• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
This thread is for posting questions about and sharing photos of your tattoos, and discussing the work of tattooers we admire.

I can get started. I have currently have eleven tattoos including tattoos on my chest and back and a half sleeve on my upper arm, and I am halfway through completing a forearm sleeve, which will complete a full sleeve. This tattoo has definitely been one of the most intense physical experiences I've ever gone through. The first session was 3.5 hours, and the second was almost 5. I still at least one more to go, but I'm really happy with the results so far. Excuse the photo quality, it's hard to photograph. The snake is based off of part of Japanese print I inherited from my father. You can also kind of see parts of the sleeve on my upper arm. I worked with Jason Vaughn at Deluxe Tattoo in Chicago for both. He's incredibly talented and I can't recommend him enough.

screenshot2017-10-26a8jsg8.png

Lenneth

Oct 26, 2017
Paris, France
I only have one tattoo but I'm very proud of it. I'm already thinking about a new one. I've really appreciated the experience. Maybe on the other arm, something in color this time.

OP
OP
Jugendstil

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Lenneth I love the tattoo and the sentiment! Very cool. Watch out, once you get one tattoo, it gets easier and easier to justify more!

StrawberryJam

Oct 29, 2017
Thread bump!

So I got my first tattoo way back in 2016:

4849d-13584110_292145434465664_695216192_n.jpg

My girlfriend got me a gift card to go back to the same guy and get another tattoo, but this is where I need some advice. Should I get one on my upper arm that is the same kind of style/theme and maybe turn it into a sleeve? Another idea I had was to get another animal/skull/geometric tattoo on my other forearm but in a much cleaner style to contrast the wolf. I'm actually way more confused about this one than the first one. Help me!

OP
OP
Jugendstil

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy people are posting in this thread! Hooray! I'm having my third session for my forearm sleeve this weekend, this time it's getting colored. I'll post photos when it's healed!

Thread bump!

My girlfriend got me a gift card to go back to the same guy and get another tattoo, but this is where I need some advice. Should I get one on my upper arm that is the same kind of style/theme and maybe turn it into a sleeve? Another idea I had was to get another animal/skull/geometric tattoo on my other forearm but in a much cleaner style to contrast the wolf. I'm actually way more confused about this one than the first one. Help me!

That looks sick. Since it's a gift certificate with the same guy, I'd have him work on turning it into a sleeve. I bet it will look really awesome.

This was my latest big one
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcv16n5nS09/?hl=en&taken-by=gross9978

I'm probably going to turn it into a sleeve down the road. The artist(Greg Ross) really nailed it. I've got 3 others but they're mostly smaller.

That looks great. Is the illustration original or it based off something?

data west

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so happy people are posting in this thread! Hooray! I'm having my third session for my forearm sleeve this weekend, this time it's getting colored. I'll post photos when it's healed!

That looks sick. Since it's a gift certificate with the same guy, I'd have him work on turning it into a sleeve. I bet it will look really awesome.

That looks great. Is the illustration original or it based off something?
this is what my basic reference was
%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%82%D1%83-%D1%87%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%BD%D0%BE%D0%B9-%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BA%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%80-14.jpg

Thought Greg's version ended up looking way better

StrawberryJam

Oct 29, 2017
This was my latest big one
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bcv16n5nS09/?hl=en&taken-by=gross9978

I'm probably going to turn it into a sleeve down the road. The artist(Greg Ross) really nailed it. I've got 3 others but they're mostly smaller.

That's really cool, definitely prefer yours to the original.

Thanks! I think I'll get in contact with the guy and see about getting this turned into a sleeve. Not entirely sure what it'll end up being at this point haha. Excited to see your sleeve coloured, its amazing already!

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Same artist is doing all my left arm stuff so I'm probably going to sleeve it down the road. Just a time/money thing.

OP
OP
Jugendstil

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! I think I'll get in contact with the guy and see about getting this turned into a sleeve. Not entirely sure what it'll end up being at this point haha. Excited to see your sleeve coloured, its amazing already!

Thanks! I'm excited for it to be done... it's already really intense looking, it's going to look wild when it's colored.

Same artist is doing all my left arm stuff so I'm probably going to sleeve it down the road. Just a time/money thing.

Your artist did an awesome job adapting it and improving it, it looks great.

OP
OP
Jugendstil

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks! Weirdly, I woke up this morning and checked instagram and saw the tattooer just announced he's moving to California next month. Glad I got this done in time!

data west

Oct 25, 2017
Went to a tattoo convention. Wanted to get something traditional and dudes booth was open. wasn't really 'on my list' but fuck it I like an impulse buy
28168775_10210916279915447_6644016577923279749_n.jpg

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
SollefteĂĄ, Sweden
Looking for a Cthulhu image that will cover my right lower under arm. I already have Harley Quinn and Mr Burns there, (and a Skvader on the bicep) but I have a large piece of flesh undrawn on :)

Fudgepuppy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting my first tattoo on friday, and I'm nervous as fuck.

I decided on this tattoo a couple of years ago, but I kept on holding it off because I was scared. Then yesterday on a whim when I was out with my friend who has tons of nice tattooes, I decided that I just need to take the plunge and not think too much.

Now I'm freaking out over if I'm stupid or not.

The motif I'm doing is from The Fountain. It's a movie that has had incredible therapeutic value for me, helping me through some incredibly tough times when I felt that the world was collapsing on me.

4315cc4463c2fb80e3efec2ac2b6f5f6.jpg

forearm_sleeve_by_digitalstencil-d4ouoxk.jpg

OP
OP
Jugendstil

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
i just got this done shit between my knuckles hurt like a MOTHERFUCKER holy shit.
30264740_10160220218720440_250729973013282816_n.jpg

Sick! I love the way hand tattoos look. My coworker got one last year and said it was super painful and the healing process was super annoying. I would really love the back of my hands tattooed but its a big step to have tattoos on a part of your body that's always visible. Maybe in a few years once I'm really and don't give a shit anymore!

TiduzOmni

Oct 25, 2017
Sick! I love the way hand tattoos look. My coworker got one last year and said it was super painful and the healing process was super annoying. I would really love the back of my hands tattooed but its a big step to have tattoos on a part of your body that's always visible. Maybe in a few years once I'm really and don't give a shit anymore!

its actually part of my halve sleeve, ill show you what i have :P (i bet the healing is gonna be a pita indeed)

21192405_10159241829685440_2220796316915633030_n.jpg

14370218_10157456045660440_4706827576420624008_n.jpg

data west

Oct 25, 2017
30726286_10211321361602236_2901352852007944192_n.jpg

Artist is unfortunately moving to a new location that's more of a drive for me but I may have to still follow him because he did a killer job

but i'm NEVER getting a calf tattoo again. holy shit the pain.

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Going on a year since I finished my 3/4 sleeve/chest/shoulder blade piece

CC349822_F737_4_DA1_A39_E_17_C5_B3_E19770.jpg

8_BE91391_A6_EF_4361_B6_F0_6992_F36_B1_C47.jpg

3_D240_C51_8961_4_FFF_AA75_03_C1756_BC77_A.jpg

Five 5 hr sessions and a shit load of money. I'm gonna a complete the sleeve this year

OP
OP
Jugendstil

Jugendstil

Oct 25, 2017
Going on a year since I finished my 3/4 sleeve/chest/shoulder blade piece

Five 5 hr sessions and a shit load of money. I'm gonna a complete the sleeve this year

This is sick. We're Japanese snake tattoo bros!

Anyone else get a Friday The 13th $13 tattoo last month or was it just me?

I've always wanted to but all the shops here that do it have long lines any time they do specials like that, so I never bother. What did you get?

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
I've always wanted to but all the shops here that do it have long lines any time they do specials like that, so I never bother. What did you get?

Yea the place I went to in Bridgeport was crazy. I wasn't even aware this was a thing but my buddy called me up the morning of so I said screw it. Had to wait around 3 hours.
s2WUN4Q.jpg

I love my cats so I'm cool with it. Plus its covered by a short sleeve shirt.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Jugendstil Bridgeport, CT. As crazy as this sounds I have no idea where it was or what it was called other than it was in Bpt. It was....an interesting day. But thanks! I really ended up liking it. Usually I put a lot more thought into my tattoos and will only go to a friend of mine George at FTS Gallery in Stratford, CT. They throw a bunch of art shows and stuff like that which is cool.

StrawberryJam

Oct 29, 2017
Haven't posted in a while but I've got a question. Looking to extend the wolf tattoo on my forearm to a sleeve incorporating some old Norse runes. I've been playing a shit ton of God of War haha. I'm worried though that people could think I'm some kind of neo Nazi and finding an accurate translation and all that stuff. Any thoughts?

Shrubchicken

User Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
Western Michigan
I've got a few tattoos. I'm supposed to be getting another one pretty soon. The guy who does them is a pretty good friend of mine. I'm a huge fan of his art and want to wear a sleeve of it.
h0cl8e8.jpg

zTw4YzH.jpg

deafmedal

Oct 25, 2017
Was wondering if we had a tat thread or not! Shame it's not more active. I have too many some would say ;)

Got a fairly large piece on my calf yesterday for my 40th. My regular shop generally has traveling artist come in and since Amy (the owner) is usually booked months out I've gotten a couple spur of the moment tats from guest artists. Yesterday's was a collab that turned out great, will have my wife take some pics later and I'll post 'em.

How do y'all handle after care? The artist who wrapped me up yesterday used some shit that sticks to the skin and I'm supposed to try and leave it on for 5 days... Got to say with how much pain I was in I am surprised with how it feels this morning. Not too hot and the swelling isn't very bad at all! I had been wrapping my fresh ink with Saranwrap for the first 24 hours, washing every 4-6 and applying Armor gel so this is quite different.

Drain You

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 27, 2017
Connecticut
Was wondering if we had a tat thread or not! Shame it's not more active. I have too many some would say ;)

Got a fairly large piece on my calf yesterday for my 40th. My regular shop generally has traveling artist come in and since Amy (the owner) is usually booked months out I've gotten a couple spur of the moment tats from guest artists. Yesterday's was a collab that turned out great, will have my wife take some pics later and I'll post 'em.

How do y'all handle after care? The artist who wrapped me up yesterday used some shit that sticks to the skin and I'm supposed to try and leave it on for 5 days... Got to say with how much pain I was in I am surprised with how it feels this morning. Not too hot and the swelling isn't very bad at all! I had been wrapping my fresh ink with Saranwrap for the first 24 hours, washing every 4-6 and applying Armor gel so this is quite different.

Verry light coat of aquaphor (Think that's the name of the stuff) and gently rinsing with soap when I showered. Never heard of that stuff that sticks to your skin for 5 days, sounds like it would drive me nuts.

TiduzOmni

Oct 25, 2017
bump (this thread should get more posts wow) just got this done, will finish 27sept

67484298_10162047786880440_6013213553115267072_o.jpg

Last edited:

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
SollefteĂĄ, Sweden
Getting my ninth soon, but can't decide the imagery... I know it's gonna be Cthulhu, and on my lower left arm... and I sort of know what it should look like.
The problem is I'm nut bulky so my lower left arm is kinda thin, which leads to the tattoo not being able to be maybe as wide as the images it's gonna be based on. I also have a large Harley Quinn on the arm as well as a little Mr Burn just above the hand, so I have to fit The C-man on the back of the arm.

So I have now searched for a couple of base blueprints...

Base Option 1:
d8fu6rt-6458bef8-6833-4c99-87c3-2ded4a9218e4.jpg

With added visable wing-tips on the sides. I really like this one, but am afraid that it's gonna be to wide for my arm...

Base Option 2:
1c5ec6efca17d3a13e0b69a9ef922773.jpg

Also with added wings on the side. This one has the attribute of being more fitting for a thin arm at least.

Base Option 3: Something from Paul Gerrard: https://gerrardart.artstation.com/projects/1001X?album_id=593041
paul-gerrard-the-four-disciples-of-cthulhusmall.jpg

He has a lot of cool artwork which would be perfectly acceptable. This one is "The Four Desciples of Cthulhu"

What does Era think of these? Which one should I choose?

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I just got my first ever tattoo on Friday. I was really nervous leading up to the day. It turned out great though! I'm super happy with the end product.

uf2rAg6.jpg

Last edited:

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Just got my very first tattoo ever today, after thinking about it for like 7 years or so. I finally caved, a girl gotta live y'know?
Anyway, I fell for this flash as soon as I saw it, I know I had to have it on my skin, and now it is!

aDZXAxt.jpg

Hoping the healing process will go very smoothly, I'm anxious about screwing up something here tbh, we'll see how it goes!

Filthy Slug

Oct 25, 2017
Just got my very first tattoo ever today, after thinking about it for like 7 years or so. I finally caved, a girl gotta live y'know?
Anyway, I fell for this flash as soon as I saw it, I know I had to have it on my skin, and now it is!

Hoping the healing process will go very smoothly, I'm anxious about screwing up something here tbh, we'll see how it goes!
That looks rad--I fucking love floral pieces. And looks like ya got saniderm on, so at least the first phase of healing should be aok!

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
That looks rad--I fucking love floral pieces. And looks like ya got saniderm on, so at least the first phase of healing should be aok!

Aww thank you! It's looking so muddy right now under the saniderm though, that's gonna be fun when I'll pull it off in 2/3 days (if it doesn't peel off until then)!

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
That's a really cool one! I love that style of Mario, and your tattoo artist did a great job.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone!
I'm thinking of getting my 5th one pretty soon, still need some inspiration though.

Anyway, might as well post mine:

zE4jbym.jpg

N5IGKLm.jpg

4mmBfy4.jpg

r9KzywN.jpg

BarrBarr

Oct 25, 2017
I love that first one that you got. Is your next tat gonna be anime inspired or are you planning on moving to something else?

Got my second Tattoo on Monday, the guy who made it was great.

NjvhNZY.jpg

spookyduzt

Drive-In Mutant
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just booked an appointment for my first tattoo this November right before the election. I'm kinda nervous but I'm really excited that I've finally figured out the concept for the piece, and found a really talented artist who I'm confident will do a beautiful job on it. It's a black and gray half sleeve mixing a few nautical and horror elements that really speak to me. Can't wait to show it to y'all in a few months.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I just booked an appointment for my first tattoo this November right before the election. I'm kinda nervous but I'm really excited that I've finally figured out the concept for the piece, and found a really talented artist who I'm confident will do a beautiful job on it. It's a black and gray half sleeve mixing a few nautical and horror elements that really speak to me. Can't wait to show it to y'all in a few months.
This sounds like a nice piece. A whole half-sleeve for your first is awesome.

I'm getting my first next week but they picked a tattooist for me, and I'm not especially crazy about his style, so I'm nervous. But it's just a little piece on my wrist.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
The tattoo that I got was actually well made and the tattooist was really cool. It was a very simple one on the wrist.

I've talked to another tattoo parlor today as well because I wanted the tattoo that's on Ellie in The Last of Us. They don't wanna do a photo copy of it but rather something unique based on it. I went for it and is waiting on the result.

But I'm still contemplating just to get a photo copy of it though. Because his style is colorful neo style and I think that would probably fit the Blade Runner / Dune tattoo I want to a t.

venom slime

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
I have a love of tattoos and it certainly helps that my girlfriend is a tattoo artist herself (her style is dotwork). She is constantly exposing me to other incredible artists which leads to me wanting to have more and more pieces on my body (though I do tend to pace myself, thankfully; also, tattoos can be super expensive which helps in a way)! The most recent one I got was my first old school style tattoo (my other ones are mostly realistic, either black work or in grey scale). Anyway, here it is: https://www.instagram.com/p/CDn-qUNliSQ/ (It's a pro-wrestler). It's still healing so my mind is not focused on the next one yet. That said, I'll probably do a "naive tattoo" next. Something small most likely.