• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I don't mind Negan being in but he looks really bad.
He looks like he's from a PS3 game

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
There's something funny about Julia broadcasting her matches to the masses. It's all good until she hears a donation message read aloud as King catches her in an RDC.

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Negan is truly one of the most unfitting fighting game guest characters I can think of. He looks terrible, he doesn't fit the Tekken story or aesthetic, and The Walking Dead hasn't been relevant in years. He just comes across as an out of touch misfire -- a massive swing and a miss.

I feel the pretty much same way. I thought it was an awful fit when announced and this trailer further solidified this.
but Darth Vader and Yoda are up there for worst fit for me as well.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Julia costumes
DLC8_Julia8_1550482633.png

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...7-julia-chang-negan-gameplay-screenshots.html

Pretty cool. No Jaycee costume is a bit disappointing though.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Julia's new design is great.

Negan is low effort because he's a throwaway character that will most likely never appear in the series again.

Tbh I'm surprised at the amount of effort they put into Akuma, Geese etc , it's like they expect to be able to use them in future games.

Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I'm surprised at the amount of effort they put into Akuma, Geese etc , it's like they expect to be able to use them in future games.

I think Geese is a keeper in the next Tekken personally. SNK seem pretty open to having dlc guest characters appear in sequels (eg Mai in DOA) and Geese players are getting regular Top 8 placing as a main or a sub: http://rank.shoryuken.com/rankings/tournaments/T7

This could just be wishful thinking on my part though. I really enjoy playing Geese and players like Trungy, Pekos and Chikurin are so entertaining to watch.

I think Akuma, Noctis and Negan are a bit more of an open question. I would say Akuma is the next most likely to return with the other two having very long odds. I think there is a strong possibility that we'll see more SF, SNK and other 2D characters in the future.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
I agree that it would be a monumental waste of resources to not use Geese in the next games. The work they did on him (and his stage) is phenomenal, and he feels much more "grounded" than Akuma and Eliza as a 2d newcomer.

They can do whatever with Noctis, some people may like him, but I HATE fighting against him ah ah ah.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Star Wars characters in SCIV made me irrationally mad. That game had so many wasted roster spots.

The French community hated the Star Wars chars so match they banned them just for being stupid.

Bryan is campy BTW- there's a reason Bryan's NJPW co-promotion was Kenny Omega. (Where's my LIJ Crossover stuff for Soul Calibur!)

Deleted member 11421

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to buying/obtaining as many oddball costume pieces for Julia as possible to eliminate the existing oddball getup right away.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
8icGPNz.jpg

I like the color choice, but the execution coulda been tweaked.

Don't really see the issue.

Jacket, midriff shirt, double zipper sweatshirt, hot pants, a pouch with a fixation on her thigh so it doesn't flap around, some boots with part of the upper part turned down.

Its turning a basic outfit into something more stylish with some creativity

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
Julia looks fun, i might come back to the game since its been a while...when i take a break from the game i find it way easier to learn new characters.

Also 476k views for the trailer!

Rendering...

Oct 30, 2017
Negan is truly one of the most unfitting fighting game guest characters I can think of. He looks terrible, he doesn't fit the Tekken story or aesthetic, and The Walking Dead hasn't been relevant in years. He just comes across as an out of touch misfire -- a massive swing and a miss.
Absolutely. I'm not into him at all.