• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Sp how big is this patch? Could they have re-encoded the assets in a similar way like how the PS5 has hardware accelerated kraken decompression, but done in software?

WillySJ3

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
It took me like 20~ seconds to load a chapter. It is indeed faster than i remember. We need more of this updates.

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
I just tested the new game and there's barely any difference, but when loading a save it's very noticeable (it loads more than twice as fast). The video is uploading.

VG Aficionado

Nov 6, 2017
Sp how big is this patch? Could they have re-encoded the assets in a similar way like how the PS5 has hardware accelerated kraken decompression, but done in software?
From what little we know, new compression tech isn't involved in these updates given the small update size. It's probably all about asset priority, multithreaded loading and big efforts to remove bottlenecks that were hidden before with the slower drives.

What is this secret sauce
Love!

Belthazar90

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Just put this together with Share Factory, maybe the times aren't accurate:

TLDW: New game is basically a 15 seconds load regardless of the patch, while loading from save goes from 2:10 to 1:08 with the Patch installed.

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
What could be the reason behind this happening? Could it be that these games were still loading too long on PS5 so they optimized the whole process which benefitted the PS4 version as well?
Yes, several developers said they have learned new things that can be applied to other older games.

Oct 30, 2017
Crazy... CRAZY underrated game on PS4.

One of the few games this game made me smile happily almost the entire playthrough.

Pace

Dec 15, 2018
The update is around 1.5gb btw, bigger than I expected. The whole game is like 7gb for reference.