• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Anyone playing set 2? I played a dozen or so games and I'm enjoying it so far. I like the elemental hexes a lot.

Noticing though that people are getting 3-star units super early now, I'm guessing because they lowered the amount of champions in the pool.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing since it was on PBE. It's really a whole new game. The quality and decision making is so much better than set 1. I get a gold unit every game with how I econ. I'm also getting top 3 almost every game. People are sleeping hard on predator.

Overall, it's my most played game right now and I can't get enough. Shame it's not popular on era.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
got 2nd place lost to 6 electric with my 6 light, i could have gotten 9 light but i didn't take the light item and a few turns later Light Lux showed up..

Inferno hex shows up too much

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Won a game with 6 glacial, 3 electric, 3 berserker, 2 warden. Might be my favorite comp so far although Olaf is a big part of that, he's just fun to build around. Electric is a bit underwhelming for the most part but once you pick up that Zed it's super fun. Obviously the dream is getting that electric Lux.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
I love the 2 champ trait procs like mystic and desert. It's like they were put in the game JUST so you could react to late game comps and counter with some flexibility. Such a wonderful thing

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Won a game with 6 glacial, 3 electric, 3 berserker, 2 warden. Might be my favorite comp so far although Olaf is a big part of that, he's just fun to build around. Electric is a bit underwhelming for the most part but once you pick up that Zed it's super fun. Obviously the dream is getting that electric Lux.
Yeah glacial is and was very strong. When I go glacial as base I allways end up in top 3

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I won my first game in Set 2 after constant 7th and 8th places. Warden and Mages carried the win home along an ocean synergy and the 2* Nami and 2* Lux sure helped :P

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I got 1st last night running all Light, though even with 2 FoN off the carousel I never hit the full set bonus lol. Lux just didn't show up. Filled my extra slots with a Master Yi sporting the Light spatula item and a second copy of Soraka after I 3-Starred Yorick. Last two standing were some dude running Ocean/Mage/Summoners (holy shit so many Malz minions) and a buddy doing Infernal Rangers. Still, my guys just wouldn't go down. And when they did, they got replaced with a Yorick dummy. It's great.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
So I was thinking how broken mal seemed, but then I saw how a full shadow comp keeps the 100% damage trait the whole fight since they are constantly killing things.

Set two's power balance dynamic is soooo much better this time around.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
woodland falls off too quick tho obviously i'm going to try all woodlands including copies on the field

Woodland is really interesting. Maokai can still be a beefy tank late game, Neeko can dish out decent damage and LeBlanc is underrated in my opinion. I've wanted to try a Woodland Mage comp with turning Neeko into a Mage but I haven't had a chance to pull it off yet.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Should we have started a Set 2 OT? Not exactly a new game buuuut, TFT officially isn't out yet. So major updates could get a thread?

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
2 star 2 item olaf can 1v9 til like stage 6

i had Lux Steel going and it was great til i hit a full electric build and the olaf guy

oh i think i've played 20 games never seen a Taric for me

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Really enjoying set 2 a lot so far, definitely more than set 1. I just hope it doesn't end up becoming super homogeneous like set 1 did toward the end. Right now I'm seeing a lot of variety and a lot of different paths to victory and that's a big part of what's making set 2 so much fun. Even item builds are pretty varied right now which is cool.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
seriously fuck these inferno hexes. how is it a 4 elemental chance and i get inferno in 80+% of my games?

also Warwick is far far far far and away useless, doesn't do damage to save it's life losing to 1 stars

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
ha this person is gonna win with a 2 star Singed with Morello, counts as inferno, and guardians.it alone does a lot of damage then got a 4 shadow buff kindred with giantslayer and rageblade, 6 inferno so the singed alone lives 3 DoT's

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Just played my first game - I didn't even realize set 2 had come out, so I had 0 notion going in. Went with woodland/mage/ocean/druid and it worked really well, 0 three star units, would've had them by the end but I was just stomping everyone very hard by the time I hit 3 mage/2 ocean/woodland/druid which was like the second roulette. Later on it was trivial to hit max synergies for all but ocean, which is fine cause you don't really need more ocean at that point.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
This is a really dumb question, but is a two star unit always better than a one star? E.g. how does a two star, one cost unit, compare to a one star four cost unit? I usually try the economy strategy but once I start getting four cost units I don't know if I should replace the two star units I've built up so far.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
This is a really dumb question, but is a two star unit always better than a one star? E.g. how does a two star, one cost unit, compare to a one star four cost unit? I usually try the economy strategy but once I start getting four cost units I don't know if I should replace the two star units I've built up so far.
two star is always better, more HP, attack, spell damage/duration the only thing is that a two star sells for cheaper than the combined cost in most cases

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
two star is always better, more HP, attack, spell damage/duration the only thing is that a two star sells for cheaper than the combined cost in most cases

Depending on your composition it can be very worth it to replace a 2* 1-2c unit with a 1* 4-5c unit, for example I would always make space for a Lux. Or in TFT Set 1 I always replaced a 2* Lucian for example with a 1* Jinx. Some champions are incredible good even at 1*.

pronk

Oct 26, 2017
Thanks, that's super helpful to know. I can see how in certain cases 4 cost might be better than 2* to get your synergies or whatevs though.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
waiting on a Lux is super late game and even more of waiting for luck

Yeah I don't disagree, actually waiting and building around getting a Lux is foolish, if I get one though I sure as hell won't leave her sitting on the bench though.

Thanks, that's super helpful to know. I can see how in certain cases 4 cost might be better than 2* to get your synergies or whatevs though.

No problem, yeah it really depends on that and also on the individual stats and effects of a champ, I just wanted to say that 2* is better as 1* is generally true but not universal.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
There's some really exceptional champs that are worth replacing a 2* with a 1* for, but by and large you'll only do it for synergy reasons.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
berserkers are too consistent on getting top 3 in the games i'm in and i lose to them

today got actual strings of games not inferno for the first time when yesterday it was 90% inferno hexes

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Warden/Mystic comp is way more nuts than I would have thought. Once you get it up and running it's almost impossible for anyone to take you down lol.

Even better on mountain tile because I ended up with a 3 star Nasus that was getting health buffed all game and threw a Titanic Hydra on him and he was putting out crazy damage. Also let me get mountain synergy off Qiyana too which was great.

Might end up being my go to comp on mountain tile games.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing a ton and basically always end up 4 Shadow and a mixture of Ranger, Inferno, Berserker, Mystic

This was my dumbest comp as of yet
unknown.png

7 Shadow xD

Malzahar and a bunch of other stuff is apparently getting nerfed so there's that

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
got my first win since Set 2
i had a almost full bench of Light while ran with 4 ocean 3 Woodlands
got 2 spatulas and 2 neeko items
losing hp slowly
switched to 6 Light and interest to 60 gold spam to level 9 and completed the 6 Light 4 Ocean right as i was down to 9 HP
got a Nami in the last 2 rounds to do the Mystic and it saved me against the Mage person i was up against in the 1v1

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
got my first win since Set 2
i had a almost full bench of Light while ran with 4 ocean 3 Woodlands
got 2 spatulas and 2 neeko items
losing hp slowly
switched to 6 Light and interest to 60 gold spam to level 9 and completed the 6 Light 4 Ocean right as i was down to 9 HP
got a Nami in the last 2 rounds to do the Mystic and it saved me against the Mage person i was up against in the 1v1

Wait are we supposed to save up till 60 now instead of 50? And gratz on the win!

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
apparently ionic spark procs predators and they might add something that prevents stacking it instead of straight nerfing it

surprised they aren't nerfing Kindred the most tbh but maybe the shadow nerfs are enough. Rangers are getting buffed a lot so I can see prioritizing Kindred still

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
wow just saw a 6 light 2 mystic 2 blade 2 cloud vs a 5 shadow 3 woodland 2 druid 3 inferno 3 mage 2 ranger comp go against each other
the light comp had 90hp at 6-1 vs the shadow had 30hp
by 6-5 it was 15 light vs 23 shadow

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
was ROCKing with 6 mage 4 ocean comp til this person hit a Crystal Lux while running predator and poison at from that moment on they lost maybe 4 hp for the remaining rounds and winning at 7-2

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Lux is dope when she's enabling some of the niche origins but cloud, light and ocean that either get powered up or turned on by Lux is pretty annoying.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I think that's fine literally perfect zed items, 6 summoner, lvl 9 with a fon, usually zed is just mediocre when it comes to 5 cost units. Was Lux ocean?

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I meant their lux. Since Electric Cloud and Ocean would all work well with the zed comp. Guessing shadow though for 4x.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

First time I ever won with mages and first time I even won at lvl 7. Got the spatula in the first roulette and made a mage's hat 1-3 and then just hyper rolled mages. Had to get lucky to win though, pretty sure 2nd and 3rd place knocked each other out and I just had enough of a health buffer.

Olaf is such a fucking annoying fucker still