• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Possible. They are on their final season of content for DOA5.

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
Team Ninja and BigE events seem to have quite a bit of pull, but I really don't expect a DOA6 announcement there.

Probably a new character first.

If it does happen tho please let Mila returb

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Or maybe they are the ones helping with Smash 5 after team Soul ..... they will use their boob physics skills to animate kirby to perfection

Imran

Oct 24, 2017
They did say DOA5 DLC has been wrapped up, so I imagine there is some urgency to get that train rolling again on a new game.

Azuardo

Oct 25, 2017
They teased NEC18 as something to not miss, and that's now turning into what we all expected - a DOA6 announcement.

With other fighters getting big reveals and trailers lately, I'm expecting a trailer for 6 at least.

DOA5 DLC is done, so no more costumes/characters there. They already said they are moving on from 5.

We're also discussing it in the DOA5 OT.

Celcius

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely ready for the next one. I have DOA5 LR on ps3 so missed out on some of the extras like 2 characters, an extra stage, etc...

dbcyber

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Just be as good as DOA3 which is still the best in the franchise with suped up DOA5 character designs and you can take my money.

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
Maria Rose and Honoka VR dating sim.

Announcing a new game at a tournament seems kinda weird, but would be cool.

TRUE ORDER

Oct 30, 2017
DoA5 was a huge step up for the franchise (not so much on the new characters, yeah, I'm talking about you Honoka) imo.

Now that the DLC is finished, we need 6's announcement

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'd love to see what time ninja can do with a proper next gen DOA. I hope they get back into their groove of really pushing graphics tech like they did in their DC/xbox days.

all this honk hate makes me sad

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'd love to see what time ninja can do with a proper next gen DOA. I hope they get back into their groove of really pushing graphics tech like they did in their DC/xbox days.

all this honk hate makes me sad

I thought DoA5 was a pretty big step up from DoA4, at least from a character standpoint

6xvek3psa5.jpg

Khezu

Oct 25, 2017
For real though, DOA5 was a lot better then I thought it would be.
It was real fun for what little I got to play of it, just hope they vastly improve the netcode for 6.

Also curious to see if it comes to the PC.
I remember TN warning the PC player base not to do what it was of course gonna do, and man did they do it.

Dullahan

Always bets on black
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Day One if it's DOA6. I just hope they release the next Beach Volleyball over here.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend was ace at DoA, but 5 turned her off the series. Simplified combos, and she personally didn't like the change in art direction. Excited to see where 6 is going - I'd love to see her get into the series again.

Big Tent Expat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I love SoulCalibur but Team Ninja bout to come through and steal SC6's shine when they debut DOA6 and its graphics are impeccable.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they won't do some half-assed inbetween thing for the PC version.

And I'll give Team Ninja an extra $20 for a Tekken Force inspired beat em up mode.

Indelible

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
DOA5 was a great fighter, hopefully they include Virtua Fighter characters again in DOA6 since Sega will never make another VF.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer Ninja Gaiden 4, but it seems about time for DOA6.

Last edited:

Dylan

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone else think DOA is kind of obsolete in 2018? Keep the fighting system but lose the misogyny.

"It's Japan" is no longer a valid excuse imo.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
Oh shoot this thread reminds me that I need to purchase Naotora Li for Dead or Alive 5 while she's on sale. Then I'll finally have all the characters.

gnilres

Oct 28, 2017
Fighting games are back, baby. Excited for this and Soul Calibur VI.

How's Tekken 7 right now??

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Just be as good as DOA3 which is still the best in the franchise with suped up DOA5 character designs and you can take my money.

I always thought DOA3 was probably one of the weaker DOA games. Ayane's dad was just a horrible final boss. And the lack of content was just a shame. Stages were ok but the combo system was super simplified, which i'm glad they somewhat reversed course on

MadeMan

Dec 3, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Wouldn't surprise me. I prefer VF as a fighter, but more fighting games is a good thing. DoA is a game I like to have a go at when it's at a tournament.

I'd personally love to see some refinement to the hold system in a sequel. I think it has potential but find out kind of complicated and unintuitive rather than elegant.

Potential for a fantastic game to come out of a sequel!

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone else think DOA is kind of obsolete in 2018? Keep the fighting system but lose the misogyny.

"It's Japan" is no longer a valid excuse imo.
As long as sex sells, it won't be obsolete, especially since female characters are relatively clothed in their defaults. It's the unlockables and DLC that things get really ridiculous, and as long as they remain optional purchases and not the default, there's not going to be much backlash.

I do think they should reframe the sexiness angles, though.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
I want it to be DOA6 so I can endlessly make comparisons between the graphics of DO6, T7 and SC6 to get people riled up and annoyed.