• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I am viciously hooked on this game. I didn't really pay attention to the Auto Chess mod as it was making its rounds so this genre and all of its systems hit me out of nowhere at a perfect time and this is pretty much all I've done after work for the entire week.

I'm kind of interested in trying out LoL too as I like a lot of the characters and I've got the client just sitting around. Though that might be a dark path.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Stolen from Reddit... more at the link

https://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/cfp0xx/tft_map_concepts/

94pfr8mj3ib31.jpg

qflx4xlj3ib31.jpg

I legit didn't know how much money I was willing to sink into this game until I saw these mock ups. I'd be all over these.

Necromorph

Oct 30, 2017
Team gunslinger with Tristana lvl 3 is broken af, the last 2 rounds i inflicted 6-7k of damage with only Tristana

Strakt

Oct 27, 2017
not imperial, yordle or ranger. items help but they don't need items to increase their damage. i would include ninja but they are kinda too squishy

a full yordle or ranger comp would get shit on if you dont stack items on at least one champ (ashe for ranger , or something like kennen / gnar for yordle)

top 4 in plat are always ninja assassins stacking zekes or lockets / volibear that stack rfc/ guinsoo / hush / gunslingers that stack disarm / hush / cursed / or yordles that stack gnar or kennen with phantom dancer / dragons claw /etc.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
LFvv0WB.png

Was stomping for most of this match. I think at this ELO, people know to stack the classes, but they don't think about anything other than hitting the 6 stack of something. My 6 stack assassins would've been shit if I didn't also have synergies from Ninja, Brawler, and Void to really amp up the damage (Void+Assassins was disgustingly good). I was gonna go either Imperial or Demon to round out the comp if I needed the last level there. I think Imperial would've been the move; potentially doubling my item-stacked 2-star Kat's damage would've been nuts.

Not really sure how the second place person did so well lol. Maybe brute forcing wins with their higher stars (which didn't work once they started fighting me a bunch). Somehow I dodged that person for almost all of my rounds.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
There's a rock paper scissors kind of thing going on with Assassins/Brawlers defeating demons/elementalist defeating yordles defeating assassins/brawlers.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I seem to constantly get second place. Been a hot minute since I last got first, but this is very addicting. Can't wait to see what updates come moving forward.

I'd like to see more champs and classes in this. Where my dood Udyr or Hec

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
still mad that red buff doesn't prevent or reduce noble buff heal
oh i learn to the need to plan against a 2 star anivia cause she hurts
makes me want to try and 5 tanks, 1 karthus, 1 anivia, 1 MF

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Can you drop rankings if start losing at zero points?
Asking for a friend, not me, I am good at videogames.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I've been playing like absolute dogshit for the past few days. Stuck at Silver 3, overcommitting building items too early etcetera. Gotta calm down.

Edit: immediately after a get full noble stack, finish second and move up to silver 2.

Gold back within reach BB

Last edited:

PepperedHam

Oct 27, 2017
Pennsylvania
I've been playing like absolute dogshit for the past few days. Stuck at Silver 3, overcommitting building items too early etcetera. Gotta calm down.

Edit: immediately after a get full noble stack, finish second and move up to silver 2.

Gold back within reach BB
We're on a similar journey haha. I spent all damn day yesterday trying to chip away at improving my play to get out of Silver 3, I finally hit Silver 2 and am going to wait for some of the balancing to hit Wednesday to continue my journey to Gold.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Ranked matches should be the default.
Win a game, not seeing the pts add up and then after some confusing go "...oh"

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
I finally won my first game. Took a long time but I did it.

Though is there an issue with not getting the stats screen if you get top 2? Because it happened again. It just says "skip waiting for stats"

This one. It just sits here and wont load anything.
ItpGy7z.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
just had the longest game i've been in, me and this other person went like 12 rounds in a row trading 2-4 hp hits over and over, we got the Shelly and i finally lost on Stage 7-3
the key to my lost is they had a shrink on trist (and a 2 star MF) and i didn't having my Fiona carry 6 noble buff team, we fought so long and barely winning they got three 3 star's by the end

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I finally won my first game. Took a long time but I did it.

Though is there an issue with not getting the stats screen if you get top 2? Because it happened again. It just says "skip waiting for stats"

This one. It just sits here and wont load anything.
ItpGy7z.jpg
Nah it's just a bug that happens sometimes. You'll still get all your rank stats and everything recorded even if it might get a bit delayed, you just don't get to see the post-game screen.

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
Nah it's just a bug that happens sometimes. You'll still get all your rank stats and everything recorded even if it might get a bit delayed, you just don't get to see the post-game screen.

I just got it twice in a short time. Doesn't happen when I'm 3rd and lower and hit leave game. But 1st or 2nd gives the victory message and you hit continue, which is when it happened to me both times.

Since I got the points, that's the important thing, but I still wanted the end screen.

Also, I kinda wish it would show match history like in normal League.

Euler

Oct 27, 2017
I just got it twice in a short time. Doesn't happen when I'm 3rd and lower and hit leave game. But 1st or 2nd gives the victory message and you hit continue, which is when it happened to me both times.

Since I got the points, that's the important thing, but I still wanted the end screen.

Also, I kinda wish it would show match history like in normal League.
I've seen it happen before with a number of different placements, think it's just a coincidence it happened at second place or above for you.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Just had the most OP game ever.
Item every inicial mob phase and incredibly lucky picks, I had a 2-star Varus with a raged blade AND a cursed blade before the first carroussel.
From there I went on to a demon/elementalist comp AND found a darkin to make my Kennen into a demon, plus I put in Ashe in there because why not?

So I had 6 demons, 3 elementalist, 2 rangers and 2 glacials with Varus roflstomping everyone. Kennen and the spider lady also both had silencers, so, you know, the other teams were not using skills.

I ended up first with 71 health. Lost maybe 3 fights the entire game.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Went for two titanic hydras on a brawler comp and saw that get out paced pretty quick, shoulda did one rfc to even it out at a little. Oh well, finished second and still loving the game.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Double Rabadon Blitcrank is hilarious. Toss on a Spear for added hilarity!

Think I needed to build Sorcerers, though - full Wild and Brawler synergies were good, but I didn't get the items I needed for Voli carry, and that full Sorc bonus on Blitz would've had him hitting for 4k.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Double Rabadon Blitcrank is hilarious. Toss on a Spear for added hilarity!

Think I needed to build Sorcerers, though - full Wild and Brawler synergies were good, but I didn't get the items I needed for Voli carry, and that full Sorc bonus on Blitz would've had him hitting for 4k.

I love blitzcrank so much I wanna die,

Put two T2s and a T1 on the board just for shits.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
My stats from leagueofgraphs.com

Platinum IV
TFT (#27,323)
(NA: #4,740) - Top 1.0%
LP: 0
Wins: 8 (12%)
Played: 66

Interesting, I've been losing a lot the last few days though.
Hmm, according to this I have the following for Ranked.
Silver IV
LP: 99
Wins: 5 (23%)
Played: 22

Feels like I win every other game, but maybe that is me mixing Normals + Ranked. I play a game or two after work every day, came in 7th and 1st last night.

My 1st was fun, managed to get a full ass Knight comp along with Kindred + Ashe to give me some damage. I had a lvl 3 Garen with Warmogs/Red Buff/(banish item), he was virtually unkillable once I got a Kayle + Lulu late game. There are so many effective combos at low levels that you can make work and I love putting myself in the position to make flexible comps. I swapped in the Kindred late for something and got the Phantom buff and buffed my 2-item Ashe with the Rangerbuff.

gutshot

Oct 25, 2017
Toscana, Italy
Hmm, according to this I have the following for Ranked.
Silver IV
LP: 99
Wins: 5 (23%)
Played: 22

Feels like I win every other game, but maybe that is me mixing Normals + Ranked. I play a game or two after work every day, came in 7th and 1st last night.

My 1st was fun, managed to get a full ass Knight comp along with Kindred + Ashe to give me some damage. I had a lvl 3 Garen with Warmogs/Red Buff/(banish item), he was virtually unkillable once I got a Kayle + Lulu late game. There are so many effective combos at low levels that you can make work and I love putting myself in the position to make flexible comps. I swapped in the Kindred late for something and got the Phantom buff and buffed my 2-item Ashe with the Rangerbuff.

You and me are pretty close in stats. I'm also playing a game or two a day.

Silver III
LP: 64
Wins: 4 (17%)
Played: 24

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I'm back to Gold 1 now though. Mainly because I've been trying all these wacky burn through your economy strats. Shit ain't working out for me lol.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I'm back to Gold 1 now though. Mainly because I've been trying all these wacky burn through your economy strats. Shit ain't working out for me lol.
I burn my economy early and try to coast through the mid-game to build it back up 50+. I hop on any 3-stars if they pop up in my hand and build around them as soon as I can.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dang, sucks that you need to be ranked in Normal to play ranked in TFT. I find TFT more interesting than regular LoL nowadays haha