• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Is Tears of the Kingdom dangerous?

• Depressed Link sequel

Votes: 22 3.9%
  • Eiji Aonuma is smiling

Votes: 161 28.3%
  • Nintendo has no idea what they unleashed into this world

Votes: 232 40.8%
  • Now we need an AAA Barbie game

Votes: 44 7.7%
  • End of the world speedrun

Votes: 30 5.3%
  • Legend of Zelda: Cold War

Votes: 79 13.9%

• Total voters

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil

View: https://twitter.com/angelmendoza___/status/1657387230061551621?t=oEEvf1_M_bhcRWctw3uIlg&s=19

View: https://twitter.com/BootlegPhoenix/status/1658089197033623553

View: https://www.tiktok.com/@soulbanana0/video/7232190070214692122?embed_source=71223855%2C121331973%2C120811592%2C120810756%3Bnull%3Bembed_share&refer=embed&referer_url=www.gamesradar.com%2Fzelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-player-creates-a-controllable-mech-to-rival-armored-core%2F&referer_video_id=7232190070214692122

Screenshot-20230515-100456-Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This game makes me wish I could reincarnate back to Kindergarten. I was proud of my minecart that had a rocket and a fan. Everyone online has already upgraded their tech tree to WWII and beyond.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I dont really get how you make stuff like this with the parts available tbh. Outside of the pods with shit in all I'm finding is wood planks

DrHercouet

May 25, 2018
France
Sooo I work for a french media and I interviewed Aonuma and Fujibayashi last week and let me tell you : this is EXACTLY what they want you to do.

They loved how many "exploit" videos there were about breaking Breath of the Wild to the point they considered it a metric of success, so when they devised Tears of the Kingdom they really pushed all the possibilities to 11 so that people come up with even more crazy stuff. The game has been built around the fact that it's super shareable. Which is probably something we've all guessed by now, but the fact that they are so upfront about it is really cool to me.

Therefore, yeah Aonuma is smiling. They absolutely nailed it!

OP
OP
Blackbird

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Sooo I work for a french media and I interviewed Aonuma and Fujibayashi last week and let me tell you : this is EXACTLY what they want you to do.

They loved how many "exploit" videos there were about breaking Breath of the Wild to the point they considered it a metric of success, so when they devised Tears of the Kingdom they really pushed all the possibilities to 11 so that people come up with even more crazy stuff. The game has been built around the fact that it's super shareable. Which is probably something we've all guessed by now, but the fact that they are so upfront about it is really cool to me.

Therefore, yeah Aonuma is smiling. They absolutely nailed it!

hell yeah.

they truly accomplished it.

gardfish

Oct 25, 2017
And I was proud of myself when I attached four wheels and a steering wheel to a plank of wood, lol.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stuff like this makes me wish there was no battery limitations. I hope the upgrades to it are REALLY good. Like damn near infinite.

CampFreddie

A King's Landing
Oct 25, 2017
Meanwhile, I'm just the fucking ape hitting stuff with sticks at the beginning of 2001.

Jubilant Duck

Oct 21, 2022
I question how little sleep these folks got to progress far enough in the game to unlock all those elements.
I got my copy a day before release and it's still horse-drawn carraiges, hot air balloons, and fans. I don't even have a steering wheel for my mechanical creations yet.

Acrano

Nov 2, 2017
Germany
I question how little sleep these folks got to progress far enough in the game to unlock all those elements.
I got my copy a day before release and it's still horse-drawn carraiges, hot air balloons, and fans. I don't even have a steering wheel for my mechanical creations yet.
Could be a lack of sleep but given that the game leaked two weeks ago some already completed it / running it on emulator and had a lot more time with it to progress and tinker around.

kimbo99

Feb 21, 2021
I felt like I wasn't utitlizing the full combat/crerativity in BOTW, I feel even more left out with TotK.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
The Depths and Autobuild.

All I'll really say about finding the absolutely wild shit.

Oct 27, 2017
I felt like I wasn't utitlizing the full combat/crerativity in BOTW, I feel even more left out with TotK.
Naah dont feel that way
These games are made to be played in your in pace and HOW you want. There isnt any need to feel like your underutilising anything becuase solving the game with your own methods even if simple is the point of the player expression the Zelda team is going for

Marqroq

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I hope this thread becomes the official thread of these things. I can't get enough.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Steering wheel? Closing in on 20 hours but haven't seen one in the game. This is gonna be a long ass playthrough, isn't it...

Nachos

Oct 26, 2017
Steering wheel? Closing in on 20 hours but haven't seen one in the game. This is gonna be a long ass playthrough, isn't it...
I haven't found them in pods yet, but they're around. Most of the ones I've found so far have been part of the shrine challenges where you have to go fetch something in the overworld

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
I jokingly said to a friend the main speedruns wouldn't be beating the game but instead how fast you can violate the Geneva convention, and each day something even more bonkers shows up

Parthenios

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I'm unlocking most parts from the gacha machines in the sky archipelago. Each one has a different set of parts and I'm impressed that I keep finding new ones.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
This is game design done right. Want to run around bonking enemies with tree trunks for 50 hours? Have at it, no problem. Want to build a squirting mech that shoots bombs out of its nipples? Go for it.

Cerulean_skylark

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
How are people creating these templates? Is it unlocked after some dungeons or something?
I basically have to build everything from scratch. This builder is so amusingly powerful.