• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 721

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have Just seen this video on aj+ Facebook (Al jazeera)

https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1081430658665107&id=407570359384477

https://www.facebook.com/ajplusenglish/

Idk what to think yet honestly, the ACLU thing is bad for Taylor, but the altright thing i think its exagerated, at the same time i have to think If the artist should denounce the group or ignore to not give publicity to assholes.

I have to think, whats your opinion guys

Edit:

Video Summary:
Journalist points out Taylor Swift using Nazi imagery in a music video and lyrics that reference alt right ideology.

Taylor sends a C&D to the journalist and says take piece down. ACLU says journalist doesn't have to.

Video then shows Daily Stormer, Milo, and Brietbart giving her high praise multiple times.

Last edited:

Deleted member 14002

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Uh...your link isn't working.
Works for me on mobile US.

Video Summary:
Journalist points out Taylor Swift using Nazi imagery in a music video and lyrics that reference alt right ideology.

Taylor sends a C&D to the journalist and says take piece down. ACLU says journalist doesn't have to.

Video then shows Daily Stormer, Milo, and Brietbart giving her high praise multiple times.

I have Just seen this video on aj+ Facebook (Al Jazeera)

Hey OP throw this summary in the OP.

On-Topic:

If Papa John's can denounce white supremacists, Taylor Swift should be able to.

It's one thing to benefit unknowingly while a hate group supports for, it's another thing entirely to be exalted by them and actively strongarm someone who draws attention to it.

Last edited:

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have Just seen this video on aj+ Facebook (Al jazeera)
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1081430658665107&id=407570359384477

Idk what to think yet honestly, the ACLU thing is bad, but the altright thing i think its exagerated, at the same time i have to think If the artist should denounce the group or ignore to not give publicity to assholes.

I have to think, whats your opinion guys

She refuses to even make a statement . That's the crux. When she is called out on it regardless if the blogger is overreacting , the lawsuit from her means she wants this shut down which legitimizes the blogger argument

FeliciaFelix

Oct 27, 2017
Don't think she's a Nazi, but think she's a cold and calculating woman and that makes it easier to paint her as a supervillian. Lots of pop superstars but only her seems to be a believable Nazi.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also I get the feeling she doesn't make public statements as a public influential figure because she does want to lose sales from a chunk of her audience which is alt right

OP
OP

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think Taylor Swift is any way an alt-righter or tries to pander to them. I think she is just a person her is too self-conscious about her own image and reacts even at the smallest criticism against her. Alt-righters will latch onto anyone that is going against their most hated people or institutions. It's because they are fundamentally not very smart people.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Don't think she's a Nazi, but think she's a cold and calculating woman and that makes it easier to paint her as a supervillian. Lots of pop superstars but only her seems to be a believable Nazi.
I think it falls somewhere in this situation:

aAa7Teo.jpg

She knows she's going to alienate a large segment of her base if she comes out with a statement.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brietbart and the alt right will endorse anyone that inadvertently gives them more exposure, it's the ISIS tactic of "take credit for everything, it's free advertising". Anyone digging deeper than that to highlight some ridiculous conspiracy between Swift and the far right are being silly.

astro

Oct 25, 2017
More Taylor Swift conpiracies...really?
Not a conspiracy to call out how her lack of denouncement could be seen as empowering by the alt-right.

She's in a position to make a statement against bigotry, instead she chooses to take a shit on the little person.

Not a good look.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
Queen of the Aryans still at it huh? Not surprised she still not making a statement. She would hate to lose that alt right money.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
this is ridiculous.

so every pop star and hollywood star has the scour the internet to find out what marginal groups have appropraited them?

seriously, the first time that I ever heard of the Daily Stormer was after Charlottesville, pior to that I had no idea who they were.

Should she denounce the Alt-Right know that she know who they are? yes she should.
But insniutating that she is implicit with them is rediculous.

and the whole thing about the lyrics "what you made me do" LOLOLOL that is reaching

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
I think it's quite telling that she doesn't want to denounce a group of people that are associating themselves with her music, doesn't want to upset that demographic of her fans or she likes it, if a movement like alt-right puts you up as one of their "poster children" that has been growing in exposure you can't just leave it to continue.

Back in the 90s and early 2000s there were neo nazis associating themselves with black metal bands even though the bands weren't at all and those bands denounced those fans, but one of the biggest pop stars can't seem to do it.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is ridiculous.

so every pop star and hollywood star has the scour the internet to find out what marginal groups have appropraited them?

seriously, the first time that I ever heard of the Daily Stormer was after Charlottesville, pior to that I had no idea who they were.

Should she denounce the Alt-Right know that she know who they are? yes she should.

and the whole thing about the lyrics "what you made me do" LOLOLOL that is reaching

She sued the blogger who said she should denounce instead of saying of course I hate the alt right folks. She sent a cease and desist . Who does that ?! I'll give you 2 guesses but it will take just one

OP
OP

Deleted member 721

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Works for me on mobile US.

Video Summary:

Hey OP throw this summary in the OP.

On-Topic:

If Papa John's can denounce white supremacists, Taylor Swift should be able to.

It's one thing to benefit unknowingly while a hate group supports for, it's another thing entirely to be exalted by them and actively strongarm someone who draws attention to it.
Thx! Just updated it

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is ridiculous.

They shouldnt have to actively find out who their worst fans are, but when they are made aware of it the literal least they can do is say "those guys suck and I don't support them" for PR purposes.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Keep this up and she'll release another garbage-ass single to keep up her victim complex.

She can't even be bothered to say "hey Nazis can fuck off." She has a moral backbone made of eggshells.

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
She sued the blogger who said she should denounce instead of saying of course I hate the alt right folks. She sent a cease and desist . Who does that ?! I'll give you 2 guesses but it will take just one
was Taylor Swift aware of the apropriation by the Alt-Right prior to the Blogger's post?

that is an important question; not everyone is goign to scour the internet for every conspiracy or weirdos apropriating you on the internet

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
this is ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is that she sent her lawyers after that blog.
If she want to ignore the whole thing that's one thing, I mean I don't know why it's so hard to say Nazis are bad, but whatever, it's a tiny blog. But that whole "should she scour the internet?" argument is silly since she (or her people) obviously did do that, and found a place much smaller and less influential than the Daily fucking Stormer and decided to go after it with a cease and desist letter.

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is ridiculous.

Can you name me literally any other big pop star or musician or actor that has this problem Taylor Swift is having ?

Literally at any point in this process all she had to do was denounce the alt right and she knows that.

Thisman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
was Taylor Swift aware of the apropriation by the Alt-Right prior to the Blogger's post?

that is an important question; not everyone is goign to scour the internet for every conspiracy or weirdos apropriating you on the internet

Aware enough to send the lawyers to shut down the person asking her to publicly denounce

Cream

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
is there any proof that she was aware of the apropriation prior?
I mean no I don't think there's any proof but how the hell did she find out about this random blog post and not any of that stuff? The alt right and Nazis being a big fan of Taylor Swift has been a known thing for a while. The fact that she doesn't speak out on political issues or take a stand on anything has been a very well-known criticism of her for years that I'm absolutely positive she knows about. So really the only other option is that she wasn't thinking about the optics of going after this blog post on that basis

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
All she had to do is read the article.
the article was attcking her with the assumption that she was aware of the Alt-Right's apropriation

my point in all of this in the TIMELINE is: was she aware or not aware of all of this prior the Blogger?

2ndly, should everyone reply to all the Conspiracy Theorist Bloggers on the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.