• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TrueSloth

Oct 27, 2017
Holy shit. That's intense. I hope this teen can gets the help they need after the trauma they experience their whole life.

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The article says the priest abused the killer and his father. Police should get him a cheeseburger at Quick and drop charges.

Oct 27, 2017
91 years old. They let that monster get away with it for so many years and now the kid looks like a piece of shit that killed a helpless old man. This whole thing sucks. I really hope they don't lock him up for too long over this and opt to get him the help he deserves.

The church and the local law enforcement let the priest rape generations of children over a 40 year period. I'm not saying the kid deserves a medal for killing the guy but I really don't think he's going to kill anyone else like this.

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Live by the cross. Die by the cross.

Hope they kid doesn't get punished. Clearly been through a lot and was failed by the support systems meant to catch such predators.

ItchyTasty

Feb 3, 2019
Sad that he had to ruin his life because of that monster :/ hopefuly his sentence isn't too harsh, but he did kill someone.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
These priests should get a actual partner if they can't do without, this just makes them do crap like this and that's good for nobody. It is creating monsters and scarred children. This has got to stop.

bryehn

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa
I feel very sad for this guy, who will unfortunately probably never get the mental health help he needs and will suffer a painful life - but that is the most metal thing ever

Xe4

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to blame him for being angry, but it's unfortunate to see this happen. Kid's life is now even more ruined due to his inevitable time in jail and prison. I wish he had gotten the help he needed and deserved before taking such a drastic and ill thought out action. Murder is never the answer to crimes committed, no matter how vile they may be.

Oct 27, 2017
That's some crazy Manhunt shit. Not losing any sleep over the disgusting priest. Hope he is able to over come this and that his life doesn't get worse than it already was.

Poor kid.

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I personally don't blame the kid, but it's still vigilante justice and murder.

I hope he doesn't do time, but I highly doubt it.

May the priest rot in hell, regardless.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
100% disagree.

Murder is still murder.
Always think this place is super anti death penalty but threads like this make me think otherwise when just about everyone is ok with this outcome.

Don't feel bad for the priest at all cuz he was a piece of trash and lucky he's been protected despite the shits hes done. Kid should get punished because like you said murder is murder.

daegan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Oct 27, 2017
100% disagree.

Murder is still murder.
In the US, there are a lot of different ways in which a defendant in a case like this could be found Not Guilty, depending on the circumstances in the moment (self-defense & defense of others immediately come to mind.)

Further, there are punishments beyond prison time, and as other posters have pointed out, this doesn't seem like a situation where he is going to kill again (which is of course why the circumstances I pointed out exist)

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Why should the 19 year old be punished? When authorities refuse to do anything and give a pedophile decades of immunity this is morally the right thing to do.

He should be put into therapy, not prison under these circumstances.

Bonafide

Oct 11, 2018
Why should the 19 year old be punished? When authorities refuse to do anything and give a pedophile decades of immunity this is morally the right thing to do.

yep, when the system fails to hold those in power to account people will justice in their own hands

anything less than letting this guy walk away is an injustice

Titik

Oct 25, 2017
This sexual abuse scandal by priest isn't being taken seriously in third world countries at the moment. There are probably hundreds of not thousands of kids being abused at the moment in those countries right now. Let that sink in for a moment.

Oct 28, 2017
Always think this place is super anti death penalty but threads like this make me think otherwise when just about everyone is ok with this outcome.

Don't feel bad for the priest at all cuz he was a piece of trash and lucky he's been protected despite the shits hes done. Kid should get punished because like you said murder is murder.
actually celebrating torture and revenge murder. wow people