• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why would you want to prevent space pirates? Like, when space ships become commercially viable in a few centuries, that'd be the coolest job ever!

Sunster

The Fallen
Oct 5, 2018
This is equivalent to an early 10th century Chinese government official saying that they need an anti-terrorism task force to prevent mass shootings.

LilZippa

Oct 25, 2017
Iowa
Ted Cruz forever scarred by early-'80s HBO

510cTzlvi9L._SY445_.jpg
It's the space herpes he really worries about.

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Is there a high level of arsenic in the water in America? So many politicians are beyond bat shit insane.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That beard makes Ted Cruz look manly as fuck. Beto doesn't stand a chance against him now.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remember when "I invented the internet" was the dumbest thing said by a politician? Oh those were the days.

CHC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Probably the only time I have ever wanted to live in a world envisioned by Ted Cruz

Figgles

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'd like for us to reach a point where it's even feasible to have space pirates, before we waste money on this nonsense.

Omegasquash

Oct 31, 2017
It's not adversarial states, it's not climate change, it's not just the GOP in general fucking everything up.

It's the potential damage space pirates could do.

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
See, this is what I'm talking about when I say the Space Force being created as a 6th branch of the military being a good idea supported for the worst fucking reasons.

Yes, we need to prevent bad actors from applying undo pressure to our assets in space, but that is already what the Air Force Space Command does. The reason creating a 6th distinct branch for space operations is a good idea is because it would decrease bureaucracy and increase specialization, while allowing our military assets in space to be controlled by one branch instead of 4 separate ones (not counting the Marines here). It has nothing to do with "bad actors" or piracy or anything that Trump spews on Twitter at 3 AM.

The sheer amount of ignorance towards basic space policy to understand the *actual* rational of a Space Force is astounding, especially when it would take 5 minutes of reading a Wikipedia page to figure out.

Olaf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I can already see the Commander of the Space Force giving an inspiring speech in 2200 about the time when they were all ridiculed.

Oct 26, 2017
The space pirate pitch is stupid but far, far down the road there will be a need to protect commercial interests in space if resources are obtained from there. Right now instead of focusing on creating another branch of the military, we should be putting that money toward combating climate change.