• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Cordy

Oct 25, 2017
Tekken-7-Charas_12-02-18.jpg

Shown today at the T7 World Tour we have Craig Marduk, Armor King and Julia Chang announced. Craig and Armor King drops today on 12/3 while Julia drops at a later date.

Also they announced Tekken 7's now up to 3.6M copies sold.

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Well deserved. Crazy announcement from them and I appreciate that they made the Tekken World Tour Finals happen in Europe so that they can foster talent from various scenes. That's more than I can say than many other competitive tours.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
I want most of these season pass characters. Especially Armor King!
Shoulda been there day 1.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Crazy announcement. Not really a fan of Marduk as a pick but I bought Armour King as soon as he went up. Julia looks good as well though I noticed she's back to her eco-warrior design which she wasn't had since Tekken 4, which is interesting.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty excited for these characters. Negan though would've been so much better in Mortal Kombat. His style just doesn't fit Tekken and you can't even enjoy Lucille due to it.

Tpallidum

Oct 28, 2017
I'm hyped and I don't even play.

I quit after I couldn't get that stupid dashing technique down.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Excited for all the newly announced characters. Especially Marduk and Armored King. Looks like it's time to dust off my stick.

danmaku

Nov 5, 2017
Wow, Julia looks amazing. Glad to see some familiar faces back but... this is it? The whole season is "just" old characters (aside from Negan)?

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
That Armor King outfit is insane. This game just keeps on giving, glad they've been supporting it for so long.

lazzlyb

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
For a second during the stream I thought we're going to get Kunimitsu, when Marduk said "I'm gonna rip that mask off your bruised face!", but turns out I didn't get my wish granted this time. I'm still quite happy with the new characters. It seems that people got what they wanted, and I think that's what matters most. Maybe we'll get Kuni next time!

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't to big on Julia's design at first but kinda like it now. The outfit looks a bit weird ingame her render is great

Also

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For those confused as to why Julia has changed designs, this was the last time she didn't have a Native American style outfit as her default look:

q1re4fi70bh11.jpg

So this isn't the first time this has happened.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
For those confused as to why Julia has changed designs, this was the last time she didn't have a Native American style outfit as her default look:

q1re4fi70bh11.jpg

So this isn't the first time this has happened.
She usually has some visible item that calls back to her Native American roots. Her new outfit doesn't have any of that. Personally I don't have a problem with her new look. She does come off as a little younger.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018
It might pass 4 million at some point then!

I really want a re-release with all DLC on disc next year.

Twitter reaction from Julia being turned into a streamer was hilarious. Wish the forum was online at the time lol.

It's a very Tekken thing to do.

For a second during the stream I thought we're going to get Kunimitsu, when Marduk said "I'm gonna rip that mask off your bruised face!"

I wish we'd gotten Kunimitsu instead of Marduk.

Negan though would've been so much better in Mortal Kombat. His style just doesn't fit Tekken and you can't even enjoy Lucille due to it.

Negan is probably the most stupid guest character so far. He's a bit too realistic and grim. Like you said, a better fit for Mortal Kombat.

Didn't she become a Pro Wrestler in Tekken Tag Tournament 2? I've only played Tekken 3, but fighting game lore sure gets weird.

The Tag games aren't canon.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the tournament as it happened, it was evident the announcements made regular and professional players very happy. I think all three characters look great. Julia's new design is more culturally sensitive than the old. Her roots remain the same, even if her outfit does not hit you on the head with them anymore.

Seijuro

Oct 25, 2017
Probably gonna get the season pass now for Armor King, Marduk and Julia. Little bummed that we didn't get Julia as Jaycee, but I like her redesign.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Watching the tournament as it happened, it was evident the announcements made regular and professional players very happy. I think all three characters look great. Julia's new design is more culturally sensitive than the old. Her roots remain the same, even if her outfit does not hit you on the head with them anymore.

Julia will probably have her classic outfit as an alt

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
I could not care less about Negan but I appreciate that he is not another meter focused or teleporting character. Julia has always been one of my favorites and I am happy with Lei so I guess the season is a success for me... kinda.

Hoping for a more exciting season 3 if we even get one. I am not the biggest fan of the game personally but I am happy it is as successful as it has been.

Deleted member 1102

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She usually has some visible item that calls back to her Native American roots. Her new outfit doesn't have any of that. Personally I'm don't have a problem with her new look. She does come off as a little younger.

You're right, I just noticed she does have some NA themes on her T4 design. It's a shame that there's nothing on this design but like others have said at least she'll have it as an alt.

I'm wondering if Julia will have a Jaycee costume.

I totally think she will tbh

Aug 26, 2018
日本
I definitely didn't think Craig and A.King were gonna make it because they basically would have to come as a pair and there were some of people on the list that people wanted, but...welp. There ya go.

Also, hopefully they didn't fuck up Julia's character that much...

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Armoured King's my old main and he looks the best he's ever looked but I still don't feel great about having to pay for character I was told I wouldn't need to pay for.

aisback

Oct 27, 2017
While I I did love the story mode I wish the game had a proper arcade mode with the silly endings.

It's always good to see armour king :)

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
Looks like the patch dropped and they've changed balance stuff and even the HUD (health bar)