• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As weird as it sounds, I kinda wish that Namco simply made the entire move list of the game two frames slower instead. So previous 8-framers would have i10 jabs, and the old 10-framers would then have i12 jabs. While-standing kicks would be i13, most throws would be i14, most "quick" launchers like hop kicks would connect at i17, etc. Block and whiff recoveries would be adjusted the same way.

It may seem like a major consequence to offense by doing this since it makes the entire fight a lot more "re-actable" defensively, but hasn't Namco been trying to help lesser skilled players defend better with every release? This idea would go with that logic, and perhaps make it easier for newbies to get better faster while still requiring a high level of skill and execution from the pros to do well in tournies and the like.

The benefit is that you would bring back that varied jab-speed dynamic that you described which really brought in a cool layer of depth in different match ups that no longer exists. Just a thought.

I understand the idea but it would make an already slowed down game feel even more sluggish. Besides if it's -2 frames or +2 they'd have to go over entire movesets with a comb and test every move on every move, check if eg combos that usually connect don't anymore because the 2 extra frames cause whiff on juggles and other weird things. Not gonna happen. I rather they worked on improving the netcode so it wouldn't rely on so many delay frames as the current. It's all about good online anyway and it isn't stellar.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Booy, for few days I'm playing terrible, losing everything, bad decisions, bad guesses, demoted Kaz 5 dans. The next day I'm playing like a cyborg, read and punish every low, good spacing, electrics in the face, mad adaptation, winning 90% of fights. Annoying Ling? Lost 2 fights - download complete. Ling wrecked and demoted. Rarity Akuma? Defy your destiny. Adapted, destroyed. In 2 hours I won back everything I lost last few days and then some. Damn, If I was in that form every day, my Kaz would be unstoppable. Felt good, felt right.. Shame these "beastly" days are few and far between.

8RWZSOw.gif

Last edited:

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
But I'm not suggesting that they make such a drastic change mid-release like for T7. It would have to be a system adjustment in a new release, like when they first made the jabs two frames slower for more than half the cast to begin with in T6.

And back then, they obviously didn't have a problem making juggles flow, and that's because juggles are changed somewhat with every new Tekken. It's rare that BnBs for a character work the exact same way from one release to another, so they already check for that during normal development of a major new entry.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I know it's not for T7. I'm just not seeing they putting that work for next installment. Not when they got all the frame data basically unchanged albeit very slightly tweaked since Tag2. If they do consider going extra length for T8 and not make it T7 version B, I'd rather have full reboot. New engine, new fighting mechanics, new moves, brand new animations, all of them. Even if the roster had to be T3/T4 small. And again Yes to faster Tekken(with better netcode), not slower to accommodate existing netcode.

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi
tekken7-ps4-pc-character-usage.png

Raven in the bottom five????

Ok, I need to play some more just to troll people with her.

I am skeptical of Kaz being that high. I see one every now and then, but not like King, Hwoarang, Drag, and Bryan. Hell, Law is even MORE rare for me.

Oh well, RIP Raven in Tekken 8

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
tekken7-ps4-pc-character-usage.png

Raven in the bottom five????

Ok, I need to play some more just to troll people with her.

I am skeptical of Kaz being that high. I see one every now and then, but not like King, Hwoarang, Drag, and Bryan. Hell, Law is even MORE rare for me.

Oh well, RIP Raven in Tekken 8

That poll is nearly 9 months old, dude. Irrelevant.

Besides there's shitload of Ravens online on PS4 EU.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017
Also consider that at the time that chart was made, if you were playing matches above Green Ranks you were only seeing 20% of the online ranked playerbase, at best. Surely much less than that now. The Pauls, Laws, Kings and Kazuyas all have much stronger representation at the bottom of the ladder because they are the faces of the franchise and casuals love them.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I did it. Kaz is Vansquisher.

Against some random Eliza. Oh well, win is a win. Lately I was fighting sole Vanquishers with Kaz. Today I was fighting this great Vanq Steve. Earned some points the hard way. later I got this Vanq Ling, I won first fight and I had the Promo for next. I was nervous and stupidly lost. Dude run. Next fight was this Eliza and I got the promo. I wish I got the promo against that Steve or Ling. Those were full blown difficult fights.

After this promo I got to fight that Vanq Steve from before. Those were great fights, but I forgot to record, damn. But I feel confident in my Kaz now. I should be able to get to Destroyer soon.

kazuya_mishima_tekken2_by_hanaca_mocaful_dam65t6.jpg

Oct 25, 2017
Ann Arbor, Mi

Against some random Eliza. Oh well, win is a win. Lately I was fighting sole Vanquishers with Kaz. Today I was fighting this great Vanq Steve. Earned some points the hard way. later I got this Vanq Ling, I won first fight and I had the Promo for next. I was nervous and stupidly lost. Dude run. Next fight was this Eliza and I got the promo. I wish I got the promo against that Steve or Ling. Those were full blown difficult fights.

After this promo I got to fight that Vanq Steve from before. Those were great fights, but I forgot to record, damn. But I feel confident in my Kaz now. I should be able to get to Destroyer soon.

Congrats!

You made it fam!

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Good job! Yeah, that Eliza player was garbage, but that promo must be earned first, which isn't easy.
I don't like playing ranked on PS4. Too laggy in most cases. I will mostly play lobby on PS4 and ranked on PC, I guess.

Got my second Vanquisher on PC. Against a decent Ling player. Ling is hard to fight against, even if you play her yourself o.o

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Good job! Yeah, that Eliza player was garbage, but that promo must be earned first, which isn't easy.
I don't like playing ranked on PS4. Too laggy in most cases. I will mostly play lobby on PS4 and ranked on PC, I guess.

Got my second Vanquisher on PC. Against a decent Ling player. Ling is hard to fight against, even if you play her yourself o.o

Thanks. Laggy is relative, I can play on fine 3 bars if it's stable 3 bars with no wonkyness. Numb served me unplayable connection last time, it said 4 but it was so incredibly jerky I had better 2 bar connections.

One dude did on me 14 frame block electric punish + 5 electrics on 3 bars. Double electric b+4 which is so hard even offline. Bryan's Taunt f+2,1,4 on 3 bars. Some people are incredible on ranked that lag feels like an excuse.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have any idea when SC6 is coming out? I know there's no official date given yet but what's the current speculation? Summer? Winter? I'm thinking of making an OT for that in a similar vein for this one as well as an additional update. Treat the two threads as sister threads of sorts.

DoubleTake Nikashi heya, may I make a request from ye two? Would ye delete your first 2 comments in this OT just so the OT looks a little smoother? You can replace them with a .

SC6 is still cooking. Probably Fall.

SquirrelSoup

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Anyone have any idea when SC6 is coming out? I know there's no official date given yet but what's the current speculation? Summer? Winter? I'm thinking of making an OT for that in a similar vein for this one as well as an additional update. Treat the two threads as sister threads of sorts.

I'm fairly sure that if it was going to be out before EVO we'd know by now and it'd be there.

So i'd say September at the earliest and delayed until next year at the latest. My guess would be October or November.

(And i'd definitely appreciate an OP as slick as this one, though perhaps smaller to not scare people away as much <.< )

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Thanks. Laggy is relative, I can play on fine 3 bars if it's stable 3 bars with no wonkyness. Numb served me unplayable connection last time, it said 4 but it was so incredibly jerky I had better 2 bar connections.

One dude did on me 14 frame block electric punish + 5 electrics on 3 bars. Double electric b+4 which is so hard even offline. Bryan's Taunt f+2,1,4 on 3 bars. Some people are incredible on ranked that lag feels like an excuse.

Yeah, but comparing PS4 to PC, I just feel like I accomplish a lot less on PS4 because of the lag. That's why I don't feel like putting any more hours into ranked on PS4.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Damn, I had such a ridiculous long set in ranked, haha. I fought this wild Lars with my Steve. This guy just wouldn't let go. He got promoted against me and went on. I saw that as an opportunity and I eventually demoted him while earning my promotion. At this time the points were worth nothing but we kept fighting for honor. I said to myself that if I get 5 win streak I'll leave. This guy must've thought the same because we rematched endlessly. Whenever I got 4 wins, this guy started fighting back and he was killing me 4-0 then I broke his streak and started mine. It went back and forth like that countless times.

"We gonna keep going like this for a week!"

I eventually got the 5th win by a pixel and ended this. Thank heavens because I was totally exhausted, haha.

gitttt.gif

Love stuff like that.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
C6v5HbUVwAAzzYD.jpg:large

What is she smoking?
i love the #FGCmangaedits twitter

Gimme moah!

Damn, I had such a ridiculous long set in ranked, haha. I fought this wild Lars with my Steve. This guy just wouldn't let go. He got promoted against me and went on. I saw that as an opportunity and I eventually demoted him while earning my promotion. At this time the points were worth nothing but we kept fighting for honor. I said to myself that if I get 5 win streak I'll leave. This guy must've thought the same because we rematched endlessly. Whenever I got 4 wins, this guy started fighting back and he was killing me 4-0 then I broke his streak and started mine. It went back and forth like that countless times.

"We gonna keep going like this for a week!"

I eventually got the 5th win by a pixel and ended this. Thank heavens because I was totally exhausted, haha.

gitttt.gif

Love stuff like that.

Good Lars players are a rarity these days.
My Steve sucks so much. Gotta get him to TTT2 levels again. Maybe I should concentrate on Hwo and Chloe until the tournaments are over.

Oh, did I tell you guys? I signed up for two tournaments. One at the end of May (Hessencrash here in Frankfurt, which should be small-ish) and Damagermany a week after that where both Mr. Naps and Knee are going to show up as well!

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Gimme moah!

Good Lars players are a rarity these days.
My Steve sucks so much. Gotta get him to TTT2 levels again. Maybe I should concentrate on Hwo and Chloe until the tournaments are over.

Oh, did I tell you guys? I signed up for two tournaments. One at the end of May (Hessencrash here in Frankfurt, which should be small-ish) and Damagermany a week after that where both Mr. Naps and Knee are going to show up as well!

Yeah, I should dust off my crappy Lars seeing as this guy went for some fearless shit against me and it was quite effective. Suicide Lars = Best Lars.

I don't get any practice against Chloe, when she shows up it's like a sucker punch to the face and she's gone. I'd need a true deathmatch to learn how to beat her.

Nice, you'll have an occasion to bump both Naps and Knee. ;)

If you focus fully on 2 characters you should be good at the tournaments, it's still a tome of knowledge. Good luck.