• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
I feel horrible, but that was one of the funniest parts in the movie
Yep, the entire "return to the past and fuck everything up again" sequence had me dying.

The movie was a joy, and I keep remembering gags that have me breaking out in laughter with my gf.

"KIDS, ASK YOUR PARENTS WHERE BABIES COME FROM!!"

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
"Slaaaaaade" had to have been them poking fun at how the Titans would say his name in the original series lol. I also loved the re-enactment of the Titans vs Robin and Slade right in the season 1 finale.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
This movie ruined every single Stan Lee cameo for me. Like dam, they're not wrong. lol

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit did I love this,
I was laughing from literally the DC opening logo.

Im so glad I waited and went earlier with lots of kids being in the theater,
a little girl in front of me repeatedly pointing and cheering when the Titans first showed up really benefited the experience.

I really didn't get the Jade Wilson thing considering

latest

Would have fit much better having it be Slade's daughter and an established TTG characters.

Last edited:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
Caught it yesterday and although it wasn't as funny as the best stuff from the show, it was still pretty damn good. That last line legit cracked me up since there were a fair number of kids there. Brilliant.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Caught this with my little brother last week and I honestly found it hysterical. The show can be pretty hit or miss but the movie was just a constant stream of fun gags and references.

That crime alley bit is one of the darkest jokes I have ever seen in a kids movie.

OP
OP
Rvaan

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
Caught this with my little brother last week and I honestly found it hysterical. The show can be pretty hit or miss but the movie was just a constant stream of fun gags and references.

That crime alley bit is one of the darkest jokes I have ever seen in a kids movie.
What was dark about Robin putting the pearls on Martha, pushing down the alley where she and her husband were going to be shot and killed, and then giving young Bruce a thumbs up?

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit did I love this,
I was laughing from literally the DC opening logo.

Im so glad I waited and went earlier with lots of kids being in the theater,
a little girl in front of me repeatedly pointing and cheering when the Titans first showed up really benefited the experience.

I really didn't get the Jade Wilson thing considering

latest

Would have fit much better having it be Slade's daughter and an established TTG characters.

Honestly, I thought it was his daughter too after I remembered he had one. Kinda weird they ignored it, but I guess it would have been funnier with it being Slade.

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
What was dark about Robin putting the pearls on Martha, pushing down the alley where she and her husband were going to be shot and killed, and then giving young Bruce a thumbs up?
The fact that you could see the flash from the gunshots right as he was giving the thumbs up made it even funnier and fucked up.

I also thought the Kryptonite Party was fucked up and hilarious. Especially with Cyborg just kicking the body out of the way at the end of it.

tangeu

Oct 27, 2017
My wife and I were cracking up throughout the whole movie, I think the highlight was the time travel sequence. One thing we noticed that I thought was great was the main cast voice actors got top billing, opposed to say the MLP movie where the 'big name' guests got top billing in the credits.

OP
OP
Rvaan

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that you could see the flash from the gunshots right as he was giving the thumbs up made it even funnier and fucked up.

I also thought the Kryptonite Party was fucked up and hilarious. Especially with Cyborg just kicking the body out of the way at the end of it.
That whole sequence was fucked up. They saved Krypton only to turn around and undo it, they save Batman's parents (which should have removed Robin from existence) only to come back to put the pearl necklace back on Martha and shove them down Crime Alley, and they threw that plastic can holder on to Aquaman and left him to die. Really the only person who didn't get a super fucked up bit was Wonder Woman. All she got was robbed and bullied.

Distantmantra

Oct 26, 2017
Seattle
Took my daughter to see this yesterday, we both had a great time.

She's showing an interest in watching the 2003 series, so I think I'll let her watch it since the whole thing is on OnDemand.

DJChuy

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this yesterday, and man was it hilarious. This was the first time seeing anything TT related, so I might give the show a watch. So many stupid, funny moments. Will probably catch it again.

Oohhh they did the car before you bro!

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
"Boom! Pow! Look, I'm a kitty now! Check out my kitty meow!"

Yeah, the soundtrack is addictive. As soon as I got out of the theater last Thursday I pulled up the soundtrack from Apple Music. It's been in my regular rotation ever since.

I saw the movie with the Gal Pal last Saturday, marking the second time I saw it. And, yeah, the jokes still hold up on a repeat viewing.

OP
OP
Rvaan

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
"Boom! Pow! Look, I'm a kitty now! Check out my kitty meow!"
"The Star. The Fire. The Live. The Wire. The alien princess in my alien attire. The energy blasts. The supersonic speed. (Is you down with the Titans? Is you down with the Titans? Is you down? Is you down?) Oh the yes indeed!"

Oct 25, 2017
"The Star. The Fire. The Live. The Wire. The alien princess in my alien attire. The energy blasts. The supersonic speed. (Is you down with the Titans? Is you down with the Titans? Is you down? Is you down?) Oh the yes indeed!"
Thats the part stuck in my head the most.

Also i'll never get over Starfire's voice from this or the original, she is just too darn cute.

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
Dumb question, when buying MP3s from Amazon Music is it DRM-free? Can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere on that.

SpecX

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Took my kids to go see this on Sunday and we all enjoyed it. I watched an episode here and there, but the kids really got into the tv series after seeing a trailer for the movie and begged me to take them. Loved all the jokes and it was one of the few movies they sat through without any complaints or squirming in their seats. We're thinking about going to see it again tonight for repeat laughs.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
That was honestly a fantastic movie. Damn funny on its own, and I really liked the references to the running gags from Go. Here's hoping it does well enough to get a sequel.

Also, I still can't get over how great the time travel sequence was. That Crime Alley bit was probably the darkest shit I've ever seen in a kids movie, and it almost had me in tears.

Deleted member 13015

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That was cute, entertaining. Definitely will show my kids to introduce them to DC.

The "you won't annoy me with waffles!" part was so hilarious to me, that annoying bit has gotten stuck in my head since it first aired on the show.

Bleepey

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Drowning Aquaman, giving Martha Wayne a pearl necklace and pushing the Wayne's into Crime Alley, as well as causing the odd bit of genocide is some of the darkest shit I have seen in a kids show. Also the Lion King Homage had me close to tears.

Deleted member 1726

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit!

That was amazing. As a huge BTTF fan I was crying at that whole scene.

Fantastic stuff, the kids loved it too.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
can i watch the movie without the show? Never watched it but i'm kinda curious...

unfortunately it's not in the theater where i live so i'll have to wait for the bluray release

Deleted member 8860

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watched the Blu-ray yesterday by myself and then again today with my three year old (who hasn't cared for TTG in the past).

I'm not sure if this is the most fun theatrical superhero movie of all time, but if not, it's close.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Like I said in the other thread, part of me was glad to have not found a good theater with this on because being allowed to pause and go back to stuff that I could not see because I was in tears laughing was awesome xD

Jan 10, 2018
Finally watched it and gotta echo, holy fuck it was dark at times. I always loved shows and movies where they get shit past the radar, but this was really on a whole different level