• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Been busy playing other things so I haven't really grinded this set yet but I just hit Platinum. This set has started off significantly better than set 7 did but that's a low bar. There's still some issues though. This is as extreme of a reroll meta as I can remember since I started playing (set 4). There's been metas with strong reroll comps but basically every single one is super strong now. I won 2 games today, once with Lux reroll and once with Lulu. I think this problem is partly because a lot of 5 costs are not that good right now. Mordekaiser and Aphelios are underwhelming and Leona is incredibly inconsistent. Maybe once reroll comps get nerfed they'll be in a better spot.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Figured it'd be worth a mention, if you haven't already completed the Fiddlesticks mission challenge thing to kill 3 enemies with only him alive the new Lunar Gala mode is far and away the easiest way to complete it by getting him off the first carousel.

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
Set 10 is by far the best set since 6 and the Vegas Open was the best tournament they've put on from a viewership point of view ever. Insane final lobby. Anyone back into things? I hope I have time to really play this set. I've barely made it to Master and more or less stopped because I didn't have time to do more or didn't want to. This time I want to again. Haven't been GM since 6.5.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Set 10 is by far the best set since 6 and the Vegas Open was the best tournament they've put on from a viewership point of view ever. Insane final lobby. Anyone back into things? I hope I have time to really play this set. I've barely made it to Master and more or less stopped because I didn't have time to do more or didn't want to. This time I want to again. Haven't been GM since 6.5.
I've been loving the new set yeah. Just so many options every game!

Cipherr

Oct 26, 2017
How is this game now? I haven't played it in forever. I liked the core game, but quit because I never played LoL, and I couldnt catch on fast enough. The little rounds where you had a circle of items to choose from annoyed me as a newbie because there was no mouseover to let me know what those items did. So I was stuck guessing. The UI felt so incredibly incomplete.

Bisonian

Oct 27, 2017
How is this game now? I haven't played it in forever. I liked the core game, but quit because I never played LoL, and I couldnt catch on fast enough. The little rounds where you had a circle of items to choose from annoyed me as a newbie because there was no mouseover to let me know what those items did. So I was stuck guessing. The UI felt so incredibly incomplete.

I can only really speak to what you mentioned here as I've enjoyed the game pretty consistently. I think it's in as good a place as it's ever been. Addressing specifically your comments though:

• The first carousel free-for-all at the beginning of the game is gone. It's replaced with a voting system to put a modifier on the game. Then you get a random unit and item.
  • Carousels where two people are released at a time still exist. There is an icon above each unit you can click on to see their character cards and all the information you'd get if you clicked on a unit. It's not perfect or even good as a concept, but it's better.
  • The UI has been overhauled with a new panel on the right side which describes information quickly such as what the unit is supposed to do (ie- magic tank, attack carry), where it should go (front or backline), and 8 example items that it would want (example: Here's some tanky items you could build for the Magic tank). I don't think the UI will ever be perfect because the game is built on top of another engine, but you may find it much better than it used to be.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017

Easily. I've even not wanted any major balance patches other than touching jazz and superfan. It's easily the most balanced/best set IMO.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Actually have not touched set 10 at all. Too many things were releasing around the same time I wanted to play and TFT is not a game I can play casually. Still following it really closely though. I think when they release the second battle pass is when I'll play and go for Masters again.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Figured I'd bump since set 11 has been out for over a week. Barely touched set 10 but I am going hard again with set 11. Currently emerald 3 right now. Don't love the current meta because how weak a lot of 4 costs are but that should change next patch. My luck rerolling generally sucks and I pick dumb spots to attempt fast 9 too often. Fated is by far the comp I've done the best with but I don't actually play the standard Aphelios reroll too often. I've somehow done really well with Kindred reroll and focus more on Syndra items as they're easier to get on carousel.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I loved set 10, but I'll admit, the meta was pretty stale; mostly just playing that one for the music, lol. Set 11 seems absolutely aces so far, really enjoying all the different options. Almost got a Mr. 100 with Snipers backline, Ghostly frontline. Still ended up with 1st!

Last edited:

Firestorm

Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver, BC
I liked Set 10 enough but wasn't really a fan of "Go 8 with 30 gold at 4-2 and stabilize to go 9"…

I've only got about 5 games so far of Set 11 and I love the theming. Still don't know all the units and some of the origins look similar which throws me off. Hoping to get a chance to really bite into it soon but between work, Pokémon tournaments, Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, and life, time is limited x.x It was so much easier to TFT when I started during the pandemic…