• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Remember y'all that Target prorates the discount across all three games which basically makes every game on sale for $40. If you just want Destiny 2 you can buy three copies then immediately return the other two and keep one copy for $40. I do this every year as there's normally only 1 or 2 games I'm interested in.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I got lucky a few years ago and it counted World of Warcraft Time cards and Playstation Plus cards.
Sadly it has never worked since.

DrMario

Oct 27, 2017
Good for those who want it.

But honestly, this deal is only marginally better than the everyday cost of GCU and there's really just not 3 games I want right now (busy on my odyssey!)

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
What time (which time zone) does it go live?

Should be around 10pm PST/1am EST.

Good for those who want it.

But honestly, this deal is only marginally better than the everyday cost of GCU and there's really just not 3 games I want right now (busy on my odyssey!)

Well the one benefit of the Target deal is it's really a 33% off any game you want with no minimum rather than a B2G1 offer. Best Buy will force you to do 3 games where as with Target because of their return policy you can get a single game if you choose to with this sale.

DrMario

Oct 27, 2017
Should be around 10pm PST/1am EST.

Well the one benefit of the Target deal is it's really a 33% off any game you want with no minimum rather than a B2G1 offer. Best Buy will force you to do 3 games where as with Target because of their return policy you can get a single game if you choose to with this sale.

I'm really just talking the normal single game price at Best Buy. With GCU, all games are $48 plus on many games (mario, cod ww2) I'm earning $10 reward certificates with purchase. So those games effectively become $38.

I'm just saying that for me personally, the target b2g1 isn't hat big of a deal because it's only marginally more economical than my GCU discount I use year round.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Really I'm looking to snag Destiny 2 but did that even get a physical release?

Looks like you can do in store pick up with the PC version so I'm going to take that as a yes.

I'm really just talking the normal single game price at Best Buy. With GCU, all games are $48 plus on many games (mario, cod ww2) I'm earning $10 reward certificates with purchase. So those games effectively become $38.

I'm just saying that for me personally, the target b2g1 isn't hat big of a deal because it's only marginally more economical than my GCU discount I use year round.

I'm a huge pusher of GCU, and likely these deals will be beaten with BF or Best Buy's B2G1 combined with GCU, but with Best Buy you'd be stuck with getting three games. Even with their regular prices, $40 is better than $48 and those $10 reward certificates only apply to preorders and to a handful of games. You can no longer get the $10 reward certificate at Best Buy and you can't apply it immediately to your current purchase. So there are definitely benefits to be had here by allowing a single game, discount is immediate, better than the base GCU and I've been advocating buy it on November 1st so you are price protected against any future sale which means you can play now and get the better deal later if it comes along.

Tommyguns

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm...I think I'm going to pick up Wolfenstein, Assassin's Creed Origins, and South Park (Which includes the original game as well I believe)

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017

Sorry if off-topic but does Best Buy usually have discounts on GCU during Black Friday? Even at its current price point, it's almost a no-brainer, but already having Amazon Prime is holding me back from getting it.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry if off-topic but does Best Buy usually have discounts on GCU during Black Friday? Even at its current price point, it's almost a no-brainer, but already having Amazon Prime is holding me back from getting it.

They haven't in the past and there hasn't really been many deals on it since they dropped it to the current price. I wouldn't hesitate on picking it up in addition to Prime though. Unless you only buy one game a year, it's very likely you're going to save more money by having both than just having Prime alone. The target you're aiming for is can you save more than $15 over Amazon by shopping at Best Buy and if the answer is yes, then you benefit by having both. It's hard not to hit that in a year especially with how restrictive Prime is and if you take advantage of the holiday discounts that will be had. Heck even preordering a game with a $10 bonus certificate already puts you at $10 out of that $15 with one game. So don't hesitate and get it =)

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
Yea, they have in the past. I've really stocked up closer to the holidays.
Guess I'll pick it up on Black Friday then. So far Best Buy has been awesome for me with pre-orders. Almost all games have arrived on release day or one day later. Amazon on the other side always gets here (Alaska) several days up to a week later.

Deleted member 17403

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im going to get Wolfenstein 2, Assassin's Creed and double dip on The Evil Within 2. Probably sell back The Evil Within 2 to Gamestop with my old receipt.

Gifted

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It sucks that they're excluding Switch games considering they never did for PS4, I was surprised they had this promotion right around launch back then. Can't see myself going physical on anything else except maybe for some Black Friday deals.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The weekly ad page finally updated, just can't tell if the deal has taken effect yet (online at least).

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Sale is live!

Switch games do not appear to be glitched and working.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
without any Switch games, I literally only want 2 games on that list: Wolfenstein 2 and The Evil Within 2...

EDIT: that SNES Classic ad at the end lol nice little info dump

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Are preorders eligible?
Preorders typically don't work, but in the past a few have slipped through and have been eligible.

This is what I have wondered. I'd like COD 4 the PC. Wolfenstein too.

Don't know the 3rd. NHL on ps4 i guess.

If you can't figure out a third, don't force it. Buy a place holder and return it when it arrives. Target prorates the discount across the games so there's no need to actually buy and keep three games.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm wondering if they exclude Switch because they don't make much profit on those or maybe Sony and Microsoft provide them with rebates?

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought about doing Star Wars BF2 and a couple of other things but pre orders get discounts and I do not know which system I want it for.
I still may do Doom (Xbox), The Show 18 (PS4), and ...something else.

Hex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if they exclude Switch because they don't make much profit on those or maybe Sony and Microsoft provide them with rebates?
I honestly think that it is because you will see maybe 4 titles wiped out everywhere, and nothing for people who walk in.
I know it sounds like I am being a smart ass, but there are not enough physical games out there. In my opinion

Oct 25, 2017
Complete bummer that some stuff like EOV and Culdcept just are not included in the sale. Also seems really hard to sort based on platform. It is just one huge section of games that qualify.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Complete bummer that some stuff like EOV and Culdcept just are not included in the sale. Also seems really hard to sort based on platform. It is just one huge section of games that qualify.
Yeah that's so bizarre. Was planning on getting both of those actually, but neither work. And yet several newer games do still qualify? Seems pretty arbitrary for some to randomly not count for the deal.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
Just preordered the following:

Dragon Ball Fighterz
Red Dead Redemption 2
Ace Combat 7
Spider-Man
God of War
Detroit
Death Stranding
Days Gone
Battlefront 2

All worked with the B2G1

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's so bizarre. Was planning on getting both of those actually, but neither work. And yet several newer games do still qualify? Seems pretty arbitrary for some to randomly not count for the deal.

Only thing I can think of is if they aren't sold in stores maybe they don't have to include them in the sales? Or maybe it is a bug of some kind and may be fixed later on?

I think I'm going to wait and see though. Maybe it gets fixed or maybe it is working as intended =/

VictoryLap77

Oct 25, 2017
First off, hey everyone.

Thanks for the tip on preorders. I snaked Ni No Kuni 2, God of War, and Monster Hunter World.

Status
Not open for further replies.