• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
Now that the final Smash Direct has deconfirmed the Grinch leak, how are you feeling? How do you feel about the fake? Will the faker ever come out and show themselves? Is this the biggest smash fake, even bigger than Rayman?

Noppie

Oct 27, 2017
As a Team Fake Representative, I can confirm this victory is bittersweet.

Becks'

Dec 7, 2017
Canada
We shouldn't trust any Smash leaks that have more than 2 lines of text. And by looking at the responses in the Direct thread, Nintendo is the company that shouldn't experiment and that they should only listen to their fans.

I liked everything they shown though.

Porygon

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Mexicali
I was team real, made an avatar bet but I don't recall who was adding people to the team and neither know what I must do now that I lost

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Feels great, Grinch in Smash made it so obvious it was fake. I mean, why on earth would the Grinch be in Smash? It makes zero sense, and would be the most random character ever.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Not really happy.

I don't care about the fake anymore to be honest.

I'm to disappointed with the newcomers and deconfirmations.

JoeInky

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like it's a nobody wins situation.

Teamfake was right, but in being right we got the least interesting newcomers in a Smash U direct so far.

Pirahna plant was the most interesting addition to the cast but that isn't part of the base roster anyway so that doesn't really count.

JakeNoseIt

Catch My Drift
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I'm feeling GOOD!

I enjoyed the direct this morning, but honestly, my biggest disappointment had nothing to do with the Grinch.
rip spring man

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
I was Team Real. Not mad cause i got the only Pokemon i would've accepted since i'm a wrestling nerd. We still have a lot oof new characters, new echos... I understand some saltyness with no Geno, Chorus Kids, Banjo or Hans/Isaac, but dudes we still have a new smash with every character returning (Hi Snake and Pichu, Missed you a lot) and new content like it was a new game.

CHill out, and some of them can actually come as DLC.

Also, Piranha Plant is dope.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
Team fake and I feel great.

Kirby's god tier status was just confirmed. We should all be dancing in the streets in celebration.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
I like Incineroar. I didn't like any of the Grinch characters. Nothing but positives for me (comparatively-speaking).

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
I avoided looking at the leak in hopes of not spoiling future character reveals for myself. Turns out my willpower was for naught.

But I would've been crazy disappointed if I was expecting Banjo Kazooie, so I guess I saved myself that pain.

Jan 11, 2018
Always be team fake.

No matter how real a leak looks, always be team fake. That's how you are never disappointed, even if it's real.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
I lost, either way. I thought the leak was weak and what we got was even weaker (talking about the characters). The Piranha is funny and out there, but that'll wear off after a while. But, there's a shimmer in the distance - the DLC fighters.

dom

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
9Tq9trj.gif

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
As a Team Fake guy, I feel validated

Imagine if losers such as Banjo and Geno made it in?

But seriously, even though I hate almost every rare character and don't care for Geno I do feel sorry for the people who were let down

Mario_Bones

Oct 31, 2017
Australia
I was Team Fake then Team Real then Team What Is Going On when insiders started speaking out and then Team Fake for good when Emily shut it down

I went into the direct expecting just a few characters, and probably ones I wasn't interested in because my realistic wishes were already in the game. But I wasn't expecting Box Theory to be true. What a depressing end to the hype cycle. The roster's still great but that was a super sour note to end it on and the lack of surprise WTF picks is a bummer

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was #TeamNeutral. Sad about no Mach Rider, but holy shit both Incineroar and Piranha Plant are DOPE. Ken's ok I guess. Was neutral on Banjo and Geno.

Oct 29, 2017
I didn't keep up with these leaks.

Grinch? Like, the Dr. Seuss character? If so, I genuinely hope people didn't think that was legitimate lmao

bricewgilbert

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
WA, USA
Would have been a pretty perfect roster so in that sense i'm disappointed. We already got some pretty crazy reveals though so overall I shouldn't be too unhappy. I am honestly more disappointed in the adventure mode, or rather what Sakurai saying implies about it. It seems like that cutscene he showed is all we get and there isn't much story at all. Don't get me wrong Subspace was garbage, but there exists a crossover story you could do that would be a lot of fun with all these characters, and I was hoping they would make an attempt at that, but it really does seem like Sakurai finds the time devoted to the CG cutscenes to be a waste since they get on Youtube etc. I don't even think CG cutscenes would be needed. I don't need some deep story either. I'm looking for something clever to be done with these entirely separate universes. Like imagine if the crew that writes the Paper Mario games got a hold of something like this. I feel like there could be something inventive there. Instead of how bland Smash ends up being.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
I was TeamUnsure most of the time, and I feel like shit because that's what the final newcomer they revealed is.

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
As long as there are Smash games, people will never learn not to trust "leaks."

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was on TeamFake since the beginning (I always thought keeping like 5 newcomers for the final direct while having nothing in October didn't make a lick of sense from a marketing perspective, and I was absolutely right with that). Was even the first one to hop onto the avatar bet on the side of TeamFake. I feel pretty content with my victory. Seeing all these grinch avatars around is funny.
I never cared about any of the characters in the Grinch leak so that turning out to be bogus is not a big loss to me.

DecoReturns

Oct 27, 2017
Called the leak fake since day one.

It had way too many characters and too blurry to make anything out. I expected only 3 at most to be revealed in this Direct, which ended up being the case.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
I was Team Fake but y'all got me convinced it was "too good" and too well-sourced to be a fabrication.

I'm not mad that the roster ends with Ken and Incineroar, because it was huge already. But hot damn, props to the guy who put all that together. Because this has gotta be the most professional, legit-looking leak of all time. Like, he really worked with Bamco. And you could barely even see the image in the Snap. It really looked like something real that just shouldn't have been there.

Oct 28, 2017
I was team neutral leaning fake and... yeah, I'm glad I didn't get my hopes up. That said, I lost my goddamn mind laughing at Piranha Plant. What a hilarious and inspired addition. It almost alone made up for everything, lmao.

Deleted member 46641

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 12, 2018
I went back and forth between whether it was real or fake. I leaned fake, and then I saw Pirahna Plant leaked footage and I definitely knew.

The Grinch roster would've been way better than what we got, but eh this roster's still good. It's still got Ridley and K. Rool and Belmonts.

HeartofWinds

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it would have been nice to have all those characters. I especially wanted the Chorus Kids, but I really love the inclusion of Piranha Plant. Smash needs more wacky inclusions.

Owl

Oct 25, 2017
California
As a stern Team Fake all along, I still am very surprised that so many people fell for such an unbelievably highly wanted roster. That alone should have been enough to tell you it was fake.

Though I personally love Ken and Incineroar. And Piranha Plant is just hilarious.

Still waiting for Bandanna Waddle Dee as DLC though.

Status
Not open for further replies.