• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
weird to have a item avoid all the rules of every other item except the Neeko one
It would kind of break stuff if it didn't. You still have to equip it on a unit initially in order to create the item, then you sell the unit and it goes back to your stockpile, but if they reduced your unit count it could probably cause issues.

Oct 27, 2017
Las Vegas
Gotta be honest, I'm getting real sick of seeing 2/3 of the lobby run Woodland/Druid in the early game every single time. I get it's made to be an early game comp to transition out of but it makes the first several rounds completely monotonous.

Lyng

Editor at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
My one big issue with this game is the carousel. The fact that you cannot mouse over and see what heroes they are is just dumb.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
ah finally got some use out of Mundo but barely b/c of mountain hex + right item choices + lack of heavy counter sets from others until the end where this person got some wild mage/inferno/other set that wrecked only me and barely beat the others

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I keep forcing mundo on mountain and it not working out.

From what I'm seeing everyone is hyper rolling something and you gotta roll to preserve life even when you want to econ

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

what element could this have been 🤔

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Yeah I keep forcing mundo on mountain and it not working out.

From what I'm seeing everyone is hyper rolling something and you gotta roll to preserve life even when you want to econ
someone hyper rolled 100 gold (what they told me towards the end) to get 4 three star's of grey and blue champions by 5-1
i guess the increase damage for three star's makes it way more juicy to try and get multiples then it use to

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
someone hyper rolled 100 gold (what they told me towards the end) to get 4 three star's of grey and blue champions by 5-1
i guess the increase damage for three star's makes it way more juicy to try and get multiples then it use to
It's refreshingly different to Set 1 where you finished close to every game on lvl 8-9 and with mostly 2 star units.

Set 2 now you finish few games at lvl 9 and everyone at the end has 1-3 3*

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
ok something is stunning my ranged auto attack units

had a three star Kindred that stopped attacking for 4 seconds when there was just a vlad, veigar and brand around. a round earlier a naut ult stopped Sivir from attacking before the animation reached her and 2 seconds afterwards
also 2 star Scion with defense items always out damaged everything no matter the placement lol

also got great rng for mages wrecked everyone faced the last person they didn't who had a 6 light soraka and it destroyed him for the rest of the game

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
had tricked out Qiyana winning despite myself (had her with mage hat even) chugging along and someone i didn't face or pay attention to since early game shows up in my grid...he had 5 three star's and just WRECKING everyone by the end at 7-2 they had 6 three star's and win with a comfy hp of 40

4 total people had a three star..the person who won had 6. RNG is too good right?

star-crazy.jpg

then just faced someone got that full mage and protect comp (three star ivan + 2 star mao) + ocean lux for free mana

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
whoops

got a clutch cloud Lux while at 1HP let me go from 6th to 2nd place. lost to a summoner build that no one really had a build to take down fast enough before minion spam

Last edited:

mtlspider

Oct 26, 2017
My one big issue with this game is the carousel. The fact that you cannot mouse over and see what heroes they are is just dumb.
I'm recently giving this a shot as I'm not really feeling how Dota Underlords is turning out at the moment.

Being unfamiliar with TFT or even LOL in general, the carousel without tooltips is a big impediment to my learning process.
Nothing that can't be solved without external resources or dozen of hours trial and error.
Game seems to have the best potential out of all 3 main Autobattlers out there but this is also in the most dire need of QoL stuff (even things like colour-coding the alliance bonuses).

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
I'm recently giving this a shot as I'm not really feeling how Dota Underlords is turning out at the moment.

Being unfamiliar with TFT or even LOL in general, the carousel without tooltips is a big impediment to my learning process.
Nothing that can't be solved without external resources or dozen of hours trial and error.
Game seems to have the best potential out of all 3 main Autobattlers out there but this is also in the most dire need of QoL stuff (even things like colour-coding the alliance bonuses).
Definitely agreed on the carousel, but I almost feel like color coding the synergies would hurt more than help, especially if they keep totally revamping the unit sets every so often.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I got the hang if set 2 much quicker than set 1. I was extremely lost playing TFT for the first time switching from underlords.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, hyper-rolling as a strat never pays off for me, so I've just stopped. Regular ass rolling and economizing is good enough for normal games, so that's what I'll do.

Sidenote, I tried to type "normal s" with no space like 15 times and somehow my spellchecker is just not interested in learning the distinction lol.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
I think you should be rolling more aggressively at least, econing to 50 will make you take way too much damage

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
i use to always rush to 7 then reroll like crazy but i've had success with staying at level 3 and gathering money then jumping straight from 4 to 6 or sometimes let it naturally get to half to 5 then jumping to 7 b/c o this i can hold 2 more possible builds on the bench then swap out for a new one if others are hyper rolling and taking up units i might have

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
You gotta have a strong start to not have to roll/level to keep healthy however. Woodland or finding some natural upgrades

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
First set of new champs for set 2!

Looks like Ammumu has basically his ult from the game (roots, silences, disarms in an AoE with some damage), Lucian has his regular ult (fires a bunch of shots off at once, and Senna has her Q (does damage to enemies and heal allies in a line). The Soulbound synergy feels... very very strong, especially with Light.

I don't really think a 5* unit is going to solve Inferno's frontline woes, but hey, we'll see.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
No it won't solve them but it let's you go all in on the synergy like you couldn't before.

I got to try 6 assassin recently but only ended up in 3rd place with it. I think I needed more gloves.

Also tried a Volibear comp that was 4 glacial 3 berserker 3 Electric 4 BM Voli having the spat. That one was incredible but died to inferno

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

when 4 3* units aren't good enough. Stupid inferno lux 2 on their side just ripped through my backline and predators cleaned them up

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
seriously there's something going on yet another round wehre a person had no CC units yet my ranged auto attackers just stop attacking with stun effect

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
boo had a sweet ass 6 light comp and lost to three star veigar malz taliyah combo with no MR for me b/c this person was the only one with heavy magic damage

had almost 4k hp Aatrox and a 2.6k hp Nasus from mountain hexes

i had such a buffer i econ'd at level 5 then finished off the last 8 exp to 6, then econ'd to 60 then rerolled constantly for the 2 three star's i got, Vayne with hurricane

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
newest hotness is eggrolling, a rename of chinese hyper rolling I think. It means hyper rolling early on for woodlands Diana and Renekton IIRC hard to find concrete info on them.

the meta seems to coalesce into that and hyper rolling predators, ocean/mages late game and various singed poison comps.

Sblargh

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, just saw two people with very similar usernames, one doing a very heavy econ build. And what is the problem with econ builds? Well, it gets trampled by hyper rolling before getting online. So the other people with the almost same username does what?
Hyper roll all woodland and predadors. It doesn't match, it doesn't get you to top 4, but that's ok, the goal of one account is to just drain all predators and woodland from the pool while the other forces a more endgame build safe from comps that are strong early on.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
greatest pivot in my TFT history, someone luxked out and got 4 Electric while at 1hp so i pivoted hard right as they fought and beat me senseless to 4 Mystics and that also help me with this annoying brand build someone and i walk my way to the win from rushing to level 9 with 4 mystics, 4 light, 4 ocean, with Aatrox, Qiyana doing 3-4k damage a match

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
Meh, just saw two people with very similar usernames, one doing a very heavy econ build. And what is the problem with econ builds? Well, it gets trampled by hyper rolling before getting online. So the other people with the almost same username does what?
Hyper roll all woodland and predadors. It doesn't match, it doesn't get you to top 4, but that's ok, the goal of one account is to just drain all predators and woodland from the pool while the other forces a more endgame build safe from comps that are strong early on.
that's sinster and hard to fix for Riot i would think

someone got 6 blademasters (turning Qiyana to one) then three star Qiyana, Yasous and Rek. no one went tanks the only person to put up a fight was level 8 3 poison, 4 glac

Last edited:

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Unless something drastically changes I'm just not gonna play this set anymore, the games are just no fun.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Though it's beatable, I'm sick of seeing hyper roll woodland/diana/renekton

Just boring now.

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
Ya it's either eggroll, hyper roll predators or ocean mages. And then lategame getting fucked by poisons and morello singed.

I hate this set with a passion.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
tho i've been having fun making a Kindred that basically always uses it's ability just requires 3 tears and a BF sword tho

got 9 Inferno and lost b/c i couldn't get a single 3 star of what i needed b/c people rushed and got them first, 2 different people got three star Diana, Kindred's got used up. i had a two star inferno Singed but got it too late. stupid three star Vayne with double rageblade

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Houston
I'm beginning to think I'm getting DDOS'd or something b/c the last few games if I get too early of a two star or a massive lead I disconnect for at least 30 seconds

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
can just murder the early and mid game with just 4 ocean and a two star Ezreal, to make it easier get magic can critical + deathcap or attack disable, I cake walked to 2nd place only b/c I got briefly knocked down some HP by summoners but ultimately lost to a three star vayne with rageblade and hurricane and they threw 3 other rangers just for the atksp boost

Schreckstoff

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

first game on the new patch, Senna seems pretty broken if there aren't assassins jumping her, Soulbond was pretty ridiculous since Senna was always my last unit standing.

Feels good to see comps with largely no 3 stars again, let's hope this holds

Shadow/Light/Summoner fits way too neatly however if it's good and you can mix in Berserker/BM/Inferno/Mystic/Ranger depending on what units you get.