• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
This past couple of days there was (another) rumor saying that Techland was acquired by Microsoft, their CM is denying it(again).
I'm getting a lot of dm's about Dying Light acquisition so I'll answer here: There was the same rumour floating around the internet one year ago and the situation didn't change - Techland is an independent studio and it was not acquired by another publisher (:

Marano

Mar 30, 2018
Rio de Janeiro
Regardles if it is something they would say or not if they had been acquired, I am giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Tecnicalities and all that.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
community manager is probably one of the last people to be informed. They wouldnt know what the execs are doing

Sandbox

Jan 28, 2019
They are probably under NDA if the negotiations are still ongoing or they have been completed and acquired

This is of course if the rumor even was true

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Can't imagine too many major pubs are chomping at the bit for a studio that hasn't put out a game in 6 years

Castamere

Oct 26, 2017
Can't imagine too many major pubs are chomping at the bit for a studio that hasn't put out a game in 6 years

If Dying light 2 is a money pit they may need a publisher to crawl out, that means they'd be willing to sell for less than when Dying Light peaked, and that ip sold very well.

This is the best time for a pub to buy, but the worst time to sell, unless they don't expect Dying Light 2 to profit.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
If Dying light 2 is a money pit they may need a publisher to crawl out, that means they'd be willing to sell for less than when Dying Light peaked, and that ip sold very well.

This is the best time for a pub to buy, but the worst time to sell, unless they don't expect Dying Light 2 to profit.

You still have to account for the VERY real possibility that DL2 comes out to a collective shrug, and no doubt pubs realize that too. DL was relatively novel in a time of desolate console line-ups... in these days of 1000 service games I dont see it taking off in the same way, especially with such a long cooling off period for the brand

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Bungie had to deny a MS acquisition last year, and Techland was forced to do the same. These fantasies should remain private, it's getting ridiculous. Let independent studios be, unless there's actually real signs that they are to be acquired by another company.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
I get that speculation is really fun, but yall need to knock it off if the studio has repeatedly mentioned that they do not appreciate being bombarded with accusations of acquisitions, which is clearly where Techland is at.

Joeyro

Oct 28, 2017
Obviously, it's been a while since we've seen DL2, but i don't really see it flopping unless they really drop the ball on it. Techland should be fine.

Lady Gaia

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
This. They don't exactly seem an attractive offer in the first place to be blunt

They have a sequel to a game people remember fondly that can probably be pushed out within the calendar year. Sound like the perfect acquisition target if you're obsessively focused on the short term above all else, and denying that they're for sale only pushes the price tag up. /SemiSeriousCommentary