• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tortfeasor

Oct 28, 2017
Chicago
Honestly I thought it was great. I took my 10 year old and we both had low expectations. Both of us really loved it and laughed through the whole film.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I dont give a fuck if the revival sucks i just need a few more episodes of ron Perlman voicing slade

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
"He's a National Treasure" is one of my favorite jokes in the movie. It took me about a second and then I couldn't stop laughing.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel it's a teaser for some sort of crossover episode special they're doing for Go, I doubt the original series is ever coming back.
But they did come back
latest

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Superheroes, check it out check check it out.
I was laughing so hard at that scene! The way all the superheroes looked as they were gathering to see Batman and what he had, coupled with the animation style, was too rich!

How are babies made?
Maybe the best ending to a movie ever? It had me in stitches!

The movie was so freaking funny. The Lion King scene, the Stan Lee cameo, and the final line from Robin had my theater is stitches!!!

"He's a National Treasure" is one of my favorite jokes in the movie. It took me about a second and then I couldn't stop laughing.
I remember the line, but I think I missed something. What is it in reference to?

If I had to pick a favorite joke, it was when they accidentally run over the Upbeat Tiger. They gathered on the road to what they hit, talked about it, then Cyborg says "I think his dad is a cop... run!" to end the scene. I can't remember what they said leading up to that joke (I'm awful at remembering movie lines), but I remember cracking up for that, too.

Stan Lee's appearance was fantastic, too! That's too much fun that he was on board with it all.

Oh, and the Crime Alley gag when they go back in time, both when they're breaking the past and fixing it, killed me!

All in all, I loved the film, thought the comedy was perfect, and the music was great! I even played the album for me and Gal Pal's daughter for the ride home. I'm not gonna lie, I want to see it a second time!

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
What was the Stan Lee cameo?
He has a whole scene dedicated to poking fun of his cameos in other movies. He even gets a credit, so I don't think it can even be called a cameo. It was hysterical, though.

Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure he gets a cameo earlier in the film, which was funny in its own right. Then later gets the full-blown scene, which was surprising to me and made it even more fun.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Unmarked spoilers huh?

The Titans pushing Bruce's parents into the alley to be gunned down is messed up, and before that they aimed to kill baby Aquaman.

The Back to the Future reference of getting plutonium could've gone with mentioning the nationality me thinks.

Hilarious & Fun movie overall.

Supes with stache posters and Jonah Rex were neat, there was also a poster or ad for 'Dork Side Tots'.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
The Titans pushing Bruce's parents into the alley to be gunned down is messed up, and before that they aimed to kill baby Aquaman.
But hysterical! I cracked up when Robin put the necklace of pearls around Martha's neck. And then I cracked up even harder when they throw the plastic six-pack holder into the ocean as their way of dealing with Aquaman.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't seen this yet, but telling kids to ask their parents where babies come from is some evil shit and I love it.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I remember the line, but I think I missed something. What is it in reference to?

Nicholas Cage voices Superman. Nicholas Cage was the star of Disney's National Treasure movies.

MV5BMTY3NTc4OTYxMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjk5NzUyMw@@._V1_.jpg

This shit fucking killed me. And Starfire putting the expensive jewelry on Batman's Mom, lmao.

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
The Wayne murders (the two shots off screen while the Titans smiled cracked me up) and running over the tiger were my highlights. "I think his dad's a cop! RUN!"

XeroxKopy

Oct 27, 2017
I never really watched Teen Titans GO! before, but the reviews convinced me to see this. I'm glad I did 'cause it's the hardest I've laughed in a theatre in a long time.

Biggest laughs:
-the Titans going back in time to cause the destruction of Krypton/ the death of the Waynes.
-"ASK YOUR PARENTS WHERE BABIES COME FROM!" Even funnier 'cause I heard a few parents groan. Huge dick move, but I approve.

With all that said, my wife absolutely hated it.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Going to a second viewing of it tonight. I'm confident the humor stands the test of (repeated) time, 'cause I'll think of a joke from the movie and then find myself laughing out loud. For example, the joke below.

"ASK YOUR PARENTS WHERE BABIES COME FROM!" Even funnier 'cause I heard a few parents groan. Huge dick move, but I approve.
It's totally out of left field when he says, it too. He's squabbling with the other Titans, screen starts to shrink, then WHAM! And to punctuate the movie like that? Pure. Comedic. Gold.

With all that said, my wife absolutely hated it.
What's it like being married to someone with no soul?

E_i

Oct 27, 2017
"That's where the Animaniacs live!"
"Where are we going to find Libyans to sell us plutonium at this hour?" In fact that whole Back to the Future sequence is the best part of the movie. When the Titans go back and kill Batman's parents by shoving them into crime alley.[ HA!

And Stan Lee appearing twice had me on the floor

And the after credit's sequence better not be a troll. It probably is.

And what's with the Challengers of the Unknown bits? What obscure superheros.

Also, seeing Shia Lebeouf getting his ass kicked was funny as heck. And seeing the Titans mispronounce his last name, twice...perfection.

I don't get the part where the Titans run over the singing animal as Cyborg says "I think his dad is a cop!"

A_Jazzy_Book

Oct 27, 2017
Just left the theater, saw it with my nephew. Yeah, shit was solid. Both got some hearty laughs from this, especially the Bruce's parents and Baby Aquaman dying gags. First half was better than the second to me, the movie was better when it was hurling a joke a minute. Knowing the show, it felt off how almost genuine the plot was getting. Otherwise, solid stuff, best I've seen of this whole series.

And MAN seeing 2D on the big screen looked and felt oh-so good!

OP
OP
Rvaan

Rvaan

Oct 25, 2017
God I loved this dumb movie. Everything was so good. The animation, the music, the jokes, and all those easter eggs. Sooooo good. Also WB is totally getting in trouble for that baby bit at the end.

Shigs

Oct 31, 2017
Los Angeles
The Batman origina joke is both the darkest and funniest bit I've seen in the movies for awhile. Robin didn't just shove Bruce's parents into crim alley, he slapped a pearl necklace on Martha before shoving her in, then gave two thumbs up to Bruce as they were being shot to death. So fucked up!

Also loved the "Challengers of the Unkown" running gag.

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
Ehh....Just got back from seeing it with my Niece. She loved it as I knew she would, but I was a little disappointed. There were several TV episodes that were way more funny. I did like the Lion king spoof and the Alfred stuff, but those were the highlights.

This just had that extra budget little fluff that Big screen films get, but I was really expecting more. Like freaking Silky. (besides a photo)

Biggest thing out of this was the post credits tease of the original TT's coming back, so that's neat for those who wanted it.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Top bits were

Challengers of the Unknown
Putting the pearls on Martha Wayne and shoving her into the alley
Running over the Michael Bolton cat and going "I THINK HIS DAD IS A COP! RUN!"

Ultimadrago

Oct 25, 2017
You know, it's weird. I was one of the people that cried heresy when Teen Titans Go! was first revealed as a fan of the original.

However, now I've come to really like Teen Titans Go! (though it can get awfully dull at times): I don't really need original Teen Titans back like I wanted so badly in the past.

They serve different purposes obviously, but I would have been okay without any teaser and even now I'm just like "Oh, that's neat." instead of bouncing off walls from the announcement. I honestly have preferred Go! for a while now and just want it to continue.

That said, I'd be there to watch a revival as soon as it aired, of course.

Wingfan19

Layout Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Bothell WA
There's an Easter Egg in this movie which will need to be seen once it hits digital. It's when they're about to show the trailers for the Batman movie and as the camera is looking at the director on stage, there's a ton of text written along the lip of the stage. I couldn't make any of it out cause it goes by too fast.

Master Milk

Oct 25, 2017
movie was pretty funny, it didn't go as far as it could have, but hopefully it does well enough for another that they feel more comfortable really pushing the boundaries with

i'm holding out no hope for a sixth season of the other show

Bonus episode included with the Lego game pack.

it's kind of weird that they go out of their way to call them "building blocks" the entire episode, i can understand why, if the license is timed or something, but still weird

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
So the movie was great... but I don't see anyone talking about Lauren Faust's batgirl short at the opening.

I'm guessing because we all agree it was pretty lackluster at best

Deleted member 28076

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
So the movie was great... but I don't see anyone talking about Lauren Faust's batgirl short at the opening.

I mean... there were no jokes in it. I don't think there was a single moment that was meant to be genuinely funny so much as it just generally had an upbeat attitude.

Oct 25, 2017

Is it actually intended to be "Super Hero" Girls this time around?

Unlike Forces of Destiny I felt it was too far removed from anything to actually be enjoyable(as someone clearly outside its demographic)

cHaotix

Oct 25, 2017
Saw it last night with my little brother. Can't remember the last time I laughed this much in a theater! One of our favorite scenes was the Batman vs Superman reenactment where they realize both their mothers names was Martha but then start fighting again because their Father's names weren't also the same. Taping over a Young Justice VHS to record Robin's movie. Just a constant stream of jokes and gags for DC fans.

It'll be interesting to see if we'll get a season six of the original series after this. I wouldn't be too bummed if it didn't happen, since we DO have Young Justice Season 3 in the works already. This weekend's box office numbers doesn't do this film justice.

JSevere

Oct 25, 2017
Shame the credits scene seems to be overshadowing the actual movie, because this was such a blast. Fun, colorful, an endless barrage of references and jokes that legit had me in tears. Utility Belt: The Movie, the time-traveling subplot, Shia LaBeouf, Stan Lee's cameos, the bits where they had to distract Superman, etc etc. Not to mention the scenes were they got creative and changed up the animation styles, as well as the musical numbers with songs that were actually really catchy. Haven't seen too much of the show (though I have enjoyed what I've caught of it) but I have to imagine this is one of the best TV to big screen adaptations in awhile.

The main feature combined with Lauren Faust's DC Super Hero Girls short (which didn't have to a lot to it, but looked gorgeous on the big screen with some great art and those wide shots) and the new Warner Bros. Animation logo with Daffy Duck by the team behind the upcoming Looney Tunes shorts just made this feel like a big community effort from everyone at WBA and a last hurrah for theatrical 2D animation from a major American studio. A treat all around.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Teen Titans Go! has always been subversively dark, but holy shit at slapping a pearl necklace around Martha Wayne's neck before shoving them down Crime Alley.
I agree stupidly dark. That and the Plastic Rings and Aquaman.

Let's also talk about "Wearing" plastic man for a dress.

Komarkaze

Oct 27, 2017
Saw it yesterday with wife and kids. We all thought it was insanely funny. Everything was very well written, with a lot of good songs. My wife, who has never watched Teen Titans or Go thought it was excellent. More people need to see this movie.

Slaaaaddee!!!!