• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I needed to refresh my good old Paul after playing so much Kaz. Feels relaxing. Got to Byakko today.
mioyZa8.gif

There was this very persistent Asuka player who rematched me like 10 times. Shame that so few ppl have the balls to rematch. Again I must repeat how dumb the auto rank up system is. I have Vanquisher characters I never played. And I wont even try them in ranked now because of that. So dumb.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GGs Doomshine, nice Lei. Had to keep my eye on stuff, good that I played him in Tag.

Connection was more laggy than what we used to have. It was pretty decent for 3 bars though. In got better in the middle of the session when we got 4 bars, then got worse again and started pausing.
Maybe we'll try the old connection next time?

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Found this pretty awesome tournament set from the last weeks of T6 life. Most important it's hd and not potato quality like Korean or JP match vids.

Naps vs Jadey

Is Jadey someone who changed nicknames later? His T6 Kaz was awesome and gave Naps run for his money. Shame if he dropped Tekken.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
It's pathetic how loading times went apeshit this generation.

Very nice match otherwise. A shame Jaydey dropped that combo in the end...

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's pathetic how loading times went apeshit this generation.

Yeah. People already complained on T6 load times but they went long only if game wasn't installed. It was times when devs were afraid of doing forced game installs.

In 2018 they're so long it reminds me of C64 where games load from a tape.

It's not only Tekken all games do that and even the hilarious "pick 1 character for duration of the session so that game doesn't have to load character select screen" shtick doesn't help since barebones 2 characters and a stage take ages to load.

It's funny how devs always use "HD assets" excuse. Yeah you have 10 times bigger assets than before but you have also 10 times more ram. Devs stop caring about optimization of load times. It's funny how we fg players are puting up with this now like it's normal for a fg to have shitty load times even without character select screen.

Oct 27, 2017
Aside from loading times, fighting games visually have not been all that impressive since the PS2 days. There are open world games with better character models and better loading times. I understand they have to maintain 60 fps and that sets limitations but it's sad to see a genre that used to set the benchmark for quality visuals to now be miles behind. It doesn't help that low-quality customization assets recycled from Tag 2 muck up the visuals even more.

Nuszka

Oct 26, 2017
I feel like VF 6 could be the thing to normalise stuff. I feel like back in the days it was a race who had a better looking fighter. Right now we get what we get and no one really tries. VF games always pushed the boundaries other devs tried to follow , but now it's all meh ... I'll never forget the first time I saw vf3 or 4 ...

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Aside from loading times, fighting games visually have not been all that impressive since the PS2 days. There are open world games with better character models and better loading times. I understand they have to maintain 60 fps and that sets limitations but it's sad to see a genre that used to set the benchmark for quality visuals to now be miles behind. It doesn't help that low-quality customization assets recycled from Tag 2 muck up the visuals even more.

T6 wasn't even 720p

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Virtua Fighter is like a man lost at sea a week ago. Since there's no body people are still searching for him, hoping he might suddenly show up safe and sound. But everybody deep down knows he's already fish food.

Yeah I said it countless times VF is the best thing that could happen for Tekken's growth, lack of VF is the worst thing.

It's like there's this top tier rivalry between 2 world class fighters. They push themselves to the limit, trying to outdo one another with every clash. What happens when one of them disappears?

Another gets sloppy, lazy, stops training ,starts eating junk food and waste time watching nonsense cat videos and meme's. He starts hanging out with wrong kind of crowd. Furries, testosterone fueled abominations and dangerous sect leaders. Begins dating coked up toxic slut that slowly drains life out of him. Before you know it bad ideas rolling in his head like, you know, inviting some self proclaimed demon god nutjob to part of his family or injecting trashy 2D super drugs in his clean veins before recruiting freaks and clowns from random show businesses. An actor from a failing zombie TV show or a brain damaged fantasy stoner believing he can wield magic swords.
A downfall.

True story bros.

wgeJLRt.gif

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Virtua Fighter is like a man lost at sea a week ago. Since there's no body people are still searching for him, hoping he might suddenly show up safe and sound. But everybody deep down knows he's already fish food.

Yeah I said it countless times VF is the best thing that could happen for Tekken's growth, lack of VF is the worst thing.

It's like there's this top tier rivalry between 2 world class fighters. They push themselves to the limit, trying to outdo one another with every clash. What happens when one of them disappears?

Another gets sloppy, lazy, stops training ,starts eating junk food and waste time watching nonsense cat videos and meme's. He starts hanging out with wrong kind of crowd. Furries, testosterone fueled abominations and dangerous sect leaders. Begins dating coked up toxic slut that slowly drains life out of him. Before you know it bad ideas rolling in his head like, you know, inviting some self proclaimed demon god nutjob to part of his family or injecting trashy 2D super drugs in his clean veins before recruiting freaks and clowns from random show businesses. An actor from a failing zombie TV show or a brain damaged fantasy stoner believing he can wield magic swords.

True story bros.

wgeJLRt.gif
Where's DOA in this story? Or we don't talk about him here?

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Where's DOA in this story? Or we don't talk about him here?

DOA is like a little brother of the missing champ rival. He's strong but not strong enough to take the belt yet, he's accepted the fact that his big bro is gone forever. He tries to make his brother's mortal rival take notice of him. To be his new greatest rival! ... But Tekken waves an empty vodka bottle before his face and drunkenly whispers to his ear: "You will never be as strong as him..."

Oct 27, 2017
DOA is like a little brother of the missing champ rival. He's strong but not strong enough to take the belt yet, he's accepted the fact that his big bro is gone forever. He tries to make his brother's mortal rival take notice of him. To be his new greatest rival! ... But Tekken waves an empty vodka bottle before his face and drunkenly whispers to his ear: "You will never be as strong as him..."

Lmao

I would also now like your take on SoulCalibur

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Found this pretty awesome tournament set from the last weeks of T6 life. Most important it's hd and not potato quality like Korean or JP match vids.

Naps vs Jadey

Is Jadey someone who changed nicknames later? His T6 Kaz was awesome and gave Naps run for his money. Shame if he dropped Tekken.

I believe Jadey moved to Thailand. But even when he lived in the US, he never cared to travel and only played online/Norcal locals.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
GGs Doomshine. Your Lei gets more dangerous by the minute. Always fun to fight you.

Lmao

I would also now like your take on SoulCalibur

SC is Tekken's infamous cousin who is running from law after he killed his ring opponent with a concealed dagger. He disappeared for many years but rumor says he's back and now organizes illegal weapon fights in crime underworld. Tekken disregarded him as family.

I believe Jadey moved to Thailand. But even when he lived in the US, he never cared to travel and only played online/Norcal locals.

Ah sad. I found few of his T7 matches from a year ago. Nothing more. Shame. Maybe if I knew how to search in Thai.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Oh god xD
That laugh in the first clip is super contagious lol

And sorry I didn't see you watching my stream and commenting until after I turned it off. And yeah, I'm only playing T7 on PS4 now because my notebook has been doing weird stuff with that game for quite some time now.
I played the game again yesterday, I ended up deleting it 10 minutes in.

I stopped playing as soon as the game forced me to play in a little kid flashback.

Just let me play the game.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Has anyone asked Harada about the possibility of a Tekken Tag 2 remaster? It came out right at the tail end of last gen and its a shame its stuck there in blurry ass sub HD

I played the game again yesterday, I ended up deleting it 10 minutes in.

I stopped playing as soon as the game forced me to play in a little kid flashback.

Just let me play the game.

You can play any other mode except the mode that is telling the story? Weird comment

Nuszka

Oct 26, 2017
Tag 2 wasn't sub hd, t6 was. Honestly I'd rather take the former or even broken T4 with working online mode. Shit would be glorious.
What Derek means is the moments that handhold you in games , I personally hate them as well and stay away from games like that. You don't play it you sort of watch it. Opposite side of the spectrum would be games like Bloodborne or BotW.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Has anyone asked Harada about the possibility of a Tekken Tag 2 remaster? It came out right at the tail end of last gen and its a shame its stuck there in blurry ass sub HD

Tag 2 runs at 720p with dynamic resolution. I don't see the point in remastering a game that barely sold a million in its lifetime at the end of the PS4's lifetime.

You can play any other mode except the mode that is telling the story? Weird comment
He doesn't like the sort of storytelling the game is going for which is understandable.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Tag 2 runs at 720p with dynamic resolution. I don't see the point in remastering a game that barely sold a million in its lifetime at the end of the PS4's lifetime.

Cause it deserves a second chance and was actually really good? Any number of factors could have to do with sales....the game almost never runs at native 720p on the consoles its on according to DF, especially when more than 2 characters are on screen, and it is really annoying how blurry the game gets just anecdotally

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally getting more confident in my Kaz.

7iHFQQE.gif

GGs Doomshine. I thought Kaz would be useless against Lei but he's pretty good for now.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Started to get into Tekken 7 story mode.

Made it to Devil Kazuya where you barely have any health left. He keeps kicking my ass, even when spamming certain techniques. Only came close to beating him like twice and must have played 50 times. Once he starts hulking up and hits the Rage Art it's over

Any tips?

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Funnest couple hours of Tekken I had all year despite having Bob man handle me.

Started to get into Tekken 7 story mode.

Made it to Devil Kazuya where you barely have any health left. He keeps kicking my ass, even when spamming certain techniques. Only came close to beating him like twice and must have played 50 times. Once he starts hulking up and hits the Rage Art it's over

Any tips?
Look up Tekken 7 speed runners, they'll give you the strats on finding AI holes.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope they fix the matchmaking system soon.

8 Times in a row, I got the same guy.
Doubt it's the only the matchmaking. I have terrible memory and if even I recognize that dozen of same names for a year it means not that many people are playing any given time. Add to that awful auto rank up system that encourages ppl to smurf and we have an online mess.

When I search for matches in T7(for like 4 to 7 hours every time) it always feels like it's a mere fraction of players from Tag2 online are actively playing T7.

When I check number of lobbies on Ps4 during day when I play it's about 4-6, it shows that player numbers aren't there.

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 version is dead online. I can only get some competition over the weekend or evenings. Sad too because after two years of not really caring for Tekken 7, I was finally starting to enjoy this game with Anna's inclusion. Tag 2 was definitely more active and its good netcode maybe may have played a part in that.

Nuszka

Oct 26, 2017
Well it must differ per region, as past few days I have been playing ranked and quick matches and always get connected very fast with different opponents. Didn't check lobbies though. PS4 Ireland

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
PS4 version is dead online. I can only get some competition over the weekend or evenings. Sad too because after two years of not really caring for Tekken 7, I was finally starting to enjoy this game with Anna's inclusion. Tag 2 was definitely more active and its good netcode maybe may have played a part in that.
Have you considered PC?

Oct 27, 2017
Well it must differ per region, as past few days I have been playing ranked and quick matches and always get connected very fast with different opponents. Didn't check lobbies though. PS4 Ireland
Yeah, I think the region, netcode, and rank could all be factors here.

Have you considered PC?
I have a gaming laptop but playstation has always been my go to platform for fighting games and I want to play on a larger TV screen. If PC is more active, though, I might consider. If Sony would bow down, cross play would resolve all of this.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Watching your Hwoarang is always a joy, AAK.

https://smash.gg/tournament/tekken-...-finals-last-chance-qualifier/brackets/466935 < pools for the TWT LCQ this saturday were just put up. I'm toast, ha ha. You guys better tune in for this, it's looking to be a SICK tournament.

I'm in the same pool as Sephiblack, Tenshimitsu, Haroun and Conquerorshaki, a guy who beat me 2-0 at Damagermany. Don't know the other players, but I know that I'll drown in pools lol.

PS4 and PS4 Pro have the same amount of input lag now, so that's fine.