• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
At least that 11 year old bug fix is pretty neat
snurr.gif

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017

Mfw my girlfriend says I have a duty to bang her but a new Team Neighborhood is out

(well, "new" now)

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
The potted plant just joined the smash bros roster. Now all that's left of the TF2 dev team is the janitor and the baby.

Deleted member 24118

Oct 29, 2017
I found it really hard to believe that he's truly sorry when he decided to announce his comeback through an ARG.

Yeah, I can kind of understand why he did it (fear of anger from a community that... doesn't let go easy, being a stupid teenager, etc.) and it's cool that he owned up to it instead of taking the easy way and saying "I got better! :)" but between the ARG thing and the whole "virtue-signalling e-celebs" accusation he hasn't really handled the return well.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017

Here's what Tyler with Valve News Network has heard about upcoming updates.

He's heard a new update is coming soon. He's heard that the heavy will get a new weapon set (and possibly other classes may get some weapons as well) and there will be another class war vote. Here's also heard the theme could be either war themed (probably Frontline) or classic themed.
So basically maybe something soon (which isn't too surprising since it's been a pretty long time since Jungle Inferno).

Twig

Oct 25, 2017
Every time I watch someone playing the game (like in the video above) I desperately want to play TF2. But the TF2 I want doesn't exist anymore. And I'm not talking about items or whatever that a lot of people like to hate on. In fact, I like the variety that stuff brings. It's just the way I played it, with a solid group of people on a consistent server, night after night.

Maybe the game should die after all...

I don't mean it!!!

Sort of.

Sequel, please. Refresh and reinvigorate.

I know it won't and can't happen.

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
Here's a long story about what happened to me tonight on a casual server.

Ok so I dived back into tf2 after another year long break and had the strangest experience with an online community in ages.

Started as huntsman sniper on a payload map. Instantly miss a demoman by spawn and get killed, leading to our engineer's teleporter entrance getting destroyed. My fault to be fair, but I was still rusty to say the least.

Within seconds the engineer is in chat saying "kick shit sniper" to my team, and starts a vote to kick me. I feel a little bit deflated but still try my best despite the looming vote kick. The vote fails and I feel relieved, manage a lucky kill and jarate assist, but my confidence is boosted slightly.

Oh but this Engineer wasn't done yet. This guy (with a Donald trump profile picture, just an observation) proceeds to say in team chat "if the sniper isn't kicked then I'm not building teleporters". He then starts another vote to kick me. Wow, I thought, that is some serious bitterness he has in a casual server.

The best part was when the vote failed again, another person on my team said "you know, we could just kick you instead". Boom, a vote starts and he gets kicked in seconds. I was just sitting there grinning, I couldn't believe that just happened. I ended up changing to demo part way through and put up a decent fight.

We lost the game in the end but I didn't care, I was having fun trying my best for the team who had my back.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Here's a long story about what happened to me tonight on a casual server.

Ok so I dived back into tf2 after another year long break and had the strangest experience with an online community in ages.

Started as huntsman sniper on a payload map. Instantly miss a demoman by spawn and get killed, leading to our engineer's teleporter entrance getting destroyed. My fault to be fair, but I was still rusty to say the least.

Within seconds the engineer is in chat saying "kick shit sniper" to my team, and starts a vote to kick me. I feel a little bit deflated but still try my best despite the looming vote kick. The vote fails and I feel relieved, manage a lucky kill and jarate assist, but my confidence is boosted slightly.

Oh but this Engineer wasn't done yet. This guy (with a Donald trump profile picture, just an observation) proceeds to say in team chat "if the sniper isn't kicked then I'm not building teleporters". He then starts another vote to kick me. Wow, I thought, that is some serious bitterness he has in a casual server.

The best part was when the vote failed again, another person on my team said "you know, we could just kick you instead". Boom, a vote starts and he gets kicked in seconds. I was just sitting there grinning, I couldn't believe that just happened. I ended up changing to demo part way through and put up a decent fight.

We lost the game in the end but I didn't care, I was having fun trying my best for the team who had my back.

Obviously it can vary from server to server but I find that a lot of people who play this game are usually pretty chill. I've seen stuff like that happen too.
I think the silly tone of the game helps contribute to this.

Deleted member 24118

Oct 29, 2017
I'm joining the military next month, and in anticipation I'm taking this month off from work. If anybody wants to party up I'm available pretty much all day every day of March.

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
Obviously it can vary from server to server but I find that a lot of people who play this game are usually pretty chill. I've seen stuff like that happen too.
I think the silly tone of the game helps contribute to this.

Yeah if it was a game like CS:GO or rainbow six siege, I have a feeling I might not have been given the time of day by my team.

I was doing terribly when I first got back into it, missing shots and running into ambushes. I feel like I've been getting back into the swing of it now though. I hadn't even played with a keyboard and mouse in months. I don't know how some players can be so impatient with people who are obviously less skilled, we all start somewhere after all.

I do wish TF2 had a better tutorial for the different weapons and game modes. It can be pretty overwhelming at first. I would have tried going on a CTF map but they go on forever sometimes with people treating it more like a team deathmatch mode.

starpower

The Fallen
Jan 23, 2018
Canada
what is a good site to sell items for cash? I used bitskins for my csgo stuff and for a while I was rocking their smaller niche tf2 side but it isnt big enough. i have a luchadore with sunbeams unusual that needs to pay my bills, not interested in getting a stupid amount of crate keys

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
what is a good site to sell items for cash? I used bitskins for my csgo stuff and for a while I was rocking their smaller niche tf2 side but it isnt big enough. i have a luchadore with sunbeams unusual that needs to pay my bills, not interested in getting a stupid amount of crate keys

I would give marketplace.tf a shot, that's the premier TF2 buying/selling website and they payout through Paypal. They don't just buy from you though, once it sells they pay you minus 10% of the selling price.

GulAtiCa

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
For the 1st time ever... I played TF2 for the 1st time this weekend. Funny enough, it's on The Orange Box from 360 disc via Xbox One BC.

And, it turns out has a dedicated player base still. Full games constantly. Though, very vanilla, very fun. Little bit of lag from time to time.

Idk why I never played TF2 before now. Esp as I used to love TFC back during early/mid 2000s. Played it an insane amount. Hell, even helped make maps for it (nothing popular or really good, lol)

I wonder if my laptop could even handle the game, probably not.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
For the 1st time ever... I played TF2 for the 1st time this weekend. Funny enough, it's on The Orange Box from 360 disc via Xbox One BC.

And, it turns out has a dedicated player base still. Full games constantly. Though, very vanilla, very fun. Little bit of lag from time to time.

Idk why I never played TF2 before now. Esp as I used to love TFC back during early/mid 2000s. Played it an insane amount. Hell, even helped make maps for it (nothing popular or really good, lol)

I wonder if my laptop could even handle the game, probably not.

If you like the 360 version I would suggest giving the PC version a shot, it's free 2 play so it costs nothing to try and it's quite a bit different, having gotten 10 years of content updates with new weapons, balance changes, new features, new game modes and new maps. My favorite game mode is payload and it wasn't even in the launch version of the game.
It can run poorly, TF2 isn't exactly the best optimized game. The game basically pushes the source engine to it's limits.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone that missed it the VR game Hot Dogs, Horseshoes and Hand Grenades is getting a TF2 themed update:

Tyler at VNN was able to get an interview with one of the guys working about it about how they got permission from Valve to do a TF2 update and what changes they had to make to the weapons:

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
As FUBARs go, this is a doozy:

There have been numerous reports, and sightings in the wild, of an apparent serious economy flaw that is resulting in the guaranteed uncratings of Unusual quality items. As a result, demand for certain types of crates believed to be affected has soared, and supplies of Unusual quality items are flash flooding the market.
Scrap.TF has disabled its Unusual banking feature as a result.
  • It is currently not recommended to trade for anything at this time. Real world money trades, although they've never been sanctioned by Valve outside of the Steam Community Market, are especially hazardous at this time.
  • It is not yet known how, or even if Valve will clean up any damage caused as a result of this error.
    • As well, the fates of those known to be actively partaking in such activities are also unknown.
  • DUE TO THE UNCHARTED TERRITORY OF THE AFTERMATH OF SUCH A FLAW'S EXISTENCE IN ANY VALVE MULTIPLAYER GAME WITH ITEMS, THIS IS A PARTICULARLY DANGEROUS SITUATION! THERE IS ALWAYS THE POSSIBILITY, HOWEVER REMOTE, OF A GLOBAL ROLLBACK OF ALL TEAM FORTRESS ITEM TRADING ACTIVITY
Sure explains why I'm seeing so many of my old crate listings getting sold in the marketplace all of a sudden...

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like it's crates 1-20 along with 82 and 85 that give a guaranteed unsual. I unboxed all 8 of my 82 and 85s and got an unusual from all of them.

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Looks like it's crates 1-20 along with 82 and 85 that give a guaranteed unsual. I unboxed all 8 of my 82 and 85s and got an unusual from all of them.

Holy crap, you're right! 5 for 5 for me. I wonder what they will do. I'm guessing an inventory rollback to just before the patch dropped and refunding keys used.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap, you're right! 5 for 5 for me. I wonder what they will do. I'm guessing an inventory rollback to just before the patch dropped and refunding keys used.

Looks like 20 doesn't actually work, I tried it and it gave me stranges. Everything else worked though. I unboxed a few unusuals.
8B607B21F5EB90111E4908F70AC5CEABD4990F3E

I imagine tomorrow will be the first day in a long time Gabe Newell has thought about TF2.

Allietraa

Prophet of Truth
Mar 13, 2019
I'm hoping they dont do anything. The game has been on auto-pilot for ages. This is at least an interesting shake up lol

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The most I imagine they'll do is trade lock the hats, if they even do that. Probably just fix the crates and tell everyone to enjoy their new $6 Stout Shakos.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Well crap, was thinking of buying early crates because I still had a few gaps in my crate collection. :(

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Seems Valve opted to let people keep the uncrates, and leave them as non tradeable, non marketable, based on the tags on the items in inventories

voodoo

Oct 26, 2017
Seems the first unusual people bought/uncrated are now tradeable in folks inventories. If you sold it, none will be (apparently). I guess the blog post on how to refund untradeable unusuals will be happening soon™

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like my first unbox was a Miami Nights Dark Falkirk Helm. Not great for selling looks like it's pretty low tier.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Classic Halloween maps are now playable, Valve will be putting out another Scream Fortress sometime later this month

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Scream Fortress XI has been released:

Scream Fortress XI has arrived!

• Featuring 2 new community maps: Laughter and Precipice
  • Added the Spooky Spoils Case
    • Contains 22 new community-created cosmetic items that make-up the Spooky Spoils Collection
    • Has a chance to give one of 5 new community-created Halloween-restricted items as a bonus item
    • Has a chance to give a taunt Unusualifier as a bonus item
  • Added 20 new community-created Unusual effects
    • 12 new effects for Unusual hats
    • 8 new effects for Unusual taunts
  • All players who launch the game will receive a Soul Gargoyle if they don't already have one
    • Grants access to Merasmissions and Halloween item transmutations
    • Tracks Merasmissions completed and souls collected
  • All Halloween Contracts have been reset, allowing them to be completed again
  • Completing a Halloween Contract will give players a classic Halloween item and the chance for a Spooky Spoils Case
  • Continue last year's event by collecting the souls of dead players for your Soul Gargoyle by killing enemies, doing map objectives, or collecting the Soul Gargoyles that spawn in the maps
  • All cases will grant Halloween 2019 Unusual effects instead of their normal Unusual effects during the event
  • Join Halloween matches by using the Special Events category in Casual
  • Scream Fortress XI runs through November 7th, 2019
General
  • Fixed an overheal bug related to players teleporting to the underworld on Halloween maps
  • Fixed being able to attack players with the Short Circuit during a truce
  • Fixed the Snack Attack not playing a timer sound while attached to buildings
  • Updated Carnival of Carnage to fix an area where Engineers could build outside of the world
  • Updated several maps to fix localization issues
  • Updated/Added some tournament medals
  • Updated the localization files