• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they ever make another Back to the Future they just need to replace Ecto 1 with the Delorean and it would work just as well :p
OR for the BlankMan 2 teaser, they could replace the Ecto1 with a rusty J-5..
maxresdefault.jpg

Plinko

Oct 28, 2017
I'm guessing that's Aykroyd's character's farm in the teaser. You know he's going to be in this one.

Stouffers

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It needs to be a cosmic horror movie first. Nail that and infuse humor naturally through the characters.. like stranger things

Neo-Saiyan

Oct 27, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Isn't the video game basically GB3?

That being said, I always considered the video game to had been the real Ghostbusters 3 since it's the last time the original cast was together (aside from Signourey Weaver).

And they basically said it was and the plot was more or less the plot for a third film that never got made.

Wouldn't surprise me if they de-canonize the plot of the game now that there's gonna be proper movie sequel unless they somehow tie it in with the game 🤔

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Guys you know it's a car in a barn right?

I wish I could take this go back in time slap 2016 Paul Feig on it and watch everyone flip out about how awful it is.

NR1

Oct 25, 2017
Dallas, TX
I'm going to be perfectly honest, I think the idea of doing a proper Ghostbusters 3 should have died with Harold Ramis

I semi-agree. With the property dealing with ghosts though, they could easily create CGI ghost Egon.

I had always thought that would be the ticket to getting Bill back for GB3. Make him into a CGI zombie like in The Mummy movies— slowly decaying through the course of the movie. I pictured Egon developing a device to keep the soul in the body, but despite his best efforts, the physical body still dies. In the end, they accept mortality and allow Peter to pass on into the next realm.

I still think this could work great as a story. Maybe the whole crew is dying from decades of radiation poisoning from the proton packs and this is their way of continuing on?

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Great teaser...exactly what a teaser should be instead of the trailers we usually get that are passed off as teasers.

Excited for this.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The Paul Feig version would be brightly lit with some terrible pop song version of the music playing over it.

If only we had an actual teaser to refer too... Oh wait:

And this is nothing great either.. but that didn't stop everyone back then.

The most he did music trailer wise was use an electro modern version of the theme, which was actually pretty cool.

Look I'm just gonna smirk at how much hype is largely bullshit entirely divorced from quality of the source.

Pyramid Head

Oct 27, 2017

I wish I could take this go back in time slap 2016 Paul Feig on it and watch everyone flip out about how awful it is.
The teaser for the Feig reboot already did trade on the characters and setting of the original Ghostbusters movie despite it making about the same sense as the Terminator Genysys teasers that went: 'Hey you guys love Game of Thrones right? Well that chick is in our movie too!'

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

It shows the first mistake the Feig movie made; being a reboot. They would have been far better off having it set in the same universe as the original movies.

Also, it's not just a car in a barn, it's the music.

He was played by twins, so there is still another. Not that they would ever actually have the same actor.

8byte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Kansas
Nope, 2016 Ghostbusters was a dumpster fire of s film. This is straight up a continuation of the first 2. Only it's set in present day. Will be a passing of the torch movie. Which means we will in some form see people from previous 2 films.

Opinions aside, I think calling it a "dumpster fire" is both disingenuous and disrespectful. It was competent and set out to do exactly what it wanted to do. It was simply lighter in tone than the previous two. You can absolutely be disappointed with the direction, but calling it a dumpster fire is just being petty because it wasn't what you wanted.

SpankyDoodle

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this farm is the house Ray mortgaged to start Ghostbusters in the first place, that'd be neat and would explain why the Ecto-1 is out rotting in a shed :3c

I think that's what pissed me off about the reboot the most. After all the bullshit, his cameo was the longest and most drawn out of the other classic GBs.
To be fair though they did kill him
[note: I know he survived and wrote the forward to Erin and Abby's book]

OP
OP
ManaByte

ManaByte

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
If only we had an actual teaser to refer too... Oh wait:

And this is nothing great either.. but that didn't stop everyone back then.

The most he did music trailer wise was use an electro modern version of the theme, which was actually pretty cool.

If it wasn't for the cheap Ghostbusters ripoff theme, that could've been footage from Pixels or any generic looking Sony/Columbia movie.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
If it wasn't for the cheap Ghostbusters ripoff theme, that could've been footage from Pixels or any generic looking Sony/Columbia movie.

I didn't even say it was good, you just said it would be brightly lit with pop music... of which this had neither.

Just accept being wrong, it won't kill you.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
Opinions aside, I think calling it a "dumpster fire" is both disingenuous and disrespectful. It was competent and set out to do exactly what it wanted to do. It was simply lighter in tone than the previous two. You can absolutely be disappointed with the direction, but calling it a dumpster fire is just being petty because it wasn't what you wanted.

Nah, it was genuinely shit.

I love the idea of an all female team. If the film had been played relatively straight with dry humour that derived from grounded conversations and situations, it could have been great.

modoversus

Oct 25, 2017
México
On one hand, I'm happy we are getting more Ghostbuster movies. On the other, it's annoying to know that the dumpster fire that is most of the Ghostbuster fandom will believe this was their doing.

Hopefuly Reitman has been reading the IDW comics, specially the crossovers with the other Ghostbusters.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC

Josh378

Oct 27, 2017
Would it be OK if the new team was two men and two women or three men and one women? Or even a Ghostbuster team in California vs the last cast from New York?

Hokahey

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

I'm not who you responded to, but I completely disagree. I loved the cast, and love Ghostbusters. So I actually went into this very optimistic and hopeful. I thought the humor fell completely flat, it missed the entire vibe of what made Ghostbusters special, and by the ending I I was so disappointed and tuned out that yes, all I could think was this is an absolute disaster.