• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Poodlestrike
7-10PM EST Mon, Tue, Wed; whenever on Sunday
(this is the reason I wanted to answer): Nasus, Brawler/Shuriman (new), 2 Star/Q if stacks persist between rounds, otherwise 3 star/R.

Last edited:

Deleted member 20892

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Ok, if people are interested, please post the following (new registrations don't count! sorry!)

Server (I'll play on NA, but if there's enough EU/BR/LAN/LAS people to fill a full custom I'll sponsor a small prize for that one too)
Summoner Name (i'm "caylen")
Three Best Times for Availability In Evening (mine is 7pm-10pm PST Mon, Tues, Wed)
Which League of Legends Champ do you think should be in TFT next, including star, origin, class and champ ability (I think Bard, Sorcerer/Exile, 3 star, the Q)

Once we have a/some groups of 8, I'll personally sponsor the first 3 custom scrims I identify (read: I can spectate and verify it happened), with 1820 RP going to first place in each!
NA
Klois
7pm-10pm pst Mon-Wed
Kaisa 4* Void/Ranger either her passive or q as her ability

edit: I'd make her 5* instead
just pls add kaisa

Last edited:

Mobyduck

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
Ok, if people are interested, please post the following (new registrations don't count! sorry!)

Server (I'll play on NA, but if there's enough EU/BR/LAN/LAS people to fill a full custom I'll sponsor a small prize for that one too)
Three Best Times for Availability In Evening (mine is 7pm-10pm PST Mon, Tues, Wed)
Which League of Legends Champ do you think should be in TFT next, including star, origin, class and champ ability (I think Bard, Sorcerer/Exile, 3 star, the Q)

Once we have a/some groups of 8, I'll personally sponsor the first 3 custom scrims I identify (read: I can spectate and verify it happened), with 1820 RP going to first place in each!
Sure, why not.

Server: NA/BR
Summoner Name: SouthernBirb (NA), Belato (BR)
Best time slots: Mon-Sun; 5pm-8pm
Which League of Legends Champ do you think should be in TFT next: Dunno, I don't play League that much, haha.

caylen

Publisher - Riot Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
santa monica
Glacial Elemental is super good

It absolutely is, but I think forcing it (even if your economy is health allows for it) is a great way to compromise for 3rd/4th/5th than landing a win. Glacial's interesting because you can reliably start into it from scratch as late as round 3 & it can kinda support 2 players - but you really need items on the Ashe/Liss or a secondary plan (like Glacial/Elemental or Glacial/Phantom or Glacial/Ranger) to make it endure to a win.

Today in the three games I've played, I've had "success" in playing whatever in a hybrid econ build (I strive for 10g going into second carousel, level on 2-1, 3-1 and 4-2) moving into Yordle, but while I've nabbed 2nd/4th/2nd in them, it's finding the second combination to get the dps rocking to make it happen. People are getting wise on picking up Aurelion or Kindred before 3rd carousel at my MMR and it's fucking up my final round strategy really hard.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
League of Graphs has a tierlist now; just by the numbers, if you can draft Glacial/Anything, you wanna do it - Ashe and Sejuani are both first tier, as is Garen, who you probably want in Glacial anyway for the 2 knight synergy. Him or Mordekaiser if you're planning on getting all the Rangers.
sejuani is the best tank assuming you get the ability to proc at least once. then cho, i did cho and the thing that gives mana when any spell triggers and got a knock up then another knock up right as the 1st one ended

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Yorick, blue rarity, Brawler/Phantom, his gate or his e only b/c i think they wouldn't have him have enough attack speed to make Q worth it ala Morde's Q is weak compared (since it's a narrow straight line almost never hits 2 units) to Aatrox's (hits as hard and more likely to hit more than 1 unit) in TFT

OP
OP
Carthago Delenda Est
Oct 28, 2017

NA
Eurydace
Any weekday 5:30-7:30 PST (I'm central)
Annie Banannie for sure. Sorcerer/Elementalist, 4 star, Tibbers (or Q)

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
game gives no fuks what you want. it looked like it was foolding me with blademasters then it switched Nidalee's but only enough to get 8 of them not 9, tried to help me out by giving me enough for 3 star lulu but lost to 6 Ass's

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017

NA
Darkmaigle
7-10 pst any day
I don't play league soooooo Jinx? Gunslinger something?

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil

i'm too bad to win anything but who knows, lets try

Server: BR
Summoner Name: caiopsx (BR)
Best time slots: Mon-Sun:10am- 11pm
Which League of Legends Champ do you think should be in TFT next: Nocturne

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
fuck yeah! was rocking the lead for 80% of the time then it looked like i was going to lose to a guy with a 3 star Lucian he had since 3-1 with blademaster item and increased range. but my janky anti-assassins build i was doing worked against him somehow since i didn't fight him til there was just 3 ppl left. double 2 star Lulu + blitz + red buff&silence ashe and 1 kindred and i rocked him. he moved his units and i moved mine pulled his lucian at the start of the round and blew him up

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Server NA
Summoner Name Perfidity
Three Best Times for Availability In Evening Basically any evening after 5 pm PST.
Which League of Legends Champ do you think should be in TFT next, including star, origin, class and champ ability:
Zyra (2 star) Wild Elementalist, would give her the Q I think, make it a perpendicular line that you want to aim at the frontline.
I picked her with those stats because I think ikt would open up some new build options, rather than just strengthening the ones that already exist there (Wild/elementalist as a hinge unit doesn't shoehorn you as much into glacial, gives you some options early on with Zyra as your anchor etc).

Last edited:

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Server : NA
Summoner Name : marryMEjohn
Three Best Times for Availability In Evening : 7pm-10pm PST Mon, Tues, Wed

Which League of Legends Champ do you think should be in TFT next, including star, origin, class and champ ability >
Fiddle Sticks, Sorcerer/Terror (new), 3 star, Ult

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
Server: NA
Summoner Name: Chronos
Three Best Times: 7-10pm Mon, Wed, Thurs

Champ > Thresh, Phantom/Guardian, 3 Star, Q

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
Summoner Name: ANNeFRANK x GOKU
Three Best Times: Anytime evening, PST
Which League of Legends Champ do you think should be in TFT next: I haven't played League in over 5 years, but adding Twitch as maybe a wild/gunslinger with whistler village skin could be dope. Maybe with Venom Cask skill, aoe dot?

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
Summoner Name: ANNeFRANK x GOKU
Three Best Times: Anytime evening, PST
Which League of Legends Champ do you think should be in TFT next: I haven't played League in over 5 years, but adding Twitch as maybe a wild/gunslinger with whistler village skin could be dope. Maybe with Venom Cask skill, aoe dot?

omg I was totally in a game with you (I would never forget a name like that).

Summoner Name: Chrnocide
Best times: Evening PST
League Champ: Gonna be honest, TFT is the first time I've ever played a Riot game.. so.. I dunno anything about League or its other legends. Hopefully this doesn't DQ me D:

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Summoner Name: fertygo
Three Best Times: Morning, Evening to early night PST
Which League of Legends Champ do you think should be in TFT next: I Don't know any tbh because I install the client for TFT, the twins in opening scene looks cool I guess

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I sandbag hard until krugs every game. I almost always make top 4 or win.

You just have to believe in the late game.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
nid with +2 attack range hitting ppl far as fuck away while transformed + full Shapeshifter + full Brawler buffs . no one with phantom dancer or full sorc and i win with mild ease
2nd place person tried to double stack Vayne with rage blade to counter act all my tanks but naw b

You are released in pairs. 8th + 7th, 6th + 5th, 4th + 3rd, 2nd + 1st.
didn't seem like it dude in 1st had a good whole second maybe 2 before i was let go when i was in 2nd place

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
nid with +2 attack range hitting ppl far as fuck away while transformed + full Shapeshifter + full Brawler buffs . no one with phantom dancer or full sorc and i win with mild ease
2nd place person tried to double stack Vayne with rage blade to counter act all my tanks but naw b

Nidalee feels like the strongest 1-cost unit in the game to me. Every time I've made her my carry, I've finished top 2. Wild/Shapeshifter/Brawler is probably my favorite build and pretty consistent and easy to make too.

the % is bullshit
everytime i give up leveling up one champ, selling him, the game gives 2-3 cards of the same champ

Confirmation bias at work. You only remember the times selling a unit came back to haunt you.

caylen

Publisher - Riot Games
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
santa monica
Confirmation bias at work. You only remember the times selling a unit came back to haunt you.

It's a lot of this, but also when you sell champions, they go back into the shared pool, so if for example its early rounds (round 1 to the tail end of 2), you're low level (meaning your probability of seeing L1/L2 chances are at its highest), and most other players have a high density/ownership of other low level champions - your probability of re-seeing the champ you just sold is probably at its highest.

You can use this to your advantage for hedging your build options going into the midgame. realizing that your chances of having a L1/L2 silver turn into a gold is low based on other peoples owning a fair amount of that champ & low levels of competitors is a GREAT signal on when to sell off units/a path, and put that money into interest/a big XP buy, or conversely if you see a high rank player who's aggressively fishing for a lynchpin gold early on (no econ, small bench except the unit they hunt for, no gold interest pips to tank their chances of seeing the L1/L2 they want. Generally counterpicking isn't the best strat in my personal experience, but I've absolutely made the call to get out of a build solely because I saw someone was spending big early to force it - and kept the unit they were hunting for just so they'd keep rerolling for poor odds.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
nah
the randomness is killing the game for me. Its either the champions or items. Every match is always one player with everything at maximum against the rest.

YO7iPBY.png

PJPlaIo.png

I mean, you're releasing the champs into the pool so you're more likely to see them in the pool then.
Well, there is it.

Last edited:

Elliot Pudge

Oct 25, 2017
nah
the randomness is killing the game for me. Its either the champions or items. Every match is always one player with everything at maximum against the rest.

Well, there is it.

if you're aiming to get 1st every game, you're gonna be in for a bad time

when you start out-skilling people and learn to work with the randomness, you can pretty reliably score top 4 in most lobbies

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
nah

Well, there is it.
Yeah, the way it works is that there are a finite number of champs of the same type in a shared pool for all the players. So by selling your units you put them back in the pool. It's literally impossible for all players to get a T3 garen at the same time.

Dec 4, 2017
Brazil
I got Ashe with Spear of Shojin + Ranger bonus + Glacial
She became a nightmare <3
It would be perfect if I was able to build more attack spead ...
I don't know what happened in the final match but she disappeared after I got one more champ while full
If the board is completely occupied I recommend not picking up a champion from the selection screen.
if you're aiming to get 1st every game, you're gonna be in for a bad time

when you start out-skilling people and learn to work with the randomness, you can pretty reliably score top 4 in most lobbies
You are absolutely right, I was trying too hard to use the same strategy

Shen + Guardian buff + Glacial worked great. The last guy had nidale lvl 3 + really big ranged attack, she just stayed in the corner attacking wtf.
I lost 3 times in a row
When I got Anvia lvl 2 and Glacial (4) I was finally able to beat him.
It is cool realizing that no matter how powerful your enemy is if he cant hit you. Shen's ultimate works so perfectly in these moments

Last edited:

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Its a sign you stick too much from your early game then?

Those late game unit is a banger.

Yeah, most likely. I get crushed around turn 20 or so. I don't see how people can get so many 3 star units. I keep trying and end up with 0 or sometimes 1. I get most of the way there, but then never see any more to get the 3 star. Same with all units being different types, opposite of what I have out.

Here's my last game, which is how most go.

Stage 4-4, doing ok.
ARe7Qfs.png

5-2, dead
feOaqIN.png

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
^
I wish you can post the final lineup screen so we can judge properly.

You dont need 3 star unit for most of the time. Weak 3 star unit not even as good as 2 star late game unit.

3 Elemental + 4 Ninja is nice go to strat for beginner.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
^
I wish you can post the final lineup screen so we can judge properly.

You dont need 3 star unit for most of the time. Weak 3 star unit not even as good as 2 star late game unit.

3 Elemental + 4 Ninja is nice go to strat for beginner.

How often do you cycle out your starting units, even if they're 2 star? I think I am just hanging on to my early units too much

Here's my ending screen for a game I just played, you can kinda see what I had.
v2jDSwJ.jpg

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Someone should make a "when everything falls apart" video of me crying trotting out 4 demons just trying to make something work.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Had a Yordle comp that was going well (3 Shojin Lulu is silly as hell) but I never got a Gnar ;__;

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
pivoting into a new comp is probably the hardest skill to learn in this game

it's something you should decide on early-mid game. One of the easiest ways of assessing the direction you should be heading is 1) what is everyone else building - should I build to counter it (ex: rfc for yordles or magic res. for sorcs) and 2) should I go something that no one else is going (this will allow you to obtain your units easier).

I agree that it takes skill to recognize that the above strats might not be working and then depending on what you're presented with mid game (units/items) you might need to pivot. One of the ways of doing that is usually going for what's strong in the meta (draven/elementals/assassins) that will work with just about any items.