• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

packy17

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
To truly see what XB1X owners are complaining about you need to see this.

Click here to see an overlay comparison

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/115121

XB

PC

The X1X should at the very least have parity with the PS4 Pro version. It really doesn't make sense that "it's too complicated." It's all x86 hardware.

Jesus I had no idea it was this bad. I have the PC version and just kind of assumed all versions were more or less the same, at least at 1080p.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If they put the work in I'm there day one! I'm sure many others would be too. I own it on PC, but being able to play on my couch with my arcade stick would be a big get for me. It's down to you BN.

FluffyQuack

Nov 27, 2017
Just look at Noctis hair:

wosu0mhl22n01.jpg

It's a crime against humanity.

It looks like this on PC: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/106750488367673344/476294179060842496/20180320194156_1.jpg

So that's not a problem specifically with the Xbox One version. Namco must have forgotten to wear their glasses when finishing up work on the Noctis model.

Remo Williams

Self-requested ban
Banned
Jan 13, 2018
How big is the xbox T7 playerbase? It's probably not worth it for Namco to waste those resources at this point.

It would definitely grow after the patch. I'm one of those people who are interested in it, but reluctant to buy it due to all the complaints.

They could also put it on Game Pass.

akilshohen

Dec 8, 2017
The load times are rediculous. I bought the edition with the season pass and have barely played it because the load times are nearly 40 seconds. I really want a refund but I keep hoping that they make a patch to fix it.

RagingAvatar

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester
I bought Tekken 7 on Xbox because I wanted to try and get into Tekken.
When I saw the game I felt like I had been robbed and didn't want to go back to the game.

Oct 25, 2017
I think if a publisher is continuing to sell new season passes developers should make the effort to ensure their games provide decent support for XB1X and PS4 Pro.

I can follow Harada's view that it isn't a trivial piece of work to carry out, but at this point in the console generation we should be seeing more efforts made to ensure games can support the higher spec hardware.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
To truly see what XB1X owners are complaining about you need to see this.

Click here to see an overlay comparison

http://screenshotcomparison.com/comparison/115121

XB

PC

The X1X should at the very least have parity with the PS4 Pro version. It really doesn't make sense that "it's too complicated." It's all x86 hardware.

tenor.gif

This doesn't bode well for Soul Calibur 6 on Xbox One. The X will get a patch this time, but for base One owners I'm worried.

Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
I remember when Harass was against DLC fighters. Now he'll nickel and dime players and not even fix the game. Scamco at their finest.

peepers

Dec 10, 2017
Biscay
I wish the Xbox team had a dedicated team for cases like these. UE4 is known to MS Studios and the Tekken devs could use some help if the workload is so significant.

chrisypoo

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like it'll definitely get an update now that the season 2 pass has been announced. I mean I guess it might not, but it just seems crazy to not update when you've guaranteed much longer support for the game than initially anticipated among multiple platforms. I don't think any of us really expected the Battlefield 1 update, but it just kind of popped up; I bet the same will more than likely happen for the Tekken patch.

Bobsworth

Jan 22, 2018
I don't even want native 4K. Just a small resolution boost to make it less blurry would be great. Hopefully they'll get things sorted for Soul Calibur VI.

Buckley

Banned
Nov 20, 2017
It would definitely grow after the patch. I'm one of those people who are interested in it, but reluctant to buy it due to all the complaints.

They could also put it on Game Pass.
That makes sense, especially if they want to sell the season passes. Fighting game communities are so small a lot of the time I was kinda wondering how big T7 is on xbox or ps4 for that matter.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I bought it this weekend in anticipation for S2. On PC, Xbox was never an option due to resolution.

It's a strange game in regards to requirements. You would say there's no way a fighting game us CPU-bound but it performs so much better on PC even with comparable hardware to the upgraded consoles. PS4 Pro being 1080p only is ridiculous.

Playsage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still baffled that One X still hasn't got a patch that at least would put that version at parity with PS4 Pro

The game was even on Microsoft E3 stage, ffs

Fix this shit

OP
OP
oneida

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I feel like it'll definitely get an update now that the season 2 pass has been announced. I mean I guess it might not, but it just seems crazy to not update when you've guaranteed much longer support for the game than initially anticipated among multiple platforms. I don't think any of us really expected the Battlefield 1 update, but it just kind of popped up; I bet the same will more than likely happen for the Tekken patch.
it's not impossible- RE7 was patched over a year after launch and Prey was patched when the new DLC dropped. But I'm not going to get my hopes up, given Harada's messaging. Would be nice though, the game is good. It should look good too.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
If they patched it, I'd immediately buy the first season pass, and likely the second. The game is so much of what I like (hence why I bought it originally), but I consider this lackluster support on Namco's part. I understand there are serious technical challenges underpinning the decision but I can't pretend it's fine, given how poorly it utilizes the platform.

The reason for devs to support mid gen console is actually quite simple . People who own Xbox One X are the one who are willing to pay extra for premium experiences. In theory (and I believe in practice), they are also the ones will are willing to pay extra for the definitive experience of any game. Basically, these people are more likely to buy season passes if a game offers premium experience to them. Some of them buy old game just because the old ones got Xbox One X enhanced. We see that in all the "what games could showcase the power of X" posts. So if your games looks ugly compared with other games in the same genre, your games are less likely to capture these premium customers.

I think Phil used this logic when someone asked a similar question during past E3.

Bingo.

DrDeckard

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
UK
If they patched it, I'd immediately buy the first season pass, and likely the second. The game is so much of what I like (hence why I bought it originally), but I consider this lackluster support on Namco's part. I understand there are serious technical challenges underpinning the decision but I can't pretend it's fine, given how poorly it utilizes the platform.

Bingo.

My thoughts exactly! Look at the insane magic microsoft has managed to pull off with the original xbox and 360 emulation! We need some MS ninjas to step in and help NB.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
They've done an Unreal Engine update once before on PS4 to help with input lag. It was apparently a pretty tough undertaking on their part. SE has also mentioned that the UE version discrepancies were an issue with backporting DQXI improvements for the Switch version. It's not an easy thing to patch at all.

Add to that the XB1 version of Tekken almost certainly has a much smaller install base than the PS4 version - it was already a heavily PS leaning franchise, even last gen - and XB1 isn't the competitive platform of choice. Add all that together and it's probably too prohibitive to put the time/money/resources into updating it.

I hope S2 changes that but I don't think Harada's giving an invalid excuse by saying it's hard to patch UE, we know that's true.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I hope S2 changes that but I don't think Harada's giving an invalid excuse by saying it's hard to patch UE, we know that's true.

Potentially breaking everything that's already in place, and no matter what, requiring a complete re-test of the whole game. Yeah, it's understandably rough.

OP
OP
oneida

oneida

Banned
Oct 29, 2017

well, we're days away from some kinda patch on XB1. I'm not expecting it'll be anything but S2 balance changes, though.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It's 1440p on ps4 pro ,right ?

But even online goes back to 1080p if I m not mistaken on pro .

So it's not so much better on pro

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Sucks that they haven't released an X patch for Tekken Xbox One. It looks like absolute ass. I play on PC but feel bad for X owners with it.

LuckyLinus

Jun 1, 2018
Just installed this from Gamepass and jesus it looks horrible on the X. Its extremely hard to believe that its a current gen game.

Xbox shouldve spent their money on something else to get on gamepass.

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
This is where consoles really do totally suck. It's all very well having Pro/X etc but you're totally reliant on the game getting a patch, unlike PC where you can run it at any resolution you like. So many awesome games this gen still without Pro or X patches. And yeah Bloodborne you low resolution aliased mess of a good OLED, I'm looking at you.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017

IneptEMP

Jan 14, 2019
Tekken 7 feels like such an afterthought on Xbox. It's already annoying that past Tekken soundtracks are exclusive to PS4 when they were available for TTT2 on 360.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
That and the load times made me skip out on TK7, soul cal looks good but the load times were too long to be enjoyable.