• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Frankly if I was busting my ass day and night doing my fucking best with a team of like-minded artists to make a funny, entertaining show for kids (and clearly succeeding by pretty much all metrics) I'd probably blow off some steam dissing the neckbeards frothing at the mouth about how this isn't their show too.

And I say that as a fan of the OG Teen Titans lol. I'll be tuning in to the next season.

The original Teen Titans is the epitome of that Tom the Dancing Bug comic of "Everything Was Better When You Were 12"

I agree (I find the show alright), which just sorta makes it weird that people who seemingly hate Go and love the original show seemingly forget how goofy and silly the original show was.

Like Go didn't come out of now where.

Frankly if I was busting my ass day and night doing my fucking best with a team of like-minded artists to make a funny, entertaining show for kids (and clearly succeeding by pretty much all metrics) I'd probably blow off some steam dissing the neckbeards frothing at the mouth about how this isn't their show too.

And I say that as a fan of the OG Teen Titans lol. I'll be tuning in to the next season.

Pretty much got to hand it to the crew, I don't think even they saw Go becoming the most popular show ever on the network.

Give the kudos they can get pretty creative and usually get a laugh from me.

Deleted member 15125

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The original Teen Titans is the epitome of that Tom the Dancing Bug comic of "Everything Was Better When You Were 12"

Are you not the Matt Wilson who defended Teen Titans 03 on Toonzone against the relentlessly bland Justice League? >_>

I agree (I find the show alright), which just sorta makes it weird that people who seemingly hate Go and love the original show seemingly forget how goofy and silly the original show was.

The original Teen Titans had better comedy episodes than Go and the characters were not awful sociopaths.

MattWilsonCSS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Like Go didn't come out of now where.
Yeah. The original show always had that Trigun-esque split personality of intense seriousness and zany comedy, and that divide got more and more exaggerated as the show went on. It had a ton of episodes that were wacky, and TTG adapted a couple of them like the episode where Beast Boy got a job.

TTG has a firmer grasp of its identity than the original show ever did. Doesn't help that near the end of TT they tried to mimic Justice League Unlimited and introduce characters no kid would ever care about.

Are you not the Matt Wilson who defended Teen Titans 03 on Toonzone against the relentlessly bland Justice League? >_>
I mean that was 15 years ago so you have quite a memory on you (wouldn't that also kind of prove my point about rose-tinted opinions from when you were younger?), but Justice League did get a LOT better in its second season. Contrasted against the first season, TT03 was more energetic and charismatic. But JLU was more fun than TT S5 and had more fun with the source material. Although once that show brought in the Legion of Doom I mentally checked out.

Also, Robin is a mega sociopath in the original Teen Titans to the point where he Fight Clubs himself. Like, the whole Red X thing was detached as fuck.

Last edited:

Deleted member 15125

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That's not to say that the original show didn't have seriously bad writing at times. Cyborg beating Brother Blood in seconds is maybe the laziest ending ever.

And oh God, Trouble in Tokyo was such a bland, shitty way to end the show.

Deleted member 15125

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
(wouldn't that also kind of prove my point about rose-tinted opinions from when you were younger?

I didn't even think the writing of the '03 show was that great or even good when it was first airing, but the fight scenes, charm, and very good voice acting kept me watching. Birthmark is still unlike anything I've ever seen in Western animation.

Go is just boring, hyperactive nonsense. It reminds me of the worst Invader ZIM episodes like Gaz, Taster of Pork where the writers just seemed to be making it up as they go along.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even think the writing of the '03 show was that great or even good when it was first airing, but the fight scenes, charm, and very good voice acting kept me watching. Birthmark is still unlike anything I've ever seen in Western animation.

Go is just boring, hyperactive nonsense. It reminds me of the worst Invader ZIM episodes like Gaz, Taster of Pork where the writers just seemed to be making it up as they go along.
Well the kids seem to love it so maybe you can just watch different shows?

Deleted member 28076

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Hot take: Terra was a bad character and most of the '03 show's dramatic moments were melodramatic sappy garbage.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Nah, I was a member of a Teen Titans 03 fansite back in 2003-2006 and the show had plenty of college aged fans. I was in high school myself when it started and a freshman in college when it ended.
Still around the teen age and probably the same demographic that was into anime. I see more comic book heads talk positive about GO than the OG series. Not a lot of them seem to remember the OG series.

Dale Copper

Apr 12, 2018
User Warned: Hostility towards another user
Kenji seem like one of those neckbearded complainers now doesn't he.

Winston1

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
That's...interesting. I personally think that the original show really should have just ended at Season 4. But if this revival manages to be a lot better than Season 5 than I guess I'll have something to be grateful about with TTG.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope not. Bring em into Young Justice Season 4 please, the characters were always better than the actual show they were in.

Oct 25, 2017
Uh okay? What do you think he's doing? Lol. GO fans are the OG whiners.

Anyway this is probably for that new DC Universe thing, which I admit has piqued my interest. I want to see all these animated shows again.
The only time I ever see whining about any Teen Titans show it's an OG fan bitching about GO so maybe I just browse the wrong social media?? Idk what to tell you.

I was uninterested in GO 5 years ago so I didn't watch it. I don't understand how people can stay angry for 5 fucking years when it was clear from the first second that it was not and would never be OG Teen Titans. Especially when it's overwhelmingly successful and well liked.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, DC has had so many different Teen Titans teams that going back to the OGs seems kind of safe. Why not make a new show with Damian's new team?

Ref6UnJ.jpg

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
Hot take: Terra was a bad character and most of the '03 show's dramatic moments were melodramatic sappy garbage.
I was never a big fan or Terra either and wondered what the fuss was all about her being so talked about.

As for her "ending", I felt I was the only one who understood it with so many saying they didn't know. To me at least,
Terra is throwing away her past life and self willingly because she has a chance at living a "normal" life. IIRC her life was not a good one and while she had fun times with the Titans and Beast Boy, it wasn't enough. So being given a chance to forge a brand new life with a new family was the best route for her. Correct me if I'm wrong but Slade pretty much spells it out for everyone.

At least, that's what it felt like to me.

Last edited:

TinfoilHatsROn

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only time I ever see whining about any Teen Titans show it's an OG fan bitching about GO so maybe I just browse the wrong social media?? Idk what to tell you.

I was uninterested in GO 5 years ago so I didn't watch it. I don't understand how people can stay angry for 5 fucking years when it was clear from the first second that it was not and would never be OG Teen Titans. Especially when it's overwhelmingly successful and well liked.
Certainly not on this page. Sheesh. We can agree that caring so much over a children's cartoon show, whether for or against, is delusional.

Kenji seem like one of those neckbearded complainers now doesn't he.
Yikes. Are these the adult fans? Lol.

Last edited:

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
I was never a big fan either and wondered what the fuss was all about her being so talked about.

As for her "ending", I felt I was the only one who understood it with so many saying they didn't know. To me at least,
Terra is throwing away her past life and self willingly because she has a chance at living a "normal" life. IIRC her life was not a good one and while she had fun times with the Titans and Beast Boy, it wasn't enough. So being given a chance to forge a brand new life with a new family was the best route for her. Correct me if I'm wrong but Slade pretty much spells it out for everyone.

At least, that's what it felt like to me.
It wouldn't feel right to bring her back considering the final episode tells you she feels right where she belongs.

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
I give TTGo plenty of credit for being the only show out there teaching kids the stuff that actually matters.

Monkey D.

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
watched Teen Titans Go for the first time a couple of days ago and DAMN i love it. The humor is reminding me of the good old times with animaniacs, power puff girls etc.( the adult jokes that kids dont get were strong in that episode i watched lol)

Beast boy was all over ravens strong legs . She was called Lady legasus. gonna start from episode one. Cant wait.

CGiRanger

Oct 25, 2017
It wouldn't feel right to bring her back considering the final episode tells you she feels right where she belongs.
Yeah, I mean granted all that only transpired in the "series finale" (which I guess may not be one anymore if this is true), but they went out of their way to explain that this was her choice full and without reservation, or rather, any little reservation was not good enough to lose what she had found. Not that they can't bring her back in some form, but one would like to hope they'll be as convincing in any change of heart as they were for this. And that includes not doing the "nope, she was brainwashed!" route.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
TTG has a firmer grasp of its identity than the original show ever did. Doesn't help that near the end of TT they tried to mimic Justice League Unlimited and introduce characters no kid would ever care about.

I don't think there s problem with a show going from goofy to serious. You had your plot episodes and you had your "filler" episodes. I think it worked fine.

Also I loved that season of TT and I liked getting to meet a bunch of new characters. I thought it was cool.

rstzkpf

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The original show was one of my favorites when I was a kid. It'd be great if they brought it back!

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Young Justice coming back, OG Teen Titans coming back...

... DC Animated seems to be doing quite well lately.

MrBadger

Oct 27, 2017
It's not that the show trolls people. It's the way Warner Bros/CN went about making Teen Titans Go. They made it seem like NO ONE wanted a new season of Teen Titans thus pissing the fanbase off. And then everything kinda spun out of that.

Did Teen Titans have good ratings when it was cancelled? Based on nothing, I'm assuming that GO was way more popular, and the success of the show is why TT might get a Season 6

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile
The only instance of actual trolling in TTGo I can think of is the episode "The Return of Slade", where the episode was advertised as the titans finally facing and fighting Slade, building up the fact Slade was finally going to show up in the series and...

Well, see for yourselves...

Oct 25, 2017
It's not that the show trolls people. It's the way Warner Bros/CN went about making Teen Titans Go. They made it seem like NO ONE wanted a new season of Teen Titans thus pissing the fanbase off. And then everything kinda spun out of that.
Teen Titans was over for 8 years at that point, Young Justice was literally cancelled around that same time for the exact same reason the Original Titans ended(fanbase had become too old for Cartoon Network according to them).

Teen Titans had comedic shorts during Young Justice and Green Lantern that were extremely popular and hit the demographic Cartoon Network wanted which is why they jumped on Go.

Did Teen Titans have good ratings when it was cancelled? Based on nothing, I'm assuming that GO was way more popular, and the success of the show is why TT might get a Season 6
It was very popular, however by the end the audience aged out of the demographic Cartoon Network wanted.
It like Young Justice later were much older focused which CN saw as a problem trying to get kids in.
They didn't think another season was worth it.

Cartoon Network is ridiculous with their demographics though, like Young Justice being popular with girls was a negative in their eyes for whatever reason.

Last edited:

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I should probably start watching this regularly. I was admittedly peeved at GO coming off of OG Titans, but everything I've seen from GO is quality television brehs

Oct 27, 2017
Inland Empire
Teen Titans was over for 8 years at that point, Young Justice was literally cancelled around that same time for the exact same reason the Original Titans ended(fanbase had become too old for Cartoon Network according to them).

Teen Titans had comedic shorts during Young Justice and Green Lantern that were extremely popular and hit the demographic Cartoon Network wanted which is why they jumped on Go.

It was very popular, however by the end the audience aged out of the demographic Cartoon Network wanted.
It like Young Justice later were much older focused which CN saw as a problem trying to get kids in.
They didn't think another season was worth it.

Cartoon Network is ridiculous with their demographics though, like Young Justice being popular with girls was a negative in their eyes for whatever reason.
Cartoon Network didn't like that the Young Justice cartoon didn't sell toys. Or not enough toys were sold(I think I remember reading something about Cartoon Network saying girls dont buy action figures). I guess with Teen Titans Go. they sell a shitload of toys.

Oct 25, 2017
Cartoon Network didn't like that the Young Justice cartoon didn't sell toys. Or not enough toys were sold(I think I remember reading something about Cartoon Network saying girls dont buy action figures). I guess with Teen Titans Go. they sell a shitload of toys.
Toys issues came down on both CN and Mattel.
Mattel because the mass line was crap, people(adults) didn't like the collector line being cartoon aesthetic and all you could ever find of anything was Kid Flash pegwarming(and yet Mattel made like 4+ versions of him.)

CN because they decide to show the first 2 episodes on like Thanksgiving(late November) and then took a break till the end of January.
It put the toy merchandise in a really bad spot.

Akira86

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. The original show always had that Trigun-esque split personality of intense seriousness and zany comedy, and that divide got more and more exaggerated as the show went on. It had a ton of episodes that were wacky, and TTG adapted a couple of them like the episode where Beast Boy got a job.

I mean that was 15 years ago so you have quite a memory on you (wouldn't that also kind of prove my point about rose-tinted opinions from when you were younger?), but Justice League did get a LOT better in its second season. Contrasted against the first season, TT03 was more energetic and charismatic. But JLU was more fun than TT S5 and had more fun with the source material. Although once that show brought in the Legion of Doom I mentally checked out.

Also, Robin is a mega sociopath in the original Teen Titans to the point where he Fight Clubs himself. Like, the whole Red X thing was detached as fuck.

maybe you're just an old fuddy-duddy.

OldFuddyDuddy.jpg