• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Double Post but I'm such a Negan main, I don't care.

So Ganryu doesn't have a 10f jab huh. This is going to be interesting.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
In exchange his 12f jab is ridiculously good. I wonder how popular he'll be in tournaments if he's hella good. I know Saint will mess with him for sure

Rajang

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
RBNORWAY

394Qm3p.gif

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Been messing with Leroy. Df14 on block seems like really good risk reward for him. On block only a d1 beats all options I've tried so far. On hit he gets a free mixup

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Oh well, seems like Leroy is Katarina execution + S Tiers. This will be fun for a while, it's hilarious to see when even Leroy mains don't rematch when they got the mirror ah ah ah. The shit he can do is bonker, it's incredible.

ASyS_Razia

Sep 15, 2018
Spain
Since I don't know where to post this question I hope some of you can help me out with this.

Im new to Tekken, really new, the first time I played it was 2 weeks ago, I know I Know, I live under a rock but the thing is, I use to frequent a gaming assosiation near to my house and sometimes a group of tekken players drop by and play at some higher level. I was never really attracted to tekken but seeing them play and get to play with them makes me wanna jump to the main screen and try to get on their level. Ok, now the question.

I've been strugling with some inputs on the ps4 pad and they recomend me to use an arcade stick, I do have an arcade stick but is a freaking WII arcade stick, the tatsunoko vs capcom stick actually, I could get a Mayflash wii to usb adapter an try to use it but since I have to import that thing it would take time and money and I dont wanna waste time and money in something I dont really know if would work, thats why, if anyone of you happens to have a wii arcade stick and a Mayflash adaptar and could confirm me if it would work . That would be really usefull, if not, I guess ill have to take the risk or save some money and aim for a Ps4 stick.

Tl;Dr Would a Wii madcatz arcade stick work on Tekken Ps4 via a may flash adapter?

Thanks for at least reading ^^

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Quick Question someone might know the answer to, if you do a CH Tick Throw, is the break window the same or is it changed at all?

For Example, you can combo Leroy's SS4 CH into a throw, so is the break window here the same as a normal throw?

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Since I don't know where to post this question I hope some of you can help me out with this.

Im new to Tekken, really new, the first time I played it was 2 weeks ago, I know I Know, I live under a rock but the thing is, I use to frequent a gaming assosiation near to my house and sometimes a group of tekken players drop by and play at some higher level. I was never really attracted to tekken but seeing them play and get to play with them makes me wanna jump to the main screen and try to get on their level. Ok, now the question.

I've been strugling with some inputs on the ps4 pad and they recomend me to use an arcade stick, I do have an arcade stick but is a freaking WII arcade stick, the tatsunoko vs capcom stick actually, I could get a Mayflash wii to usb adapter an try to use it but since I have to import that thing it would take time and money and I dont wanna waste time and money in something I dont really know if would work, thats why, if anyone of you happens to have a wii arcade stick and a Mayflash adaptar and could confirm me if it would work . That would be really usefull, if not, I guess ill have to take the risk or save some money and aim for a Ps4 stick.

Tl;Dr Would a Wii madcatz arcade stick work on Tekken Ps4 via a may flash adapter?

You should ask either here or here.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017

You would want a Wii to PS4 adapter. If it's Wii to PC you maybe be able to Daisy chain and connect the Wii stuck to the PC adapter and then connect the of adapter to a PC to PS4 adapter. But at that point it may work out better to look for a discounted PS4 stick since the price would be similar. The wanna drone goes on sale for sub_$40 pretty regularly and the hori soul Calibur 6 stick was just on sale for $70 a few weeks ago so it wouldn't surprise me if it hit that price again.

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
So I just got Tekken 7 and have a question regarding combos. Is there any site where I can look up some combos? Don't want to mash stuff from the start XD.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Thanks. I guess the combos on his youtube channel still mostly work even though they are from 2017?
Yeah they will mostly still work and are very good for reference. For later season stuff you can check Coorejam's channel(Not all characters are there though). Another alternative is checking the pins in character sections in the Tekken Zaibatsu discord if you use discord

DrAg0nBoY

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah they will mostly still work and are very good for reference. For later season stuff you can check Coorejam's channel(Not all characters are there though). Another alternative is checking the pins in character sections in the Tekken Zaibatsu discord if you use discord
Thanks. Joined the discord now and looking stuff up a bit.

What would be an easy character to pick when starting? Played T5 and was playing with Steve then, but dunno if I want to pick him now again XD.

Also is the netcode good enough to play online? Thanks.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Thanks. Joined the discord now and looking stuff up a bit.

What would be an easy character to pick when starting? Played T5 and was playing with Steve then, but dunno if I want to pick him now again XD.

Also is the netcode good enough to play online? Thanks.

If you like Steve, play Steve. He's a unique and complex character, but it's easier if you play a character you enjoy.

You can check out this video to see if there's any character that sounds like you'll enjoy playing:

For beginner characters I'd recommend Alisa, Shaheen, Jin (minues the more advanced stuff), Dragunov. A lot of characters are good for beginners, actually.

Need entire new hardware and they said it'll take atleast a week

giphy.gif

I got Leroy downloaded on my mobile data tho

One week isn't too bad. Hit us up on the Discord whenever you're ready.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
I go to one person's house for a multiple setup Tekken session that lasts four hours, and I never want to touch online again.

All it takes is to play offline once.

This game online is inherently toxic, everyone thinks they're the best Tekken player on the planet. People deliberately making you watch their winning outro just because they won the match with a panic rage art and they feel like they're clever or strategic.

People ki-charging mid-match even though no relationship whatsoever has been established between you and your opponent, you two just met for the first time in history in this one online match, ki-charge anyway due to low self-esteem.

Get befriended just to get hatemail, get people rage quitting in Player Match because they don't understand the concept of defense whatsoever.

I can't defend against this, so I have no choice but to...pull the plug and lose to someone else 2 minutes from now? I don't get it.

Twitch chats of online streamers act like saints when criticizing the small mistakes of the opponents the streamer is playing against, no one in Twitch chats that pick on players they're watching are competent Tekken players at all.

Play the same person offline, no words were spoken after they lose, no overt salt (there are exceptions), people don't care, it's offline casuals.

Play the same person online, "I am the best Tekken player, if I lose it's never my fault, if I win it's always because of something I did or it's because I'm the best".

Online connections generally suck, can't even play against people in my friends list, game has 300 characters and is essentially a M.U.G.E.N.game in HD, have fun.

And people wonder why I don't go in Discord channels anymore.

- People online think their opinion is the most correct, most important, they're always right, you're always wrong.

Offline, everyone is nice and timid, they don't bring that same energy. I go to locals and people ask me to play online with them and I always have to refuse. There ain't nothing like the alternative.

Last edited:

ASyS_Razia

Sep 15, 2018
Spain
You would want a Wii to PS4 adapter. If it's Wii to PC you maybe be able to Daisy chain and connect the Wii stuck to the PC adapter and then connect the of adapter to a PC to PS4 adapter. But at that point it may work out better to look for a discounted PS4 stick since the price would be similar. The wanna drone goes on sale for sub_$40 pretty regularly and the hori soul Calibur 6 stick was just on sale for $70 a few weeks ago so it wouldn't surprise me if it hit that price again.
Thx for the help tho, I was able to get a PS4 arcade stick for 40$ from a friend of mine that was in near mint condition so it was a great deal ^^

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
I go to one person's house for a multiple setup Tekken session that lasts four hours, and I never want to touch online again.

All it takes is to play offline once.

This game online is inherently toxic, everyone thinks they're the best Tekken player on the planet. People deliberately making you watch their winning outro just because they won the match with a panic rage art and they feel like they're clever or strategic.

People ki-charging mid-match even though no relationship whatsoever has been established between you and your opponent, you two just met for the first time in history in this one online match, ki-charge anyway due to low self-esteem.

Get befriended just to get hatemail, get people rage quitting in Player Match because they don't understand the concept of defense whatsoever.

I can't defend against this, so I have no choice but to...pull the plug and lose to someone else 2 minutes from now? I don't get it.

Twitch chats of online streamers act like saints when criticizing the small mistakes of the opponents the streamer is playing against, no one in Twitch chats that pick on players they're watching are competent Tekken players at all.

Play the same person offline, no words were spoken after they lose, no overt salt (there are exceptions), people don't care, it's offline casuals.

Play the same person online, "I am the best Tekken player, if I lose it's never my fault, if I win it's always because of something I did or it's because I'm the best".

Online connections generally suck, can't even play against people in my friends list, game has 300 characters and is essentially a M.U.G.E.N.game in HD, have fun.

And people wonder why I don't go in Discord channels anymore.

- People online think their opinion is the most correct, most important, they're always right, you're always wrong.

Offline, everyone is nice and timid, they don't bring that same energy. I go to locals and people ask me to play online with them and I always have to refuse. There ain't nothing like the alternative.

Eh, whether onlne or off, who cares what other people say and do? I just play Tekken.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
All I want from Tekken in 2020 is to sort the fucking online out

I shouldnt be getting matched up with the same 3 bar connection, which feels like a 1 bar, even though I said 4 bars or more, 3 times in a row.

It's a complete joke at this point

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
Stick people, how do y'all sidestep left? Pushing it up with my ring finger kinda hurts and when trying to use the thumb I need to push forward with the palm instead - which feels awkward and I have more of an angle in my wrist, which seems wrong. Haven't played that much with the stick and mostly shmups instead of Tekken.

Probably the answer is just "play more", but I dunno.​

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
LowHigh (Law, Shaheen, Steve) just won 10-7 against Chikurin (Leroy, Geese). The Korean played out of his mind, incredible set

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So, this month I have been playing more regularly Tekken, I'm trying to climb up the ranks with Kasumi, I have reached Dan 4, and at the moment, I feel like I reached my ceiling, I still rely too much on gimmicks (or maybe that's how Kasumi works)

Right now my 2 main weakness are

1) I don't know how to generate situations where I could land combos
2) After I knockout an opponent I don't know how to keep the pressure, the mixup games and all that stuff

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
So, this month I have been playing more regularly Tekken, I'm trying to climb up the ranks with Kasumi, I have reached Dan 4, and at the moment, I feel like I reached my ceiling, I still rely too much on gimmicks (or maybe that's how Kasumi works)

Right now my 2 main weakness are

1) I don't know how to generate situations where I could land combos
2) After I knockout an opponent I don't know how to keep the pressure, the mixup games and all that stuff
You're going to want to launch your opponent every opportunity you get. Most commonly it's going to come in the form of punishing whiffs and whiffs happen a LOT in lower ranks. Seeing as you're kind of new I really recommend watching some beginner guides on YT, they helped me a lot when first starting out. I recommend checking PeterYMao's stuff out as he has great tutorials for both beginners and experienced players.

I'd start with this playlist as it covers pretty much everything you need to know when first starting: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL28IncCLd2gC2KqX9ADcuzk-iV4aLUxyG and maybe check out his Intermediate guide playlist if you liked this one.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You're going to want to launch your opponent every opportunity you get. Most commonly it's going to come in the form of punishing whiffs and whiffs happen a LOT in lower ranks. Seeing as you're kind of new I really recommend watching some beginner guides on YT, they helped me a lot when first starting out. I recommend checking PeterYMao's stuff out as he has great tutorials for both beginners and experienced players.

I'd start with this playlist as it covers pretty much everything you need to know when first starting: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL28IncCLd2gC2KqX9ADcuzk-iV4aLUxyG and maybe check out his Intermediate guide playlist if you liked this one.

Gonna check this out

Is kinda hard to me whiff punish, like I get the idea, but I never manage to get close enough to punish, far enough to whiff

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Gonna check this out

Is kinda hard to me whiff punish, like I get the idea, but I never manage to get close enough to punish, far enough to whiff
Yep, that's the hard part. One simple strategy that applies for every level of play is to dash into your opponent's attack range to bait an attack and then do a single backdash to make your opponent whiff. It's easy to understand and harder to bait your opponent the better they are. On low ranks it shouldn't be too hard though.
And don't forget your z-axis. Tekken is a 3D game, so sidestepping exists and it makes certain attacks whiff as well. It'd hard to get a feeling for the right timing of a sidestep, but it's not a bad idea to try stepping every now and then.