• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Had no idea they announced Noctis for next year, until I saw that thread on gaming side just now. I never check out gaming side since I don't play games anymore, but I'm glad I did this once.
This is like the coolest addition, way better than Geese for me, and it being one of the best Final Fantasy characters is a phenomenal inclusion.

I should buy the season pass, since it seems to never go on sale, and get back into the game on PC this time.

Gotta work on that Josie!

onepiecefan

Oct 29, 2017
Basically no sleep but boy was it worth it, seeing both DJ and Qudans win is amazing :) Noctis looks pretty cool, guess I should also go back and finish FFXV...

JumpCancel

Oct 26, 2017
Have they said anything else about future T7 plans? Updates, improvements, new season pass etc?

http://www.avoidingthepuddle.com/ne...-rematch-in-player-matches-input-lag-upd.html

...Instant Rematching in Player Lobbies was the next topic with them saying that they're planning on implementing this in an upcoming future update to the game, so they do hear you on that. Last but not least was the Input Lag currently in the game. They remarked that they're currently working with Unreal to make changes to help reduce the input lag. No word on how long that will take since it is a big undertaking on their end however they hope to have it out 'within the year.'...

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Fuck Geese, I'm maining Noctis alongside Lars.

He's bros with Lars and everything.

You Geese mains are safe from my low-tier curse.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The biggest news for me is that the unreal patch will be avaliable this year, I will finally purchase this game on ps4. I have it on pc, but since no one play it locally here on that system, I feel that I'm wasting my time

Also Noctis and Geese are a good enough reason to doube dip

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Really couldn't care less about the guest characters, although Noctis does sound like a good business decision. I'm happy to hear about player rematch, and especially lag reductions, though. It's nice to see ongoing support from Namco, even if it's not coming quite as fast as I might like.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Amazing final one of the best tourneys yet.

Qudans coming to rule after 10 years is a beautiful story. I never stopped watching his match videos on youtube. Prime example of Mishima expert.

Btw. Harada said they reduced input lag by 2 frames and "you didn't notice". That's beside that unreal patch. Will someone check that?

Back on the old forum after one of newest patches I did say something like:"Maybe it's placebo but It feels like input lag is tiny bit better." But no one commented.

I have a feeling Harada mistook 0.2 frame with 2 frames :P.

Also Noctis reaction:

83EJK6e.jpg

and

1uJoTPY.gif

Last edited:

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe he meant 2 milliseconds, heh. I thought Noodalls did a bunch of testing and concluded the patch had basically no impact. I never really noticed a difference.

Nuszka

Oct 26, 2017
Is there a reason Grays gifs are not showing for me?
Btw just finished watching , amazing spectacle.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm regretting buying the season pass. I feel like I knew it was guest characters when I bought it, but I did so anyway despite hating guest characters. Noctis being such a terrible character just makes it super obvious

Damn tekken bowl for being so appealing

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel Noctis will become one of the most popular online characters alongside Law and King.

While only experts will use Geese.

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, I feel like people love to play as the bad guy and fireball characters are popular online, too, so I can see Geese doing very well online.

onepiecefan

Oct 29, 2017
Yh Noctis honestly looks really cool, he actually seems to play a lot more like an orthodox Tekken character unlike say Akuma for example. I've seen a few complaints about the fact it's Noctis, but a lot of that seems down to the fact that it wasn't who they wanted/expected. Bottom line is Noctis will draw in a lot of new players, viewers etc, so is a great addition.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hm, I feel like people love to play as the bad guy and fireball characters are popular online, too, so I can see Geese doing very well online.

Not with these move motions and complexity. Half circle back button just to do a basic counter, in comparison Tekken counters and parries are just back+1+3. Db half circle back df+1+2 to do raging storm which is hilarious because even SNK thought the motion is too hard and changed it in kof14.
His max is 1+2+3 and people will have to use max cancel for good combos. Like there are barely few Akumas online because he's so hard to play there will be even less "Goose". Akuma is Law compared to Geese.

Yh Noctis honestly looks really cool, he actually seems to play a lot more like an orthodox Tekken character unlike say Akuma for example. I've seen a few complaints about the fact it's Noctis, but a lot of that seems down to the fact that it wasn't who they wanted/expected. Bottom line is Noctis will draw in a lot of new players, viewers etc, so is a great addition.

Wasn't Final Fantasy XV reception rather mediocre and not living up to the hype? Reading older threads I have a feeling that Square is trying way to hard to keep it alive while people stopped caring about it.

I don't know, but that's the impression I got back then.

I can guess Square asked Namco to do this, not the other way around.

Cosmic Forge

Oct 28, 2017
Not with these move motions and complexity. Half circle back button just to do a basic counter, in comparison Tekken counters and parries are just back+1+3. Db half circle back df+1+2 to do raging storm which is hilarious because even SNK thought the motion is too hard and changed it in kof14.
His max is 1+2+3 and people will have to use max cancel for good combos. Like there are barely few Akumas online because he's so hard to play there will be even less "Goose". Akuma is Law compared to Geese.

Wasn't Final Fantasy XV reception rather mediocre and not living up to the hype? Reading older threads I have a feeling that Square is trying way to hard to keep it alive while people stopped caring about it.

Really starts to make one realize how little control Harada has over his project. Tekken blew up. Which caught the eye of the real Namcops on top. Company men don't get much say so in these matters.

It's whatever to me at this point. Injustice has to tolerate fuckin ninja turtles of all things, I guess we can put up with this.

Lei Wulong?

More like, So long, Lei.

Whatever happened to us getting a legacy character in every dlc update? Was that ever a thing?

Oct 27, 2017
Really starts to make one realize how little control Harada has over his project. Tekken blew up. Which caught the eye of the real Namcops on top. Company men don't get much say so in these matters.

It's whatever to me at this point. Injustice has to tolerate fuckin ninja turtles of all things, I guess we can put up with this.

Lei Wulong?

More like, So long, Lei.

Whatever happened to us getting a legacy character in every dlc update? Was that ever a thing?
I would prefer getting veteran characters over any of these guest characters but lets not pretend like this is something new for Tekken. Once youve had a miniature, farting, firebreathing dinosaur as a guest character in your game (i.e. Gon in Tekken 3), anything is possible.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Guys, where can I go to watch the Top 8 of the tournament? I missed the whole thing ugh.

onepiecefan

Oct 29, 2017

It didn't live up to the hype but still a lot of people seem to love it, and being final fantasy there will also be the die hards who get everything related to final fantasy (and from what I can tell there's a lot of die hards lol)

Guys, where can I go to watch the Top 8 of the tournament? I missed the whole thing ugh.
The entire thing is here:
https://go.twitch.tv/videos/200786708

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Do not take GAF's reception as an example for how good this game is. Seriously, they could make you believe this is the worst game of all time and nobody likes it. It became "cool" to bash the game on GAF. The game is nowhere near as bad as they made it out to be. It does not live up to the hype, but FF XV is a good game and a financial success.
Adding Noctis was a good idea. He's animated quite well and will bring in new players trying out the game for him.I would have preferred 2B, but this isn't too bad.

Makaveli

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
Still holding out hope for Kiryu. Noctis looks like such a blast to play though. He's not a meter character right?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I definitely hope there's a second season pass going on afterwards to give us more characters. Noctis is in spring so it hurts a lot but Tekken 7 saw some sweet sales figures going on so they could definitely expand on the roster (and have our Kiryu somewhere). They said they would only support the game for a year, though. I'd be pissed if they just peace out after this, especially when it's one of the few times when going the game service route would benefit us.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Cross posting from Noctis announcement thread:
He looks super strong with a unique combo system, a variety of throws and solid punishes (if his b4,2(?) is 12fr and 2 hitting WS string is 13~14fr).
Namco has a habit of making new characters extremely strong compared to the rest of the cast. Probably to make sure people use them. See Claudio, Akuma (pre patch).
Love his fighting stance. I see a mix of Ryu, Jin and Lars in that pose. He'll fit right in here.

Thank you Xenosaga and JumpCancel for the gifs!

This owns, thanks. As soon as I saw the trailer I thought he looked hella strong, the range on his sword normals is massive, and he has a hellsweep too.

I know nothing about FFXV but this character looks extremely my jam, (Sorry, Kiryu would have been pretty boring as a reveal.)

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

Lei Wulong?

More like, So long, Lei.

I think it's the opposite, Harada seems to have a lot of control. I mean it was known for a long time his favourite non-Tekken character is Geese, and boom, first DLC character, gets his wish.

Also there was never, ever any promise of legacy characters being added to Tekken 7. Don't know how on earth people wrenched around words to get there. All Harada ever said was that IF they added extra legacy characters, they'd hopefully be free DLC ala TTT2.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
About those 2 frames of lag that mysteriously disappeared from Tekken 7, do we have any test and confirmation on this ?

Oct 25, 2017
About those 2 frames of lag that mysteriously disappeared from Tekken 7, do we have any test and confirmation on this ?
Noodalls has now tweeted this, the same thing I mentioned earlier:

So I guess the answer is: no one knows what Murray is talking about.

My guess is still that they are talking about this:

But that wasn't what people were complaining about...

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Do not take GAF's reception as an example for how good this game is. Seriously, they could make you believe this is the worst game of all time and nobody likes it. It became "cool" to bash the game on GAF. The game is nowhere near as bad as they made it out to be. It does not live up to the hype, but FF XV is a good game and a financial success.
Adding Noctis was a good idea. He's animated quite well and will bring in new players trying out the game for him.I would have preferred 2B, but this isn't too bad.

Not worst game. Underwhelming. Even from your own opinion when I asked about it l got a pretty lukewarm impression.

I hope they change max cancel to 2+3, why are they even making stuff harder to than KOF14?

That stage makes mishima dojo look like poor man's hut. Most detailed stage yet?

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Was never gonna happen. It was corporate PR speak to try and spread a positive image of the Tekken brand but it was smartly worded to absolve Namco of any commitments.

In Namco's head 6 ms = 2 frames. More corporate PR speak.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Was never gonna happen. It was corporate PR speak to try and spread a positive image of the Tekken brand but it was smartly worded to absolve Namco of any commitments

They literally never promised we were getting Legacy characters, people have been trying to read stuff into statements that wasn't there.

solari

Oct 25, 2017
AZ, USA
Still hyped from that Noctis reveal! Totally out of left field for me, I love the hell out of this game and tell myself I need to play it more and this is giving the inspiration to play again. Noctis looks super awesome.

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They literally never promised we were getting Legacy characters, people have been trying to read stuff into statements that wasn't there.

That's exactly what I meant when I said "smartly worded to absolve Namco of any commitments". They could have said "We have no current plans to do any other DLC characters except Eliza + the other 2 guest characters" but they decided to use the corporate PR method of saying "Legacy characters would never be paid DLC" giving them room for brownie points among the gullible while still never claiming any extra content was coming. Those who are used to Namco's PR BS immediately saw the comment for what it was: Lei/Ganryu/Anna/Julia/Wang/etc. will never release on Tekken 7. But there were others that fell for the wording thinking legacy characters and coming and they'd be free.

EDIT: Example of people that fell for Namco's bait:

http://shoryuken.com/2017/01/25/kat...n-7s-season-pass-post-launch-support-and-dlc/

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
That's exactly what I meant when I said "smartly worded to absolve Namco of any commitments". They could have said "We have no current plans to do any other DLC characters except Eliza + the other 2 guest characters" but they decided to use the corporate PR method of saying "Legacy characters would never be paid DLC" giving them room for brownie points among the gullible while still never claiming any extra content was coming. Those who are used to Namco's PR BS immediately saw the comment for what it was: Lei/Ganryu/Anna/Julia/Wang/etc. will never release on Tekken 7. But there were others that fell for the wording thinking legacy characters and coming and they'd be free.

EDIT: Example of people that fell for Namco's bait:

http://shoryuken.com/2017/01/25/kat...n-7s-season-pass-post-launch-support-and-dlc/

It's not Haradas fault if people invent what they want to hear.

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Namco is complicit when they can't simply say "No, we have no current plans to bring classic Tekken characters" and lead people on with hope. When they used the wording:

cNl4iie.png

You make a comment saying "We are not gonna sell XYZ" and then within the same sentence say "there will be free updates & support for a long time" someone who doesn't know better of Namco's practices can get the wrong picture.