• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

woodland

Oct 25, 2017
Hey everyone, I really appreciated the tech support thread we had back @ GAF and was hoping we could continue it here on ERA.

I also just had a question of my own I was hoping people could help me with. My girlfriend uses my desktop to work from home when she needs an extra monitor. To do this she uses one of those HP laptop ports that plug into the HDMI slot. For some reason, after about a week this began putting my desktop into a sleep that it won't wake up out of. Normally, I'd just hit the power button to turn it back on, but this is a custom build and from the beginning the desktop powerbutton connectors and the motherboard have never played nicely, so I have to unscrew the side panel and power it on manually from the mobo ever time ;\. This is a drag when my gf needs it more than a few times a week, so I was hoping someone might be able to help me find a setting that would stop it from going into this deep sleep.

Any ideas?

Deleted member 18944

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is she using your actual desktop computer, or her HP laptop?

Also, deep sleep is usually hibernation settings. You need to tell the computer in power settings to never go into hibernation.

madspooky

Oct 28, 2017
Fort Kent, ME
So I've got a bit of a weird issue and I'm at my wits end trying to figure it out.

Every time I turn on my PS4 Pro, it kills my network connectivity for a second on my PC. Both are connected via ethernet cable to the same router (WRT 3200ACM). I've tried swapping out cables. I've tried setting both devices to static IPs. My router is the latest firmware version. I've tried enabling QoS and Media Prioritization and it still does it.

Has anyone run into a similar issue?

DanSensei

Nov 15, 2017
I have a laptop which for some reason won't let me shift-c. shift-d and shift-e. I can type them lowercase and i can do caps with the help of caps lock, but otherwise, no capital c d or e on this thing.