The Evil Within 2 was missing some key developers who worked on the first game.

Or it could be that the level designers and other people left after the project was completed.

Hydes

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vanquish 2 codeveloped w/ Platinum games. Includes the 1st game in 4K/60fps. Exclusive to Switch and 30fps in handheld mode.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Did it sold less than TEW1?
Seemingly dramatically so.

That said, ZeniMax/Bethesda is preparing to either be sold or IPO, so I don't think they would cut production capacity too much instead of just change what types of products their studios are making. It wouldn't be a great look to be closing down 2-3 studios.

Azzanadra

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I know literally only a dozen of us on this forums care about The Evil Within, but I really hope we get a third one to finish the series.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way

That said, ZeniMax/Bethesda is preparing to either be sold or IPO, so I don't think they would cut production capacity too much instead of just change what types of products their studios are making. It wouldn't be a great look to be closing down 2-3 studios.
How do you know they're preparing to be sold or IPO?

nrtn

Banned
Oct 31, 2017

Man, that's a shame. I'll pick it up eventually. Seems to play alot better than the first one.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
That was almost two years ago, although I suppose after a year of missed expectations in 2017, they might look to accept a lower offer to offload them.
I mean, an exit can take a long time.

Notably this is around the time Bethesda switched a bunch of studios over to working on service games, presumably to help pump up their appeal.

OP
OP
Sumio Mondo

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
I don't think we are getting TEW3 so it'll be interesting to see where they go next.

Yeah, I figure that TEW3 might not happen considering how badly 2 did so I'm wondering what the Project Leads of TEW1 (Art Director, Lead Designers, Mikami himself) have been working on unless they just left for somewhere else. If it's a new IP then that's quite exciting in itself since it's former Capcom devs.

Zelus

Oct 27, 2017
I hope this is in regards to EW3 and that they bring back the original voice actors... Or at least Sebastian's.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't read Japanese, but whoever does would probably get the most out of these two postings:

Game Designer: https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1707
Level Designer: https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1708
they're still asking for people with Unreal Engine support? weird given they have a modified idTech6 (STEM Engine) to work with. thoug, if I remember correctly, Bethesda's studios seem to be going their own direction with tech rather than being forced to adopt idTech again

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I will be amazed if Bethesda greenlights The Evil Within 3. Although if that happens, I think they will follow the direction of the first game instead of the sequel which would be a shame.

MWorldII

Oct 25, 2017
Saint-Petersburg, Russia
Finally, some fun for Ruvik!
giphy.gif

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Its a shame not many bought TEW2. Game was great, absolutely enjoyed it and would to see it expanded on. I know not everyone was a fan but i loved hsving a semi open spooky town to explore.

tetopeto

Oct 30, 2017
SP / Brazil
TEW2 was SO good, sad to see the low sales. Being AAA single-player only game these days and sell well is a very hard thing to do.
I hope we can see a TEW3 from Tango.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
I hope they're making a new IP. Not a fan of TEW (only played the first game), I thought the game was a sterile gorefest without identity. Anyway, kudos to Bethesda for hiring staff despite disappointing sales of TEW2.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
TEW3 need to happen. These games are utterly unique in their rarity in today's gaming landscape. TEW2 was my GOTY2017. I need more. A lot more.

Thiago

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really want The Evil Within 3.

It's strange that Bethesda didn't anounce any DLC plans for TEW2 though.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
I was a little lukewarm on TEW 2, but I'm glad they're in a position to hire people at all.

Jan 2, 2018
Glad to see they are still in business - they are far too few small developers doing single player only games these days.

TheRedLotus

Nov 5, 2017
TEW3 need to happen. These games are utterly unique in their rarity in today's gaming landscape. TEW2 was my GOTY2017. I need more. A lot more.

Exactly.

While both TEW and the last 2 mainline Resident Evil games (Rev 2 and 7) are great, it's sad knowing that Tango and CAPCOM are pretty much the last bastion of AAA survival horror. Without them, it's over.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to see that Bethesda didn't up and close Tango.

I imagine TEW is dead for good. Wonder what could they be working on next.

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With the ending of 2 there is really no need for 3 and I somehow doubt that it'll happen considering how 2 sold. But it's fine since, like mentioned, the ending of 2 is satisfying enough.

Would hate to leave things off at the last teaser, though. While one character's story might be done, there's definitely room for one more game...there are just too many question marks regarding other major characters to end it there.

Considering the extra work that went into the sequel being current-gen only, would it be so crazy for them to put out another one in just 2 years without substantial upgrades? Maybe even go for budget pricing as an "end of generation" final effort.