• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 27, 2017
Tiny bugfix patch just went up.
2pDQdRZ.jpg

https://d1vtv52f4vjbmu.cloudfront.net/games/tekken/tekken-7/t7_patch2-02_changelist.pdf

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lol, "neck at weird angle" "direction of the eyes". Fix stage teleporting close to walls maybe? Nah, that's not important.

Wonder if it's possible for them to implement standby matchmaking from SC6. I'd rather wait in lab while searching for a match.

Probably not gonna happen because they'd have to rework the system.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017

the first guy i play is p good every time i play dude he's incrementally better, soon, maybe within a month he'll start giving me a run for my money

the second guy is also good and is a lei main from tekken 5, so if you want to see some high level lei play, it's here

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally.

6iTq35h.gif

I worked so hard on Kaz lately, I ignored every other game, every other character. Spent countless hours watching match videos and making notes. Surfing between Destroyer and Overlord many times, demoted, promoted, demoted, fell from overlord to vanquisher. But I kept fighting, even cowards who I gave 5-6 rematches and they run after 1 loss. Until I build solid enough confidence to make solid reads on any opponent. Phew. It's so hard to play this version of Kaz for me, very bare bones but I still love the character. I would've gotten genbu way easier with Paul I think, but I wanted the most difficult character for me to get it first.

EksOvQd.gif

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This dude is making pretty good tekken videos.

Top moves for missing characters that could end up as dlc.

Imo I'm 90% sure it's gonna be JayCee, Armor King and Ganryu.

My poor Baek.....><

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Namco's probably looking at that League of Legends music pop video and wondering where they went wrong to go for Snoop Dogg.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
OXmzqLv.gif

Again Sasuke's brother wiped the floor with me. GGs. I panic and freeze so much against him and play so, so stupid. He plays perfectly. I need to develop "relaxed" playstyle and stop thinking about 125 things that could happen per second. Just "turn off".

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
OXmzqLv.gif

Again Sasuke's brother wiped the floor with me. GGs. I panic and freeze so much against him and play so, so stupid. He plays perfectly. I need to develop "relaxed" playstyle and stop thinking about 125 things that could happen per second. Just "turn off".

From what I've seen when I watched a few matches (he was playing Steve, you were playing Kaz):
You should definitely backdash more in order to get out of his pressure. You rely on duckjabs way too much. The moment he noticed that he started adjusting and used a lot more mids and high crushing moves in certain situations.
You were also whiffing a lot. You won't eat a launcher in most cases since Steve has sonic fang for whiff punishing, but once my brother started feeling himself he began whiff punishing you with shoryukens. Those hurt. A lot.
You go all in. That's your style. I wouldn't try developing a new style, but sometimes you need to back off a little and try to make your opponent whiff. Trying to interrupt or fishing for counterhits won't work against my brother in most cases. Especially when he plays Steve.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
From what I've seen when I watched a few matches (he was playing Steve, you were playing Kaz):
You should definitely backdash more in order to get out of his pressure. You rely on duckjabs way too much. The moment he noticed that he started adjusting and used a lot more mids and high crushing moves in certain situations.
You were also whiffing a lot. You won't eat a launcher in most cases since Steve has sonic fang for whiff punishing, but once my brother started feeling himself he began whiff punishing you with shoryukens. Those hurt. A lot.
You go all in. That's your style. I wouldn't try developing a new style, but sometimes you need to back off a little and try to make your opponent whiff. Trying to interrupt or fishing for counterhits won't work against my brother in most cases. Especially when he plays Steve.
Thanks for all the info! Really helpfull, when you have more just put it out here. Oh, and you could just put something in your bro's water next time we fight. Not much just something that'll make him unconscious for a few rounds. XDDD

Yeah I wish I could backdash and say Electric after that to counter everything but that ain't gonna happen. It's like driving a car. Once I move back, I can't instantly move forward, so I try to keep that forward momentum going. All I can do is push forward, make good reads and force opponent to make bad ones. Once in a blender I wont get out unles I get that one perfect read.

I'll try to work on backdashing much harder now despite above.

When NBR started punishing everything I threw with sonic fang it was like monty python. We were screen apart and he still sonic fang me like 6 times in a row. How? XD

It's not that he beat me with pure skills alone, he beat me mentally before round even stared. When I won and thought I had him, he drastically changed his play style and I instantly got confused and couldn't make any reads. That's a real Tekken skill, not perfectly pushing buttons. Mind warfare.

I feel all anime now. NBR is my new goal and I will eventually develop something that let me beat him. I just need to feel the matrix.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's with these nutjobs lately?

From yesterday:

I7jeRgR.jpg

I just said GGs after he said, "I hate you." Because I thought he wasn't serious. He was.
And this was just quick player series he lost, not ranked. Wut?

zkeyiuU.jpg

This is some kind of maniac. Insane stuff because was hate messaging me while he was winning and himself d+1'ing like crazy. I did not know what to think. Schizophrenic? "Exploit" what? Does he know what he's playing? There's actually a lot of people that think stuff like combos is cheating. Like scary lot of people.

What's with these nutcases. Back in the Tag2 days they spurred occasional: "Piece of shit" or "Fucking fa*!" like normal people, now it's like patients from mental institute broke out.

I never argue with these freaks because I'm afraid they'll start stabbing their friends in school from rage.

I need to block messaging on ps4.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Finally.

6iTq35h.gif

I worked so hard on Kaz lately, I ignored every other game, every other character. Spent countless hours watching match videos and making notes. Surfing between Destroyer and Overlord many times, demoted, promoted, demoted, fell from overlord to vanquisher. But I kept fighting, even cowards who I gave 5-6 rematches and they run after 1 loss. Until I build solid enough confidence to make solid reads on any opponent. Phew. It's so hard to play this version of Kaz for me, very bare bones but I still love the character. I would've gotten genbu way easier with Paul I think, but I wanted the most difficult character for me to get it first.

EksOvQd.gif

Congratz ! At my level I try to slowly make my Lee to Vanquisher, but with my 1 year of non playing, I've got a lot of matchups to (re)learn, it's a nightmare :(

And yeah, blocking non friend messages made my life so much better playing FGs online...

EDIT : It was 1 year, not two, my mistake

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Congratz ! At my level I try to slowly make my Lee to Vanquisher, but with my 2 years of non playing, I've got a lot of matchups to (re)learn, it's a nightmare :(

And yeah, blocking non friend messages made my life so much better playing FGs online...

Thanks! Yeah, putting Tekken down even for a week is hella hard for me to get back into the groove. I can't imagine 2 years.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Thanks for all the info! Really helpfull, when you have more just put it out here. Oh, and you could just put something in your bro's water next time we fight. Not much just something that'll make him unconscious for a few rounds. XDDD

Yeah I wish I could backdash and say Electric after that to counter everything but that ain't gonna happen. It's like driving a car. Once I move back, I can't instantly move forward, so I try to keep that forward momentum going. All I can do is push forward, make good reads and force opponent to make bad ones. Once in a blender I wont get out unles I get that one perfect read.

I'll try to work on backdashing much harder now despite above.

When NBR started punishing everything I threw with sonic fang it was like monty python. We were screen apart and he still sonic fang me like 6 times in a row. How? XD

It's not that he beat me with pure skills alone, he beat me mentally before round even stared. When I won and thought I had him, he drastically changed his play style and I instantly got confused and couldn't make any reads. That's a real Tekken skill, not perfectly pushing buttons. Mind warfare.

I feel all anime now. NBR is my new goal and I will eventually develop something that let me beat him. I just need to feel the matrix.

I can definitely put something in his water, no problemo ;)

You don't have to backdash into electric, just backdash to get out of his pressure. You can punish him with stuff like df+1,2 into f,f+4 now if he whiffs into your face. But constantly trying to make reads in front of his face is not only risky but also very tiring. One wrong read and you eat a whole string. One correct read and all you get is a duckjab or if you're really lucky you'll launch him when he presses the wrong buttons. Not worth the risk if you ask me.
Movement is way too important, even if you can't BDC or move that well, it's still better to backdash or sidestep in some situations than trying to interrupt pressure.

Uhmm... I hit ranked with Chloe earlier. I knew ranked had changed ever since S2 dropped but I didn't think it would be THIS bad. Saviors and Overlords legit playing like green ranks in TTT2. I played a few matches and I honestly think I'm done with ranked. Not worth the hassle to try and grind my way through the red ranks. Especially since so many players play on WiFi, quit after one match or, if they're really funny, quit mid match...

This guy was great for example: https://clips.twitch.tv/BlitheChillyHippoMVGame

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can definitely put something in his water, no problemo ;)

You don't have to backdash into electric, just backdash to get out of his pressure. You can punish him with stuff like df+1,2 into f,f+4 now if he whiffs into your face. But constantly trying to make reads in front of his face is not only risky but also very tiring. One wrong read and you eat a whole string. One correct read and all you get is a duckjab or if you're really lucky you'll launch him when he presses the wrong buttons. Not worth the risk if you ask me.
Movement is way too important, even if you can't BDC or move that well, it's still better to backdash or sidestep in some situations than trying to interrupt pressure.

Thank you, I'll try to incorporate that. Will need many matches to get a hold of it. Many. It will be hard because your bro can get in in a fraction of a time I need to get out.
I need to learn to be more patient. I still get hit by rage arts every time I want to finish off opponents because I keep forgetting they exist and just want to end the fight asap. (Hate fucking RA's).

Uhmm... I hit ranked with Chloe earlier. I knew ranked had changed ever since S2 dropped but I didn't think it would be THIS bad. Saviors and Overlords legit playing like green ranks in TTT2. I played a few matches and I honestly think I'm done with ranked. Not worth the hassle to try and grind my way through the red ranks. Especially since so many players play on WiFi, quit after one match or, if they're really funny, quit mid match...

This guy was great for example: https://clips.twitch.tv/BlitheChillyHippoMVGame

I don't have that much luck with weaklings in ranked tbh. Obviously they are there but ignoring them I often get strings of same strong characters like Akumas one day that regularly took 85% of my health from a 10 frame jab into shoryuken, then meter, wall and I'm dead. All those "Korean combos", they had them in a little finger. Still beat 2 out of 3 of them, because it felt like those players learned Akuma to a T and not much more about rest of characters.

Chloe is still super rare character online where few know how to fight her. You could try hardcore Hwoarang or Ling sessions for few hours each. People "should" play differently if they'll know what to expect. It may take those few hours to get to weed out all those scrubs and clowns and get the meat of ranked with some good players though. Never ending deathmatches is something worth waiting for, but don't expect it after few fights. But yeah I understand losing patience for these ragequitters and rest of these clowns, I don't blame you for dropping it.

From my observation ranked now has shit ton of new smurfs because things started to slowly normalize in season 2 where good players begun to demote the hell out of weak ones that got their rank by "accident", so those shitty ones started creating new accounts. They rank up again, get demoted and create new account, it doesn't stop. So I see this clown I played few days ago now has smth like TekkenBryan-Law4 now in his nick, FOUR. They don't even try to hide it anymore, they just have "Tekken" or "T7" and characters in their account names.

But yeah Tag2 online was much better on every level, but if they wanted more scrubs in Tekken, then we have them, that is the final effect. T7 scrubs are not Tag2 scrubs. T7 ones are impatient brats that will throw a tantrum, ragequit, smurf, do anything for instant gratification with as little effort as possible and have zero spine to take a loss like a man.

Shitty times to be a Tekken(rank mode) fan but I battle out what I can get. Just give me a good fight. Good, kind players are still there trying to find others like them and I still get more "GGs" than psycho hatemails, so it's not fair to throw the whole ranked in the trash just yet.

Either T7 online will die in a very bad state or the shitty part of the community will migrate elsewhere.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I highly recommend you guys check out the Netflix Movie: The Night Comes For Us. Another masterful martial arts flick (but extremely NWS violence/brutaliry).

I was reminded of Tekken because it was an example of a movie where everyone understands and can speak each other's language. Multiple characters talk in Indonesian, English, Chinese, and French interchangeably depending on who they are talking to. A fun detail I love how they stressed.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I started watching this lately because Iko Uwais, come on bros!

I think multi language use in Indonesia is not uncommon judging by other movies and media. Not checked Wiki but that's the impression I got.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Any PS4'ers who'd be willing to help me get the trophy for winning a tournament match? I love Tekken, so I'd be happy to play actual matches as well.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know they're keeping the dlc reveal for Tekken World Final but they should do these reveals little quicker. From reveal to release already takes months. At this snail pace last dlc will be out sometime in 2020. :P

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
FINALLY INTO YELLOW RANK AND OUT OF GREEN HELL ZONE!
GOD IM FUCKING PUMPED NOW!

Kave

Feb 5, 2018
Canada
At the insistence of people at my local I am going to try out Heihachi. But this vile fiend will not tempt me away from my one true main...Lili!

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Chloe is still super rare character online where few know how to fight her. You could try hardcore Hwoarang or Ling sessions for few hours each. People "should" play differently if they'll know what to expect. It may take those few hours to get to weed out all those scrubs and clowns and get the meat of ranked with some good players though. Never ending deathmatches is something worth waiting for, but don't expect it after few fights. But yeah I understand losing patience for these ragequitters and rest of these clowns, I don't blame you for dropping it.

I did that. You're kinda right, but weeding out the bad players is so tiring that it's still not really worth it in my opinion, especially since I actually lose against so many "bad" players that I start adapting and using shit I normally wouldn't. The moment I meet one of the decent players I'm flowcharting and mashing like crazy because that's what I've been playing like for 20 matches straight. And the only players that don't run after one match are the good players that are able to destroy you with ease. I played and desthmatched amazing players that probably started playing ranked again and were strolling through the orange ranks now. I also met a Hwoarang player who was way better than me with Hwoarang.
At the end I made it to Genbu. But it was such a grind and filled with so much frustration that I don't think it was really worth it. I uploaded my promo. Notice how impatient I got in the third round just because I wanted to finally get it over with lol.

https://youtu.be/NvWPG3LRuqI

Lol, I kinda get where you're coming from. It really depends on what you're looking for in a game. A lot of people like the "cinematic" experience that games like that offer.
What game is that? Shadow of the Tomb Raider?