• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

emperor bohe

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still surprised that James Chen wasn't the first commentator announced during the game reveal tbh

skillzilla81

Self-requested temporary ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It sounded like they had two-person commentary near the end of the trailer?

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Worst timeline. Dude is a menace. Shame on capcom.

NarrowWeightyBluebreastedkookaburra-max-1mb.gif

Hayama Akito

Oct 25, 2017
I already experienced this in Yatagarasu.

Is... err... a 5 minutes curiosity and then you turn it off.

But it's fine anyway, good for the game and I respect both of them.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Just realized that capcom should get ahead of any controversy and have a woman commentator ready for launch. I'm not sure who it would be though.

Aesthet1c

Oct 27, 2017
Super stoked for these guys, but man this commentary sounds so jarring. Maybe it will feel good during actual gameplay, but it just feels super generic, even when using awesome talent like James and Steve.

mrmickfran

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Gongaga
I was joking when I said that was James Chen before but it's actually him? Lmaoooo

Yeah we need Yipes ASAP, and when Fchamp is signed on, Yipes just talks endless shit

crimsonECHIDNA

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
This. Where's my Yipes DLC?

Honestly the more I think about it, the more I wouldn't bet on it. Doesn't he not commentate for official Capcom events anymore? Not even a falling out or blacklisting like what happened to Sajam. I remember watching one his streams where he mentioned Capcom just stopped hiring him for stuff, which is why he mainly seems to commentate for Strive now.

I just imaginet that Capcom is probably going to stick with their "regulars."

Stantron

Dec 5, 2017
Would be fun to see if modders eventually find a way to replace the audio files with something a little more fun and spicy. Unofficial Yipes mod could be amazing.

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
This feature is actually pretty annoying when you are playing the game because of how repetitive it is. I would probably only ever leave this on for Yipes or the Japanese commentary. Maybe if they do special guest commentators like JR from wrestling. I'm sure modders are gonna make a bunch of cool commentators.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Side note seeing as the music for Chen's part in the trailer matched the stage the music during Steve's part is probably the music for the Aircraft Carrier stage.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah while I appreciate them doing this, there is no way that they are going to voice enough lines to not have it repetitive after an hour or two. Hell, look at the WWE 2k games; they have probably recorded a shit ton of lines for the commentary in those games and I can still perfectly hear "[x] is putting their educated feet to good use" by Lawler and JR