• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017

I haven't read the novel, but this teaser got my attention because it's the most Life is Strange teaser I've ever seen.

They're going all out with the style, even using Crosses by José Gonzáles, but even without the song the vibe is there.

Nov 5, 2017
Seriously nice find! The trailer straight up used the same exact song from Life is Strange! Now, I will forever associate Looking for Alaska with Life is Strange. Nice going!

Shiloh

Oct 25, 2017
Just had to look up when this was releasing earlier this week

Looks pretty promising. It's 8 episodes, right? I look forward to what probably happens in the 4th episode in the spoiler thread we hopefully have on this.

desu

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't know this was coming out at all. Pretty excited for this as I enjoyed the book.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
God damn, yeah the LiS vibes were pretty strong in that trailer haha.

OP
OP

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
This is not supposed to be serious, but I did this because I'm fascinated by how close it looks and feels, haha:

fSCl7ht.jpg

oGiTrO9.jpg

YYeD1s6.jpg

5j9Pf3R.jpg

kCkXaFN.jpg

This one was just for fun lol:

FjVrVEI.jpg

OP
OP

Fuu

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 27, 2017
Just realized I got the premiere date wrong on the title, it's October 18, not October 12. I'll ask for a mod to fix it.

edit: thanks, Brazil!

Last edited:

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
I loved this book when I was a kid, so hypeee...

But damn, this makes me really wish that that Life is Strange TV Series deal actually amounted to something. I think the series could translate over really well to television

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Josh Schwartz has been trying to make a movie of this since forever. Glad he could finally do it, even if as a TV show.

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
It's out now on Hulu. Soundtrack is OC-inspired with covers of great indie songs of the time (To Be Alone With You, Orange Sky, I Will Follow You Into The Dark, ...)

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This was excellent. Marathoned it. Really really good. Quite the rollercoaster. 90% at RT too. I knew nothing about the source material so maybe its best that way. Never even watched a trailer.

May 30, 2018
saw a sponsored trailer for this pop up on instagram today that caught my eye (ear?) because it was using Pinback's "Fortress" which i haven't heard used in anything since... 2006? but anything Pinback gets a thumbs up from me.

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
Started going through this at the start of the week (it's on Iplayer for folks in the UK). Just finished episode 4.

I think it's great, personally, and it made me realise we sadly have a lack of good teen TV shows nowadays.

infinitebento

Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I wept bingeing this while holding my first edition of the book all curled up

10/10 and that acapella of "Honest Mistake" fucking destroyed me