• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
That'd be some impressive cart-before-the-horsing but...hey whatever.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
kinda overselling the lasting impression of the tech demo character

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
It's a skin, I think it was leaked in the last update.

U5 probably only on the next chapter (3 seasons from now)

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
Lady doesn't even have a name.

I thought I missed something and that her name was announced during last showcase but no, she had none.
So this leaves us with Fortnite going UE5 which is the better option. XD

Holdover from when Fortnite was going to be UE5 this coming season?

What? Fortnite was supposed to be the first game coming to UE5 and to be reelased during mid this year which coincided with the start of this Season 7 but didn't happen.

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017

Serpico99

Oct 29, 2017
NYC
There is also rumors of a larger survival style map/mode coming too. I would be a down for a Fortnite take on Rust.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
She's been in the game since last week's update. It's just a matter of when she'll drop in the item shop. UE5 is also not happening next season if the leakers are true. Some say it'll happen in season 9 but I'm guessing Epic will wait until the next chapter to do it.

Last edited:

False Witness

Oct 25, 2017
Season 8 was originally supposed to be the UE5 date, but it got pushed back.

They might switch the engine at the end of the year, but I don't think we'll really see a lot of optimizations and visual improvements until Chapter 3.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fortnite is already running on Chaos.
Lumen is gonna be Series, PS5, and PC only, but can be turned off for last gen, switch, and mobile
I don't expect the character models to get better, to be honest
Nanite is up in the air since everything is already interactable, so it wouldn't work well with Nanite

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Play as Batman, Kratos, or, uh, the character from our engine tech demo!

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
maybe Echo will get her own game eventually. if Epic decides to make single player games again

OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
If you think that the shift to UE5 won't bring any enhancements to even last-gen consoles, let alone current-gen, then I really I have nothing to say. The fact that it gets delayed each time tells a lot that they are refining it to not be shabby when launching. Even with last-gen releases they managed to bring a lot of enhancements within the same engine adding a lot of things like better fire, smoke,explosions, water reactions and clouds that were just brough to PC recently as the new Epic settings. Now they can improve the physics even better with improved chaos destrustcion that was still in test and beta back then, nanite can be added gradually now with static objects then updating it with interactive ones and foliage in the future. New characters could use metahumans especially the VIP real ones to look exactly like their real counterparts while keeping the stylised look and have ilproved facials for emotes and stuff. The stuff could be even morre. I am not the one who gonna tell Epic what to do with their own new engine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
PLASTICA-MAN

PLASTICA-MAN

Oct 26, 2017
This is the video featured in the game:

And she is reactive: her tattoos glow when you open chests: