• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
The only thing that bothered me in the video was the waiter on the boat because that dude deserved to get yelled at. He was waiting around like he wanted a fucking tip. It's a private boat asshole, fuck off once you bring that drink! lol

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Even men who try to be allies have the male ego. And it is still a fragile thing
I catch myself feeling it all the time

Its not even like she's attacking men though, its just general society. And quite, maybe more often its women/womens magazines media etc, that criticise her and other women for these things that they wouldn't for a man.

Grzi

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, this is nice. It reminds me of what Brie Larson was going through when Captain Marvel came out. Getting called out for not being "likable" enough or whatever, while male actors that act the same way (or worse) are admired and seen as role models.

KDash

Oct 25, 2017
Florida
8oKZuw7.png

7gfuO1S.png

XsLMEQp.png

spam musubi

Oct 25, 2017
good song, good video, good message. are people here really catching feelings over this? like, i would expect that from dudes on MRA subreddits, but here?

Horns

Dec 7, 2018
The message isn't that hard guys. She's not saying all men are assholes, this isn't some portrayal of herself. The guy Taylor portrays in the video is a giant ass, but he can get away with it because of his gender. Whereas if she did it, she'd be criticized for it. Like listen to the song.

I still think there is a certain crowd who will see this as an attack on all men.

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
Feel of whole video is bit off, uncanny. I can't, but feel they touched it up with some VFX from environments to people in it. Including Taylor.

Still impressive stuff.

Ezra

Nov 14, 2017
I hate that I love this song because it's so dumb to hear all of this from one of the biggest and richest pop stars in the world.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The message isn't that hard guys. She's not saying all men are assholes, this isn't some portrayal of herself. The guy Taylor portrays in the video is a giant ass, but he can get away with it because of his gender. Whereas if she did it, she'd be criticized for it. Like listen to the song.

Its funny how over so many people's heads the video and song went apparently. Lmao.

I hate that I love this song because it's so dumb to hear all of this from one of the biggest and richest pop stars in the world.

Taylor may be a pretty mainstream artist with a ton of recognition now but she had to claw her way to the top. Comments like this are exactly what this song is about. Underestimating how hard she worked because she is a woman.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's some impressive makeup work, even better than Michael Jackson's in Ghost
a5BMyNpVUz5k6nf_PzZ_yqNoUbtQCaExHMcfNbtBGnJCAPxBh_Qzsjx5tG7d9287ktFN7eYtQlrftwA9we2VqNsByZ5ptp7JYwx5rysUnl1bxxtMHy46qWxkMPWd9NjpdeCI2XWZHNKBuH53Cut8RRgQ8u-XRnvxB_dXCQ

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good song, great video. Really hammered it home at the end with the director saying to be sexier and more likeable. Wonder how many times she's heard that direction.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Hahahaha you think people actually listen these days?

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
People are either fuckin' stupid or know exactly what the point was and are just being disingenuous.

Alex3190

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The messaging has flown over people's heads. All she's saying is that if she were a man she'd have a much easier life. She wouldn't be judged so easily.

Charizard

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good song, great video. Really hammered it home at the end with the director saying to be sexier and more likeable. Wonder how many times she's heard that direction.
It took me a bit to realize that they were flipping the typical genders involved there and that Lauren was the one who just stood there the whole time, but when I did I couldn't stop laughing because OW

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
In the song, she says she would get away with a lot more if she was a man. The video expands on that idea and shows what men get away with on the regular, especially famous men whereas women get criticized over the smallest things.

If Taylor Swift was out there bragging about her success and acting like a dickwad like MANY male stars do, she'd get cancelled instantly.

Yeah just to point out to the really clueless, your not being picked on guys. They've done lots of studies and it really is true.

www.fastcompany.com

Women bosses face more discrimination (from both men and women)

Women continue to face social barriers, even when they get to leadership positions.

Astro Cat

Mar 29, 2019
Great song and great video. Some of the posts in this thread are an amazing display of male fragility.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
Holy freaking crap that makeup.

Oh my god.

I was actually wondering the whole video, is that actually her or is it some other actor and I'm missing something obvious? Then at the end they showed the makeup and of course I was convinced.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Taylor Swift ending up as this kind, and simultaneously badass, pop culture icon is just such a feel good thing.