• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you getting TSR?

• Yes, at launch.

Votes: 185 22.6%
  • Yes, later down the line.

Votes: 283 34.6%
  • Nope, no interest in the game.

Votes: 349 42.7%

• Total voters

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if I heard it correctly but this game's supposed to have huge amount of music tracks?

It's gonna really win me over if true.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
I don't know if I heard it correctly but this game's supposed to have huge amount of music tracks?

It's gonna really win me over if true.

130 tracks is the number we've been given. 4 tracks per course: intro theme, normal theme, last lap theme and I forgot what the last one is. Also a bunch of other tracks for story mode and stuff.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
It's from previously posted video:

In All Stars 1 it was just a button, in Transformed it was the stick.

I'd prefer a button, my weak ass disabled fingers don't take stick waggling too good.
My apologies. I guess my memory isn't great. I thought the two games controlled exactly the same for some reason. Hopefully they'll have both options available so you can enjoy the game.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
130 tracks is the number we've been given. 4 tracks per course: intro theme, normal theme, last lap theme and I forgot what the last one is. Also a bunch of other tracks for story mode and stuff.

qCFpz9r.png

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My apologies. I guess my memory isn't great. I thought the two games controlled exactly the same for some reason. Hopefully they'll have both options available so you can enjoy the game.
No problem.

Probably it wont. All star 1 had a lot more control options than transformed where they cut all of them bar 2. Totally minimalistic game option wise.
Maybe Sumo will notice that more option = better.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

From what I can tell watching that stream on the Sonic Youtube, it was victory theme for the course

Oct 29, 2017
UK
I'm gonna get it because it looks good. Also it is running at 60fps (I think) so that's already a plus.

God I'm so bummed about Crash Team Racing.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
The Oculus Quest releases that day so I'm out for launch but I'll be picking it up likely a week or two after. Going digital solely because that box art is atrocious and I refuse to look at it.

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The Oculus Quest releases that day so I'm out for launch but I'll be picking it up likely a week or two after. Going digital solely because that box art is atrocious and I refuse to look at it.
The game icon is pretty similar to the cover except Sonic is looking directly at you though. At least that's assuming the Switch icon will be the same for the other consoles.

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

The problem is that the first ASR just had you press a button to do a little animation in the air, but Transformed and TSR require you to flick the stick because your vehicle physically moves and flips in the direction you flicked. So unless there are four otherwise unused buttons, some crucial functionality would be lost by remapping.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TJmPiSL.gif

Tails's car looks badass.

Btw. Does anyone know if tricks are done with a button or right stick in this?
That's a customized car ! People have been saying it controls like transformed so i assume it's still the right stick. That gif looks amazing. May I ask where that footage comes from ?
This timestamped video should have you both covered. Caddarius says you use the right analog stick to do tricks. And you can see more footage of Tails' car in this. Really looks awesome.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Do we have confirmation on any of frame rates for this game? PC was the only one with 60fps last time around right? I'm curious if it's going to be 60fps on PC/pro/X only this time around. I really hope they manage to get it running st 60fps for Switch but not really expecting it to happen.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Do we have confirmation on any of frame rates for this game? PC was the only one with 60fps last time around right? I'm curious if it's going to be 60fps on PC/pro/X only this time around. I really hope they manage to get it running st 60fps for Switch but not really expecting it to happen.
60fps on everything.

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018

Confirmation of 60 fps on everything except switch. We're still in mystery for that one.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't expect the Switch version to hit 60fps. And if it gets there it'll be with severe downgrades in the gfx department.

Deleted member 5127

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I'm so confused, I thought this was gonna have something like the My Music stuff in Smash, otherwise how is it gonna hit 130 with 20ish courses.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I'm so confused, I thought this was gonna have something like the My Music stuff in Smash, otherwise how is it gonna hit 130 with 20ish courses.
I hear that intros to the course count as one, the main theme of the course counts too, and final lap counts as another. Idk what the fourth is, but I doubt there will be a my music situation.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
RIP on Switch I guess. You either sacrifice fps or get below native res.
I don't think they'll have much trouble getting this at 60fps and still a good resolution; --The game isn't a step beyond S&ASRT in terms of visuals nor have the same complexity in tracks (which had transitions between laps to get you in the flying sections and what-not), and certainly with Switch being a bit more powerful than the Wii U, I think they can pull off if they want to.

Honestly, if they aren't adressing Switch specific details, I'm assuming they'll get everything on par; unlike Sonic Forces, they said from the get-go that the game would run at 30fps vs. 60fps on other systems and PC.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think they'll have much trouble getting this at 60fps and still a good resolution; --The game isn't a step beyond S&ASRT in terms of visuals nor have the same complexity in tracks (which had transitions between laps to get you in the flying sections and what-not), and certainly with Switch being a bit more powerful than the Wii U, I think they can pull off if they want to.

Honestly, if they aren't adressing Switch specific details, I'm assuming they'll get everything on par; unlike Sonic Forces, they said from the get-go that the game would run at 30fps vs. 60fps on other systems and PC.
I hope you're right. I'd love to see this in 60fps, even on Switch. I do think it looks really cool though. It might be more because of the style and vibrant colors than poly count or super textures I guess.

May 5, 2018
That's a fairly early and confident review embargo if that's true. The best thing I can say about Team Sonic Racing reviews coming soon is that its even sooner for Giant Bomb's Vinny Caravella to lay down what he thinks of it. For those who aren't GB followers, Vinny has grown to become a major fan of Sonic ASRT and firmly believes its the best kart racer out there. He's also cautiously optimistic for TSR knowing its another Sumo racer even if its fairly different to Transformed.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm having some financial troubles, so instead of getting both like I wanted to, I'll be making getting the CTR remake my priority first. I will definitely get this game as well though somewhere down the line as I've enjoyed Sonic's last two racing outings very much.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
I hear that intros to the course count as one, the main theme of the course counts too, and final lap counts as another. Idk what the fourth is, but I doubt there will be a my music situation.

I figure the fourth would be the character themes for their special abilities/boost mode/whatever, I think they confirmed that was a thing. Hoping those are remixes this time around since they'd be pretty deep pulls (will we get a Chao Garden remix for those guys?)

BlueStarEXSF

Dec 3, 2018
I have a copy for a written review. Not saying anything else about TSR until Friday.

edit: also dm me if anyone else has a PS4 copy and wants to try to play a tiny online session.

Oh alright ! Thank you for letting us know then ! I hope you enjoy the game !

Edit: That's actually a really early embargo. I'm surprised. They must be pretty confident.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
I'm a big fan of Sumo's previous Sonic racing game but TSR doesn't look like something I'll get immediately, I'll definitely grab it when it's on sale.

Not to say the game looks bad, it just doesn't seem like much of an evolution from Transformed.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm a big fan of Sumo's previous Sonic racing game but TSR doesn't look like something I'll get immediately, I'll definitely grab it when it's on sale.

Not to say the game looks bad, it just doesn't seem like much of an evolution from Transformed.

Yeah, this is my feeling on Team Sonic Racing. I'll gladly keep an eye on impressions and reviews and maybe gauge it as a later-down-the-road pickup, but the loss of transforming vehicles and the reduction to a Sonic-only roster to me feels like a bit of a step back. And I'm not too keen on team-based racing games.

Soupbones

Oct 26, 2017
Day 1 for me - though I wish it was another All Star cast, I'm still in 100% for any SEGA racer.