• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
yea

giphy.gif

Tace

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
The Rapscallion
The old school Titans look weird. Didn't see them talking much in the trailer...they'll probably take a back seat to the GO! Versions

*sigh*

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Looks like another labor of love ...like every Teen Titans GO stuff.

....i hope it has a cameo from the Titans live action show xD

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
With this, it shows the OG teen titans could come back
So why is teen titans go a thing?
Because...

Even if they revived the original TT, Go will never go away. It's cheap to produce and brings in the audiences and even it's toy line did better than the OG's.
Something the OT TT fandom has never learned to accept is the fact that the Go audience is much larger, and more willing to put down cash into toys, which is absolutely necessary for a big budget cartoon in the US anymore. TV audience viewing is not enough to carry big budget animation on network TV. The secondary revenue has to be there.

DC Universe was supposed to side step this issue with it's own subscription to pay for all of the live action and animated shows, but it's dubious whether that model can be sustained either.

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
And for those of you wondering if the TTG production is actually less expensive... the answer is per episode, yes. But overall, they got a higher budget than the original TT series.

It's why over the course of the same 5 seasons TTG has produced 247, 11 minute episodes, over the originals 65, 22 minute long episodes. Even considering run time difference, TTG will have produced twice as much actual content in the same time frame.

It's kind of crazy that TTG is putting out a new episode nearly every week (and generally if they fall behind they release a chunk of episodes on a nightly basis to catch back up) at a rate surpassing even South Park.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Teen Titans can come back when they put out a banger

JG_Lionheart

Dec 3, 2018
Man, this looks awesome. I hate to sound this old but TTG was my 6 year old's introduction to the Titans and adooores the show. It still floors me that she knows who Darkseid, Brother Blood and Slade are at her age lol.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to watching this one with her.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Teen Titans can come back when they put out a banger

I could watch a whole season of that artstyle and the 80s inspired music to back it up.

EDIT:
Man, this looks awesome. I hate to sound this old but TTG was my 6 year old's introduction to the Titans and adooores the show. It still floors me that she knows who Darkseid, Brother Blood and Slade are at her age lol.

Weird Al Darksied is a treat to this world.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
That looks great, can't wait.
And that Titans Go style of animation actually looks so much better than the usual DC animated movies tend to, heh.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

if it wasn't for TTG, we probably wouldn't have gotten so much TT stuff. there's a number of Teen Titans YA comics coming out soon

BLOODED_hands

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in. TT GO is funny as fuck for me. This means I'm going to need to watch the first movie before I dive into this.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Is this the part where we pretend TTGo! Is better than the 2003 series? Because that's something we're NOT gonna do

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ehh, is it just me or do the OG Teen Titans not seem animated the same way they were before?

The character designs seem right but they dont move/animate like I remember.

Deleted member 15125

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Teen Titans 2003 was an extremely flawed show, but its comedy episodes were still more amusing and inventive than anything I've seen from Go.

RedHoodedOwl

Nov 3, 2017
The 2K3 Teen Titans wasn't a serious action show. They had their fair share of silly and comedic episodes.

Aine

May 27, 2019
Amazing how a silly little spin-off show manages to still piss people off, so many years later.