• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you getting TSR?

• Yes, at launch.

Votes: 185 22.6%
  • Yes, later down the line.

Votes: 283 34.6%
  • Nope, no interest in the game.

Votes: 349 42.7%

• Total voters

Shpeshal Nick

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
EB Australia have a deal where you trade in 2 Xbox/PS4/Switch games and get Team Sonic Racing for $19AU. I don't normally buy discs but at $19 I can always buy digital on deep sale later and sell the disc.

nikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Just played through the first chapter on PS4 Pro. It's fun and easy to get into. The team mechanics are pretty cool, though there are also non team modes. Nobody was online the few times I checked but there are casual and ranked modes.

Seems to run at 1080p, even on Pro, but it still looks good. Didn't think about it during gameplay, to be honest. Pretty sure I noticed some frames dropping, but nothing major.

I'm pretty tired, so I'll have better impressions and probably some videos or a stream tomorrow. Also will try split screen to see how it performs. So far, I don't regret going with the PS4 version over PC, though I'm going to be tempted to pick that up as well if it supports ultrawide.

Dec 23, 2017
Watched some gameplay footage on YouTube. I think they should make shorter tighter courses. The courses are so long the gameplay just doesn't seem fun to me. Hope for sega this does well.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Still deciding on if I want the PS4 or Switch version, but I guess it depends on the Switch version's potential issues (hopefully there aren't any crashing issues like I feel a lot of third party Switch games have--at least more than I would like). I'm really interested in a local multiplayer game, and it's easier to play on Switch in local multiplayer than PS4 to me. Regardless, I can't wait to purchase the game's soundtrack when it's available on iTunes shortly after launch.

Oct 25, 2017
Just played through the first chapter on PS4 Pro. It's fun and easy to get into. The team mechanics are pretty cool, though there are also non team modes. Nobody was online the few times I checked but there are casual and ranked modes.

Seems to run at 1080p, even on Pro, but it still looks good. Didn't think about it during gameplay, to be honest. Pretty sure I noticed some frames dropping, but nothing major.

I'm pretty tired, so I'll have better impressions and probably some videos or a stream tomorrow. Also will try split screen to see how it performs. So far, I don't regret going with the PS4 version over PC, though I'm going to be tempted to pick that up as well if it supports ultrawide.
What was the framerate?

Ghostavus

Nov 16, 2017
Dumb question likely, but does this have a traditional racing mode you can play through and enjoy the game?

My wife enjoys playing kart racers, but I'm not sure the team thing is something she would be interested in.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dumb question likely, but does this have a traditional racing mode you can play through and enjoy the game?

My wife enjoys playing kart racers, but I'm not sure the team thing is something she would be interested in.
Yeah you can play without teams.

First(?) Review is up. They Liked it a lot

Jahranimo

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
So far the reviews are positive to mixed, with mixed being moreso about scope and roster compared to Transformed.

Deleted member 34949

Account closed at user request
Banned
Nov 30, 2017
Got the Switch version yesterday and played about two or so hours. Haven't done some of the later tracks, but performace seems surprisingly stable. Again, I've only raced in about half the tracks, but as far as framerate goes, it actually seems a little better than Transformed was on consoles.

Getting the boost at the start of the race is more or less identical to Transformed as well.

I will say that I'm having fun with the game, even with the team mechanic, but so much of the game's aesthetic (even down to the UI) reminds me of Transformed, and I still kinda wish we got a follow-up to that instead.

Oct 28, 2017
Have they said anywhere if sideways joy cons are supported on the Switch version? I would figure they are, but I want to be sure before I consider purchasing this.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
I found out yesterday that this is $40. I was ready to pay $60, so thats a nice surprise :) I will get it next week.