• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Birdie

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pokemon and Fire Emblem, according to representation in Smash Bros. they're the two most popular series.

Tecmo-Koei has handled both Pokemon in the past with the SRPG Pokemon Conquest and have also touched Fire Emblem with Fire Emblem Warriors.

So, why not combine all three? A tactical turn-based RPG featuring Pokemon with some Fire Emblem flourish---obviously I'd nerf permadeath somewhat, if not in gameplay atleast in concept, and I'd probably ease up on the romance shit.

But here's the selling point---the army you collect over the game are based on Gym Leaders and such from the main series, but redesigned to feel more like Fire Emblem characters. They battle with their Pokemon of course rather than fight directly, but can team up with another Trainer and their Pokemon for combination attacks.

Of course I'd have some Fire Emblem lip-service here and there...make the protagonist a younger Marth with a Riolu, as that's the perfect "hero Pokemon", and have Anna and Tiki.

I don't know I really want this.

Lord Vatek

Avenger
Jan 18, 2018
Pokemon Conquest is pretty much just that. I don't really know why it needs to go further.

Oct 25, 2017
pokemon_conquest_main_169.jpg

Was pretty close

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
that sounds like it'd just be Conquest 2. I'm not sure if there's enough to differentiate Pokemon FE and Pokemon Conquest with your idea. and I doubt TPC would want to share IPs with another

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
Well that's something I desperately want in my life that will probably never happen.

Ishaan

Oct 27, 2017
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was originally brainstormed as Pokemon X Fire Emblem crossover because the producers felt the two series had enough in common in terms of combat (type weaknesses and the weapon triangle).

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
I love Fire Emblem, but I don't think it would really bring anything to this collab more than a headache.

Neiteio

Oct 25, 2017
How about the main cast are various FE lords, each with their own Pokémon? Corrin could be a Dragon-type trainer, Roy could specialize in Fire-types, etc.

Deleted member 49438

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 7, 2018
I had a similar thought once b/c pokemon & fire emblem do share a lot of characteristics. I might have to look into this Pokemon conquest. I like the ideas in this thread about different characters repping different poekmon types. It's probably a pipe dream, but I would buy this.

Oct 26, 2017
Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE was originally brainstormed as Pokemon X Fire Emblem crossover because the producers felt the two series had enough in common in terms of combat (type weaknesses and the weapon triangle).

Do a Three Houses thing where IntSys designs it, but KT helps out in the same way or even contributes to the design work as well.

I'd fucking love Pokemon Warriors if that could actually work though. Pikachu with a sword?

The Awesomest

Mar 3, 2018
I sunk a lot of time into Pokemon Conquest. It was a great proof of concept, and I wish it would get a sequel that irons out the kinks and makes it a truly great game.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
I'd rather see a Pokemon spinoff with party-based real-time with pause gameplay akin to Baldur's Gate/Pillars of Eternity/etc.

Now that Obsidian is owned by Microsoft, and Microsoft & Nintendo are best buds... make it happen, captain.

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
they should do a Pokemon x Dead or Alive crossover

I know a fighting game starring Pokemon sounds crazy, but I think it could work

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
Was I the only one in here thoroughly disappointed in Conquest? I was hyped for Pokemon Fire Emblem, but Conquest was just... bad. I don't remember why I hated it so much, just that it wasn't fun at all.