• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I think you can put blame on Harada/Namco if the statements they put out are deliberately worded to lead people on, even if they're technically not promising anything. I'd certainly prefer them to just be upfront about their plans, so I could fully drop my false hope, which I'm still clinging to.

Oct 25, 2017
This kind of sounds like a translation problem. He literally says they won't sell classic characters and then people took it as "well I guess they will be free then".

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I had no idea Geese Howard was a DLC character. You'd think they'd just do more popular characters like Ryu, Iori/Ryo, Cloud. It's crazy, because they adapted the respective games styles, they could potentially make Tekken 7 a huge crossover game.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
No it isn't. Free updates can be anything. Fixes, modes, costumes, stages, whatever.

Exactly, that "whatever" leaves someone who isn't versed on Namco's business practices to assume "characters" are under that umbrella. Namco could have easily said No legacy characters coming, paid or not. What you see in the season pass is what you get in response to characters.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Exactly, that "whatever" leaves someone who isn't versed on Namco's business practices to assume "characters" are under that umbrella. Namco could have easily said No legacy characters coming, paid or not. What you see in the season pass is what you get in response to characters.

Game companies can't really say about doing additional stuff until the game's success is verified. If T7 sold 4 million, they would probably announce a flood of dlc characters, old or whatever. Any unknown dlc support depends on sales. T7 is probably at a point where they have no idea if the game will keep selling or not.

Saying that I never heard about legacy characters promises. From how Harada spoke about Lei being unpopular I knew they have no plans to bring him. When they announced dlc characters will all be new that killed the speculation too.

Last edited:

luca

Oct 25, 2017
As much as I love Kiryu, I'm a sucker for Noctis.

I've always wanted Project Tekken to make a crossover fighting game in the Tekken engine. Just do it already.

Who in here is on PC?
And do you still remember me from the old forum and Discord? I'm thinking of being active in the Discord again so I can get back to practicing my Josie.

Last edited:

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Whattup man
Good to see you back. Not that many people stanning for Josie in here we needed one
246032716926025738.png

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I'll primarily be on PC now, since I sold my PS4 collection for some odd reason (actually to stop buying games and save money) but I'll probably rebuy it next year when Spider-Man releases anyway. I forgot all about those games coming out oh noooo.

SquirrelSoup

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Hi, Pachi! Don't think we ever played all that much and since i'm only on PS4 i guess we won't. xD

I suppose classy gentleman Numb can welcome you back instead. Hee hee.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Qudans always makes me almost try a Mishima for real. But i'm too smart for that

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I liked Jinpachi. Didn't play him too much beside doing awesome tag stuff with Kazuya. Amazing work went into his animation and moveset. As for cheapnes I never felt he was cheaper than what Bobs, Laws or Eddys could do, and he didn't have a clone character.

His and Jun moveset is such a waste of great animation. They could easily put them in the game despite being dead since Kazumi also doesn't exist in the tournament yet she's still fighting everyone.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Had only a short while so I played little Law since I feel the spirit of Bruce Lee.

He's still fun, but man, Tekken 4 and debut of dss was the last time they did something creative and fresh with the character. That could be said about others too.

Oh well. Give me some Wataaa!

Bruce_Lee_sidekick_1.gif

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Had only a short while so I played little Law since I feel the spirit of Bruce Lee.

He's still fun, but man, Tekken 4 and debut of dss was the last time they did something creative and fresh with the character. That could be said about others too.

Oh well. Give me some Wataaa!

Bruce_Lee_sidekick_1.gif
I always preferred Forest

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I always preferred Forest

Yeah, Forest was an obvious substitution for Marshall and looked good. I was fine with Forest in T3 and Tag1. Then they went "Uh...Fuck that. Let's bring 50 year old Marshall back."

That Tag2 is a different Forest than original T3 one and he's an ass, hate that Tag2 design.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Forest was an obvious substitution for Marshall and looked good. I was fine with Forest in T3 and Tag1. Then they went "Uh...Fuck that. Let's bring 50 year old Marshall back."

That Tag2 is a different Forest than original T3 one and he's an ass, hate that Tag2 design.
I liked tag 2 forest too. DSS fuckery gone was awesome
Basically mained him outside Mokujin since 3 and Tag 1.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I liked weak ass Angel, played her a lot. I still think her electrics where somehow easier to do. She was halfway done when they released her, it showed.

Slim Bob was an awful design because they had to make him fit into fat Bob's animations so they made him a hunchback, so bad.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I liked weak ass Angel, played her a lot. I still think her electrics where somehow easier to do. She was halfway done when they released her, it showed.

Slim Bob was an awful design because they had to make him fit into fat Bob's animations so they made him a hunchback, so bad.
Her electrics did seem easier
Onemic about to go try Angel lol

Although i used Bob they didn't have to make his grab launcher useless
And fall doing some hits

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
I watched all of Group A from Tekken World Tour.

OMG P.Ling looked awful. That's the 2nd Ling play this year who has been totally embarrassed in a tournament (Tanukana). Didn't even win ONE MATCH in a ROUND ROBIN!

Breh.

It was neat to see an Asuka player though. Him swapping to Ling against JDCR was desperation, and even though that was not his "main," he still managed to not wiff as much as P.Ling.

Going to watch Group B next.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
GrayFoxPL Numb AAK just wanna say hi to all of you. I hope you remember me too from all those years we've spent together. :)
Nuszka Dereck sasuke_91 SquirrelSoup
Hi there. Of course we remember you, Madridista ;D

@Pheonix_RISING: Yeah P. Ling played horrible. A year ago, he was one of the scariest US players. I'm not sure what is wrong with him.

There's this girl who I have kind of rivalry with. I played her at a tournament once and ever since then we've been playing back and forth. She surpassed me at the end of TTT2's lifetime, but in T7 it feels like we play on the same level again. I streamed some of the matches we had today. They were really good matches.
http://www.twitch.tv/uchihasasuke_91/v/201540851?sr=a

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hi there. Of course we remember you, Madridista ;D

@Pheonix_RISING: Yeah P. Ling played horrible. A year ago, he was one of the scariest US players. I'm not sure what is wrong with him.

There's this girl who I have kind of rivalry with. I played her at a tournament once and ever since then we've been playing back and forth. She surpassed me at the end of TTT2's lifetime, but in T7 it feels like we play on the same level again. I streamed some of the matches we had today. They were really good matches.
http://www.twitch.tv/uchihasasuke_91/v/201540851?sr=a

Cloud is overlord with Lee and Saviour with Jin?

cRexJC4.gif

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I only managed to beat cloud with my mokujin shenanigans
Never gonna get a win again

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
I watched all of Group A from Tekken World Tour.

OMG P.Ling looked awful. That's the 2nd Ling play this year who has been totally embarrassed in a tournament (Tanukana). Didn't even win ONE MATCH in a ROUND ROBIN!

Breh.

It was neat to see an Asuka player though. Him swapping to Ling against JDCR was desperation, and even though that was not his "main," he still managed to not wiff as much as P.Ling.

Going to watch Group B next.

Tbf to PLing, Fergus is a great player, and knows the Ling matchup inside out. That was definitely a panic switch after losing the first game to JDCR, and it didn't pay off at all.

The biggest disappointment to me was KandAndTrench, he wasn't playing like himself at all. He was absolutely demolishing everyone in Europe for the first few months the game was out, but seems to have fallen off a little since.

Oct 29, 2017
it's very hard to be consistent as Yoshi, it requires insane creativity and you have to make your opponent guess your next move. This is why Yoshi isn't the best character if you like to play long sessions because you will eventually run dry as you opponent gets used to your mixups and what not. KaneandTrench as an incredible Yoshi player, but playing casuals against the rest of the Europe guys obviously gave them experience with his 'gimmicks'
in a tournament environment where half of the players you've played in casuals and have a personal bond with, and the other half being koreans and best US players probably didn't give Kane the confidence he needed to enforce creative setups and mixup.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
Tbf to PLing, Fergus is a great player, and knows the Ling matchup inside out. That was definitely a panic switch after losing the first game to JDCR, and it didn't pay off at all.

The biggest disappointment to me was KandAndTrench, he wasn't playing like himself at all. He was absolutely demolishing everyone in Europe for the first few months the game was out, but seems to have fallen off a little since.

PLing wasn't just throwing stuff out there, getting it blocked, and then getting punished. He was straight up throwing stuff out there and wiffing. That was more than just Fergus outplaying him. That was PLing sucking too.

it's very hard to be consistent as Yoshi, it requires insane creativity and you have to make your opponent guess your next move. This is why Yoshi isn't the best character if you like to play long sessions because you will eventually run dry as you opponent gets used to your mixups and what not. KaneandTrench as an incredible Yoshi player, but playing casuals against the rest of the Europe guys obviously gave them experience with his 'gimmicks'
in a tournament environment where half of the players you've played in casuals and have a personal bond with, and the other half being koreans and best US players probably didn't give Kane the confidence he needed to enforce creative setups and mixup.

I have not seen KaneAndTrench yet. I just watched Group B.

Obviously Qudans was playing out of his mind. JDCR plays Heihachi. I want to know who plays Kazuya at a high level like that.

I felt sorry for Blackbeard. Would have been interesting to see a Josie advance, but he was in the same bracket as Speedkicks and Qudans, unfortunately. It's nice watching people play against her who know what they're doing. Josie players still routinely destroy me like it's my first time seeing the character. There was a point where Super Akuma ate like 3 low kicks in a row, only to block the forth. Yep, that's me, eating the lows, but the 4th would be that elbow launcher instead as I duck.

Super Akuma...meh. Gimmick character that everyone has figured out.

Speedkicks is also meh. He plays Hwoarang.