• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yeah I'm aware of the team size. I once visited Valve and the Dota pit size vs the TF2 pit size was laughable.

Doesn't change what I want, though. ):

I honestly don't think a tutorial would help much, though. It could help a little, but... Everyone I talk to who doesn't like TF2 anymore complains about not knowing about the weapons the enemy uses. Tutorials take time, and if you're getting wrecked by you don't even know what the fuck, you're not even going to finish the tutorial.

New players have it even worse!
True facts: I haven't changed my load outs in like 3 years. A bunch of weapons have been reworked since then, so I should probably go through and see what's what, but I don't care enough to and i still seem to do pretty well.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
We got a nice little pre-Smissmas update today:
  • Fixed a client crash related to viewing notifications
  • Fixed being able to interrupt taunts using the ConTracker commands
  • Fixed a bug with the Medi Gun not staying attached to players
  • Fixed a bug with the Backburner using its owner's angle to determine whether the attack is behind the victim
  • Fixed a rendering issue with the Spectral Swirl unusual effect
  • Fixed not being able to fire the Dragon's Fury in some areas (e.g. the control point on Nucleus)
  • Fixed not being able to light Huntsman arrows with the Dragon's Fury
  • Fixed Dragon's Fury projectiles not fizzling when hitting water
  • Fixed not being able to detonate stickybombs when switching to melee with secondary attack held down
  • Fixed the charge sound for the Stickybomb Launcher not stopping if the player switches weapons while charging
  • Fixed Quick-Fix Medics not properly following/mirroring the Pyro after launching with the Thermal Thruster
  • Fixed being able to shoot flares through objects like setup gates
  • Fixed the Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol always giving 7hp per-hit
  • Fixed the Winger not counting towards the Scout achievement "Gun Down"
  • Fixed the Festive Sandvich not counting towards the Heavy achievement "Konspicuous Konsumption"
  • Fixed the Rescue Ranger not counting towards the Engineer achievement "Texas Two-Step"
  • Fixed the Genuine version of the Flying Guillotine having no taunt
  • Updated the Vita-Saw so victims spawn random internal organs on hit
  • Updated the Atomizer damage penalty vs players to -15% (from -25%)
  • Updated the party system so invites are shown to all party members
  • Updated the Thermal Thruster stomp damage on other players to be 3x the base fall damage - not the reduced fall damage of the owner
  • Updated the "With Friends Like these..." achievement to check for five friends instead of seven
  • Added the Heals for Reals 2017 community medals
  • Added the "Philanthropist's Indulgence" community medal for Random Acts of TF2
  • Added the "Spectral Snowflake" community medal for the Nightmare Before Smissmas 2017 community showcase
It's pretty interesting that we got 2 weapon rebalances in this patch with the Atomizer and Thermal Thruster (it seems like the Pretty Boy's Pocket Pistol change was a bug fix not a rebalance. It;s a fine "nerf"/fix anyway, it's pretty OP at this point). I wonder if we'll continue to see Valve do some random weapon rebalances outside of major updates or if this is just a one off thing.

Last edited:

Uriah

Oct 25, 2017
I asked this on the old forum, but is there still not anyway to change the key bindings for engineer buildings and spy disguises? The default bindings make them almost impossible to play for me.

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I don't know about changing the bindings outright, but I've used scripts (autoexec.cfg) to set Engineer up with quick build/destroy on F1-4 so I don't have to ever even see the PDA screen, I'm sure you could do something similar with Spy disguises and set them to whatever bindings you wanted.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I asked this on the old forum, but is there still not anyway to change the key bindings for engineer buildings and spy disguises? The default bindings make them almost impossible to play for me.

If you hit ~ you can bring up the console and type in bind commands to change your keys. The commands is bind <key> "command"
The wiki has a list of default commands here.

For example as spy I have my last disguise (which is also key to change the weapon the disguise is holding) to shift. So I used bind shift lastdisguise

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Found this script on https://www.reddit.com/r/tf2/comments/13ub38/spy_quick_disguise_script/ that worked for the spy and another for the engineer.

Glad you found something that worked.
You can do configs for all 9 classes though engineer and spy are the main ones you'll probably ever use.
The only other one you may want to do a script for is medic, you can do a medic radar script where you bind a key to cause all teammates to call out for medic near you, which helps you find team mates and know if someone is a spy since they wont call for spy:

hud_medicautocallers 1
alias autocall_default "hud_medicautocallersthreshold 50"
alias autocall_all "hud_medicautocallersthreshold 150"
alias +radar "autocall_all"
alias -radar "autocall_default"
bind n "+radar"

The autocall numbers are for the automatic calls that characters do that you may have in your advanced settings already. You of course bind whatever key you want to the medic radar.

Deleted member 24118

User requested account closure
Oct 29, 2017
Using https://cfg.tf/ makes it pretty easy to make custom configs.

Also, it apparently took ten years for people to realize the payload only destroys sentries from the front.

OrganicTangibleAvocet-max-14mb.gif

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
I've not tried competitive yet. Can't say I'm too interested in it and I'm still sceptical about it becoming something substantial. I usually just mess about in casual CTF these days. Hoping they add Sawmill and Well back into CTF rotation.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I've not tried competitive yet. Can't say I'm too interested in it and I'm still sceptical about it becoming something substantial. I usually just mess about in casual CTF these days. Hoping they add Sawmill and Well back into CTF rotation.

Yeah causal is missing CTF Sawmill, CTF Well, 5Gorge and 2Fort Invasion. No reason these shouldn't be added to casual, along with arena mode as an alternate game mode.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

• Happy Smissmas 2017!
    • All players who play TF2 during the event will receive a Stuffed Stocking as a gift! Stockings contain goodies for good little Mercenaries.
      • Event runs through January 10th, 2018
    • Added the Winter 2017 War Paint Case
      • Contains 15 new community-contributed War Paints
      • Randomly dropped for players who have activated a Jungle Inferno Campaign Pass
    • Added the Winter 2017 Cosmetic Case
      • Contains 20 new community-contributed items
      • The Festivizer can be found as a bonus drop when opening the case
    • Added 6 new community-contributed taunts to the Mann Co. Store
      • Taunt: The Skating Scorcher
      • Taunt: The Bunnyhopper
      • Taunt: Runner's Rhythm
      • Taunt: Luxury Lounge
      • Taunt: Surgeon's Squeezebox
      • Taunt: The Trackman's Touchdown
    • Expanded the list of weapons that can be Festivized!
      • Ubersaw, Dragon's Fury, Amputator, Air Strike, Back Scratcher, Scotsman's Skullcutter, Bazaar Bargain, Black Box, Claidheamh Mòr, Crusader's Crossbow, Degreaser, Loose Cannon, Persian Persuader, Detonator, Brass Beast, Holy Mackerel, Loch-n-Load, Powerjack, Iron Bomber, Reserve Shooter, Disciplinary Action, Family Business, Shahanshah, Scorch Shot, Shortstop, Soda Popper, Rescue Ranger, Tomislav, Panic Attack, Winger
    • Mann Co. Store winter sale!
    General
    • War Paints can now be used for Mann Co. Trade-Ups
    • Fixed a rendering issue with the Misty Skull unusual effect
    • Fixed a case where it was possible to use the Thermal Thruster twice in one launch
    • Fixed the inspect animation for the Shortstop
    • Fixed the Festive Sandvich not showing the bite mark when eaten
    • Increased the maximum number of backpack slots to 3000 (from 2500)
    • Added the UGC Highlander Season 21, Highlander Season 22, Highlander Season 23, 6v6 Season 23, 6v6 Season 24, 6v6 Season 25, 4v4 Season 10, 4v4 Season 11, and 4v4 Season 12 tournament medals
    • Added Ready Steady Pan Season 3 tournament medals
    • Updated cp_mercenarypark
      • Added a forward spawn for BLU when attacking the final control point
      • Added a connecting stairwell to the mid-structure of the final control point
      • Fixed area portal rendering issues between the first and second control points
    • Updated pd_watergate
      • Respawn times of the teams will change dynamically based on the difference in scores. This should help balance any extreme differences in the team skills/scores.
        • <50% difference in scores: 8s for leading team, 4s for trailing
        • >50% difference in scores: 12s for leading team, 0s for trailing
        • Equal scores: 6s for each team
      • Relocated the player beer pickup counter on the HUD to the lower left, but made it slightly larger
      • Updated the soundscape to have more alien-y sounds in the main areas
      • Adjusted detail in the center and spawn rooms
      • Adjusted clipping around the map

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Ye, kind of meh update.

It'd be nice to have some snowy, xmas themed reskins of old maps like we get for halloween.

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish I didn't sell off those festivizers in October for something like $2.25 each. They're going for over $8 on the market now. I had wrongly assumed the price would drop when more of them became available during Smissmas this year.

Unfortunately, all the new festives suck. They're just the regular weapon skins with the lights strapped to them with nothing creative done with them. It's weird though because you can make some of the weapons that already have festive versions of them festive by applying the festivizer but you'll just get bland versions with just lights on them. The "festive" crusaders crossbow has a bow and lights on it and shoots candy canes whereas the "festivized" crusaders crossbow just has lights on it. The OG festive sticky bomb launcher has the black and white toggle while the created version doesn't. The decision to make a "festivized" and "festive" divide seems lazy. I would have rather they preserved the value of the original festives by making non-painted weapons of existing festives non-festivizable.

I'm of the opinion that there are far too many weapon paints in existence now. I'll just keep shaking my fist and go back to dx8 where the game has a decent frame rate.

People keep lamenting the absence of comp changes but until Valve gets a handle on the hacking issues, comp mode will probably struggle in any form. Valve really needs to revamp their player reporting tool and incentivize people for using it. The player based policing via the vote system is only a temporary solution and has its limits. It's almost a daily occurrence that I run into a hacker and I can't help but feel a bit peeved when I run into the same hacker months apart. The only time comp was good was when it was in a semi-closed beta.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I really wish I didn't sell off those festivizers in October for something like $2.25 each. They're going for over $8 on the market now. I had wrongly assumed the price would drop when more of them became available during Smissmas this year.

Unfortunately, all the new festives suck. They're just the regular weapon skins with the lights strapped to them with nothing creative done with them. It's weird though because you can make some of the weapons that already have festive versions of them festive by applying the festivizer but you'll just get bland versions with just lights on them. The "festive" crusaders crossbow has a bow and lights on it and shoots candy canes whereas the "festivized" crusaders crossbow just has lights on it. The OG festive sticky bomb launcher has the black and white toggle while the created version doesn't. The decision to make a "festivized" and "festive" divide seems lazy. I would have rather they preserved the value of the original festives by making non-painted weapons of existing festives non-festivizable.

I'm of the opinion that there are far too many weapon paints in existence now. I'll just keep shaking my fist and go back to dx8 where the game has a decent frame rate.

People keep lamenting the absence of comp changes but until Valve gets a handle on the hacking issues, comp mode will probably struggle in any form. Valve really needs to revamp their player reporting tool and incentivize people for using it. The player based policing via the vote system is only a temporary solution and has its limits. It's almost a daily occurrence that I run into a hacker and I can't help but feel a bit peeved when I run into the same hacker months apart. The only time comp was good was when it was in a semi-closed beta.

Yeah you can apply festivizers to stock, strange and Australium weapons now so the price is going to be pretty high on them for some time.

Hacking is a pretty major issue but I believe the VAC team is separate from the TF2 team and there isn't much the TF2 team can do about it. There are a couple of minor things I can think of, for example I would love to see TF2 get a system like CSGO's Overwatch system. I would also love to see a system where it's easier to kick potential hackers from games. If an account is brand new and has no games on it besides TF2 maybe require 1 fewer vote to kick for hacking. If it's from an IP or has hardware addresses/ids that's previously been banned for hacking than it needs 1 fewer vote for hacking (these things aren't perfect since they sometimes can be changed). If an account has gotten kicked or reported for hacking multiple times require fewer votes to kick them for hacking, maybe to the point where it only requires one other yes vote if the account has enough previous kicks/reports. This system wouldn't really help with comp but hopefully it would be enough to discourage some hackers from playing TF2.

Uriah

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the new Pyro weapons, especially the flame thrower. They finally made the pyro fun.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the new Pyro weapons, especially the flame thrower. They finally made the pyro fun.

My thoughts:

The Dragon Fury: Top tier weapon design, ton of fun. Feels like it's designed to let you use your rocket launcher skills with pyro which is great.
The Thermal Thruster: Well designed and fun. Feels like it could use a little bit off a buff, the weapon switch speed is pretty slow even with the Degreaser.
The Gas Passer: Not great. The charge up time is long and doesn't feel like it synergies very well with any pryo primary weapons. I would much rather use any other pyro secondary. Maybe give it the additional attribute of mini-crits for flame damage for anyone coated with this so it works better with the flamethrowers.
The Hot Hand: A bit of a meme weapon like the fish. I can't see myself really using it very much.

Bonus:
The Second Banana: A great sidegrade to the sandvich. Maybe a bit too good (maybe it could use a few seconds longer recharge time) but I like it a lot.

I was a bit disappointed that the Power Jack wasn't nerfed a bit to not make it the obvious best pyro melee. The poor axtinguisher was also more or less nerfed again by the changes to the flame (not burning as long for short bursts of flame and the flames doing so much damage so quickly now). Valve really needs to buff the axtinguisher again. I was expecting a few pyro weapons would have been reworked a bit more in this update, not just the flame changes and the new weapons.

Uriah

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having an issue where my keybinds (specifically the keybinds to select weapons) aren't saved. It seems to just wipe them out when I open the Contracker. Any ideas? This game is janky (har har) as shit now.

Yeef

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Check all your configs? The class specific configs will load each time you change class, so even if something is wiping your keybinds in the menus, switching classes quickly should fix it.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Trying to get back to TF2 recently but there's like no decent servers around Asia or Oceania. Pretty much all non-empty servers are trade, mge, mvm, orange, saxton, or servers with crappy mods. I miss standard rotations, standard rules and basic mods like nocrit and nospread. There's maybe one or two servers that pop up late at night with ideal stuff. I mean I'm OK with those and I'd play them from time to time, but not all the time. I just want basic TF2 pubs.

Is this the situation for other regions too?

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Trying to get back to TF2 recently but there's like no decent servers around Asia or Oceania. Pretty much all non-empty servers are trade, mge, mvm, orange, saxton, or servers with crappy mods. I miss standard rotations, standard rules and basic mods like nocrit and nospread. There's maybe one or two servers that pop up late at night with ideal stuff. I mean I'm OK with those and I'd play them from time to time, but not all the time. I just want basic TF2 pubs.

Is this the situation for other regions too?

It's pretty much the same in the US, if you want a more vanilla experience you need to play on Valve servers. Valve servers do have damage spread turned off but have bullet spread and random crits turned on.

deft

Oct 27, 2017
Don't forget to favourite the servers you like.

Also use filter tags to quickly sort out the chaff. I have a very long blacklist.

Otherwise, consider hitting up your local TF2 competitive communities. You might not be into 6v6 but chances are they'll either run pub style pick ups, or know where you can add to them. comp.tf should point you in the right direction.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
Do Valve servers not show up in the server browser anymore? I remember seeing them before.

Yeah I always favorite the good servers but somehow they're not always there.

MGE bball used to be my jam but I'm not really into pugging/MGE/competitive anymore. Just want to mostly goof off with pubs these days.

Deleted member 24118

Oct 29, 2017
Do Valve servers not show up in the server browser anymore? I remember seeing them before.

MGE bball used to be my jam but I'm not really into pugging/MGE/competitive anymore. Just want to mostly goof off with pubs these days.

I don't think they do.

Only active community servers around me is a Freak Fortress server and a Jump Academy one. Maybe a couple of trade servers.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017

They might not show up anymore.
Valve has been moving all of their active multi-player games to the Steam Datagram Relaysystem where you no longer directly connect to a server, but to an endpoint on the Valve network and you're then routed internally to the game server. It's to prevent DDoS attacks (since you can only DDoS the end point, not the server) and it might help slightly decrease ping times to servers.
I believe it's one of the reasons they switched over to matchmaking from the old quickplay system (the other being easier server management, all Valve TF2 servers can now run all maps and game modes including the 32 player slot MVM, when they had to run map rotations and separate MVM servers before). Once the Steam Datagram Relay system is fully implemented I doubt the TF2 server browser will be able to see Valve servers since they wont be directly connected to the Internet anymore.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Felt like playing TF2 again for the first time in a few months and it took me a while to realize why my Dead Ringer was taking so long to recharge.

What the HELL did they do to the DR? Ok, I know what they did, but like, why? They've nerfed the DR a few times before in the past, but removing the ability to restore the cloak with metal completely kills the thing for me. I've always used it as a tool to let me play the aggressive spy, harassing the enemy team, then feigning, then getting a recharge and going back to harassment as quickly as possible and so on and so on. It was a fun way to mindgame smarter players and get them to make mistakes or waste their time on you, but without the ability to speed up your recharge this kind of playstyle is no longer possible. They've removed what made it unique IMO.

Half of all my time in TF2 is on Spy, so having one of the main playstyles I like to use essentially removed from the game is honestly pretty frustrating. It's not the only invis watch I use, I also used the C&D a lot, but that has a much slower, more methodical playstyle. It's not really a replacement.

There've been a few spy nerfs before that I thought were unnecessary, but in the end they weren't that big a deal. This is the first one where I think they went too far. Even if it's more balanced now it's no longer enjoyable to use.

/rant

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Felt like playing TF2 again for the first time in a few months and it took me a while to realize why my Dead Ringer was taking so long to recharge.

What the HELL did they do to the DR? Ok, I know what they did, but like, why? They've nerfed the DR a few times before in the past, but removing the ability to restore the cloak with metal completely kills the thing for me. I've always used it as a tool to let me play the aggressive spy, harassing the enemy team, then feigning, then getting a recharge and going back to harassment as quickly as possible and so on and so on. It was a fun way to mindgame smarter players and get them to make mistakes or waste their time on you, but without the ability to speed up your recharge this kind of playstyle is no longer possible. They've removed what made it unique IMO.

Half of all my time in TF2 is on Spy, so having one of the main playstyles I like to use essentially removed from the game is honestly pretty frustrating. It's not the only invis watch I use, I also used the C&D a lot, but that has a much slower, more methodical playstyle. It's not really a replacement.

There've been a few spy nerfs before that I thought were unnecessary, but in the end they weren't that big a deal. This is the first one where I think they went too far. Even if it's more balanced now it's no longer enjoyable to use.

/rant

Valve did talk about why they changed the Dead Ringer in the balance change blog post they did:
  • Feign death is an interesting effect, but a good Spy can use it extremely frequently making it frustrating to play against and reducing the risk of using it nearly constantly
  • Goal: Rather than make it less interesting, let's make it more predictable to fight against by removing methods by which Spies can reduce its cool-down. This should create more of a rhythm to fighting against a Spy using this and introduce a little more risk to player using it.

Honestly I don't disagree with them, it was incredibly easy to refill the DR's charge almost right away with ammo packs around the map. Now I do think they probably nerfed it too much and it could use a little bit of a buff. First off I don't think the cloak needs to automatically take half of your cloak meter when activated. That seems like it was a mechanic designed to increase the time/metal it took to recharge the ringer and now that metal no longer recharges it I think activating it should probably just drain the cloak meter normally. I wouldn't really mind seeing something like getting a backstab restores a small amount of cloak meter either (something small, say around 10%).

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Valve did talk about why they changed the Dead Ringer in the balance change blog post they did:

Honestly I don't disagree with them, it was incredibly easy to refill the DR's charge almost right away with ammo packs around the map. Now I do think they probably nerfed it too much and it could use a little bit of a buff. First off I don't think the cloak needs to automatically take half of your cloak meter when activated. That seems like it was a mechanic designed to increase the time/metal it took to recharge the ringer and now that metal no longer recharges it I think activating it should probably just drain the cloak meter normally. I wouldn't really mind seeing something like getting a backstab restores a small amount of cloak meter either (something small, say around 10%).

That's...unfortunate. The point is that it was frustrating and unpredictable. I'd say when using the DR my goal is often specifically to frustrate other players, that's part of what makes it fun to use. People get frustrated, they get confused, they get paranoid, and then they get thrown off their game. Maybe that's not what Valve intended, but I know I'm not the only person who loves the DR because it is a great tool for frustrating people. If that's their logic behind the change I don't think they'll ever revert it to a state which I'll be happy with.

On the bright side, I wasn't aware of that YER change either. It's the least used knife? I had no idea, it's my most used knife after the stock. Used to synergize very well with the DR; it was hard to get that first disguise but once you do it made the DR that much more powerful. Still gonna be pretty great with the C&D now I suppose.

The Engie lost the moment he took the Spy's bait lmao.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
That's...unfortunate. The point is that it was frustrating and unpredictable. I'd say when using the DR my goal is often specifically to frustrate other players, that's part of what makes it fun to use. People get frustrated, they get confused, they get paranoid, and then they get thrown off their game. Maybe that's not what Valve intended, but I know I'm not the only person who loves the DR because it is a great tool for frustrating people. If that's their logic behind the change I don't think they'll ever revert it to a state which I'll be happy with.

On the bright side, I wasn't aware of that YER change either. It's the least used knife? I had no idea, it's my most used knife after the stock. Used to synergize very well with the DR; it was hard to get that first disguise but once you do it made the DR that much more powerful. Still gonna be pretty great with the C&D now I suppose.

If you're good at spy getting a backstab without a disguise isn't that hard, but most players aren't good spies so it's not surprising to me it's the least used knife. Valve didn't nerf it quite as badly as they were thinking about in that blog post (the actual Jungle Inferno patch notes are an image for some reason) but they only gave it a 33% increased cloak drain rate instead of 50%

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Invitational Group Stage for Rewind II LAN is about to start:

https://www.twitch.tv/esportsarena

froyotech, se7en, Ascent, and SVIFT.NA are the 4 invited teams. Should be some good matches!

Viewer's guide here: http://www.teamfortress.tv/46203/rewind-ii-viewers-guide

Also super excited for the premiere of Ready Up (competitive TF2 documentary that's been in the works for a while...) on Sunday. :3

Yeah I'm really looking forward to seeing Ready Up.
I've only watch a little bit of the LAN so far but the third person camera work is really nice.

ExMachina

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Ascent vs Froyo on right now! Plus Ma3la and Cornpop are such a good casting duo.

Yeah I'm really looking forward to seeing Ready Up.
I've only watch a little bit of the LAN so far but the third person camera work is really nice.
Yup, production has been amazing - the spectators and casters are on point. Especially love the overhead angle on midfights.

Deleted member 24118

Oct 29, 2017
Speaking of comp TF2, anyone who missed the excellent Ready Up documentary about comp TF2 can watch it here.
I think my favorite part is the 15 minutes where everyone shits on Valve for their lack of comp support aside from B4nny who you can tell is doing his best not to say anything too negative since he doesn't want to jeopardize his relationship with the TF2 team.

It's really disappointment how Valve treated the comp scene. Rip.

OP
OP
CommodoreKong

CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
I always thought they were still working on making comp better?

According to an Interview with one of the lead TF2 devs early last year Jungle Inferno was supposed to have a comp overhaul with stuff like elo ratings and placement matches but that obviously didn't happen since apparently it wasn't in a state they were happy with. Someone watching B4nny's stream said that he recently said that he got an email from Valve about future comp changes so apparently they're still working on it, my guess is we'll see Valve's comp rework in a major update they release this year.
In the documentary they were mostly talking about how Valve has provided 0 support for the comp scene and everything had to be organized by the community. I believe they did talk about the disappointment with comp matchmaking a little bit though.