1. derFeef

derFeef
    Member OP

Update:

It's the "official CoJ fanpage" on Facebook from Techland, but I am not sure it is really "official" ? There is nothing on twitter.
    They posted a few things the last few days.
    https://www.facebook.com/callofjuarez/

First they updated their profile picture:
    [​IMG]

Then their header image:
    [​IMG]

And then this:

2. Fat4all

Fat4all
    Community Resettler Member

I’d dig a rerelease as well, it’s a fun fuckin game

3. Hektor

Hektor

Game was amazingly fun

4. eXistor

eXistor

What an underrated gem, I hope it's a sequel.

5. Soggoth

Soggoth

Best arcade shooter I've ever played. My bet is on PS4/X1 remaster.

6. Protome

Protome

Yeah I'd also guess a remaster but I'd love a sequel.

7. CrazyAndy

CrazyAndy

A new game would be great but I take a 4K remaster for PS4/XB1

8. derFeef

derFeef
    Member OP

BC/Remaster seems more plausible, yeah.

9. Fat4all

Fat4all

i remember hearing all the hype for it back in the day and thinking ‘meh, im sure this will be OK’ but it was so much fun in the moment to moment gameplay

it had all the fundamentals down

10. derFeef

derFeef
    Member OP

The first 30 minutes of this game are fucking fantastic.

11. Richter1887

Richter1887

Will double dip the moment they release it. One of the best shooters from last gen.

12. arcticice

arcticice

loved this game. I hope it's a sequel and not a remaster

13. Keasar

Keasar

A sequel would be awesome! Gunslinger was a ton of fun.

14. Becks'

Becks'

Remaster for PS4/X1/Switch but I would love a sequel. It can run on a brick and it is really cheap on Steam.

15. Aurc

Aurc

I would LOVE THAT. Please!!

And a proper Blood Dragon 2, while you're at it!

16. ApexNorth

ApexNorth

I seem to remember Gunslinger getting de-listed and I am not sure if they ever made it available for sale again.

17. HairyFist87

HairyFist87

Would for sure buy this. I had it on PS3 and sank far more time into it then I ever thought i would. I much preferred both the gameplay and story over the other games

18. Serpens007

Serpens007

That would be great, Gunslinger was so fucking awesome. I played it thanks to PS+ on PS3, would totally play a remaster or a sequel

19. dummmyy

dummmyy

They did, Techland acquired it earlier this year and put it back up on steam. Hoping for a sequel as well.

20. Psamtik

Psamtik

Gunslinger was just about the perfect length. I'd be there on day one for another similarly lean, focused campaign.

21. misho8723

misho8723

Ohhhh hellll yeah.... apart from Metro Last Light and Shadow Warrior, the best FPS game of the last decade.. in fact, one of the best shooters of all time in my opinion.. please, just give me another one like right now

22. Poimandres

Poimandres

Please be a sequel! I'm expecting a "remaster" though... That won't run or look any better on PC...

23. Sal

Sal

Fuck remasters. Sequel please!

24. SageShinigami

SageShinigami

Gotta be a remaster. Techland's already busy with DL2 and that fantasy RPG, right?

25. knuckles

knuckles

It is already bc on Xbox one, one of the first batch of games in fact.

26. Noisepurge

Noisepurge

Yusss, one of the best games last gen. Period.

27. LucidMomentum

LucidMomentum

That would be the worst outcome for PC players, but good for console players.

A new entry in the series would be amazing, though.

28. Alex Connolly

Alex Connolly

Honestly don't know what else you'd do to it in a remaster beyond adding a little extra AA for consoles. Game had a terrific look, a hint of comic shading without going full blown.

Incredible game. Terrific meshing of unreliable narrator and mechanics.

29. BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Probably a remaster . With all hands on deck on Dying Light 2 I don't expect a CoJ announcement soon.

30. Aangster

Aangster

The image for its grid view on Steam has changed to the new style too.

31. I would love a new game. The first was one of the best fps ever made, imo. Hopefully its not a remaster, though in the event it is, at least more people will get to play it.

32. JMizzlin

JMizzlin

I only just replayed this recently on PC, so I'm hoping it's a sequel. All signs point to a remaster, though.
    Either way, the original is so so good.

33. Sheepinator

Sheepinator

That game was amazing. So under-appreciated. It came out an indie price on 360, and yet it was a full length game with a fun campaign, excellent gameplay mechanics, some replay value too, and all at glorious 60fps.

34. Anteater

Anteater

I remember they randomly updated their steam store page to add a new trailer a while ago

35. OldMuffin

OldMuffin

I wish. But I remember them randomly changing their FB pic randomly once as well. I’d even take a remaster, just give me more!

Edit- so they released a trailer on FB of Silas talking to/about the main character of RDR2 (I think)? This seems to indicate to me at least that this really had nothing to do with them reviving the IP and just the studio having some fun as they are excited about RDR2.

36. Hektor

Hektor

37. JigglesBunny

JigglesBunny

Remaster is fine. Love this game.

38. Persagen

Persagen

Remaster would be fine, but I replayed Gunslinger so many times that I'm really hoping for a sequel. Shooting was so damn satisfying and the narrative structure and storytelling were executed really well - perfect for a smaller budget while also being a perfect fit for the tone and style.

39. Linus815

Linus815

aside from an awesome nod to rdr2, that sounds like a sequel tease

40. The Argus

The Argus

Ha wow, at first I thought the "A Message to Arthur Morgan" was gonna be a diss, similar to Ubi's "90 days in Los Santos is enough, visit Chicago" Watch Dog ad. Glad it was just a little friendly nod, and hopefully a sequel tease.

41. Gabbo

Gabbo

More westerns are a positive in my eyes. Especially if they can play with the rules and boundaries of the genre.

42. Blizzard

Blizzard

I'm simultaneously very interested and rather nervous. Gunslinger was so excellent that it would be very easy to make a worse sequel and taint its memory. I highly recommend playing it for anyone who has interest in the wild west theme or first-person shooters with a strong story.

43. rhandino

rhandino

OMG OMG OMG

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!

I love Gunslinger so MUCH and is weird because I tend to hate FPS but the stylish narrative and artstyle won me over completly.

I wish is a sequel but I would not be mad AT all if its a remastered version.

44. They want to profit on that RDR2 hype train I see.

Given how standalone the whole thing was I also bet on a remaster. If they would announce a sequel they wouldn't reuse all that old stuff.

45. FeD

FeD

Switch port?

Would love to replay this one on the go!

46. antitrop

antitrop

That game was SO. GOOD.