• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I hit blue rank for the first time tonight in ranked!

Had to do it beating out Bob, Geese and Feng. Feelsgoodman!

And yes I am well aware ultimately it means nothing in regards to actual skill but it's a nice thing to look at. Also I know it's dumb but I feel more confident about my play seeing that "Initiate" there.

Now step back as I feel good about myself this weekend playing ranked to then get bodied (and learn) at my local on Monday. :D

Congrats! Take it one step at a time and you'll be good.

Damn, just noticed Phoenix RISING got perma-banned, and it seems like it stemmed from that same basement wrecking incident.

I'm gonna miss him. Like me, he was proud to play Tekken incorrectly.

Damn. What did he do?

He was one of the lively ones here, shame.

Deleted member 34197

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 23, 2017
We can all agree that in Tekken female characters suck, right?
Not even talking about tiers, just, you know, they are trash.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Forget movement and match ups... My biggest weakness is by far when I am hit to the ground... How the hell do you get back up on your feet in this game? If my opponent catches on that they can just abuse me when I am on the ground I go from 100% HP to 0 without getting up.... Just went up against a guy and he did a low attack that tracked me when rolling and if I tried to just stand up and low block I got hit during the stand up animation (me holding back and down)... Clearly I am missing something on how to get up on my feet because shiiiit. This goes for some of my opponents as well... Some get up np and some just get hit by everything I throw at them on the ground.

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Forget movement and match ups... My biggest weakness is by far when I am hit to the ground... How the hell do you get back up on your feet in this game? If my opponent catches on that they can just abuse me when I am on the ground I go from 100% HP to 0 without getting up.... Just went up against a guy and he did a low attack that tracked me when rolling and if I tried to just stand up and low block I got hit during the stand up animation (me holding back and down)... Clearly I am missing something on how to get up on my feet because shiiiit. This goes for some of my opponents as well... Some get up np and some just get hit by everything I throw at them on the ground.

ground game was way more unforgiving before but its still deep get with the homework

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Damn. What did he do?

He was one of the lively ones here, shame.

Looks like it stemmed from this: https://www.resetera.com/threads/gi...han-any-other-genre.46632/page-4#post-8697827

It is sad, because it seemed like people wouldn't stop bringing up the incident and just let him move on. Oh well. Hope he's doing well.

We can all agree that in Tekken female characters suck, right?
Not even talking about tiers, just, you know, they are trash.

This has got to be the most random post I've ever seen, when you combine the bizarre opinion with the fact that it was completely unrelated to anything anyone was talking about. Good job, you've raised (lowered?) the bar!

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
I was making tier list of tekken girl coolness and took too long so keeping it short
Jun,Kazumi,Master Raven at the top
Chloe, Asuka and Ling bottom

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
panda and kuma got different slots but we cant even get Christie as a pallete for eddy

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't believe another "season" or "T7.5" or whatever they'll call it, isn't coming. I still expect announcement at the end of the year.

They can't leave out JC, Ganryu, Lei, Armor King in the trash. I don't believe they didn't get at least 100.000 requests for missing characters.

They will do something.

Oct 27, 2017
I was making tier list of tekken girl coolness and took too long so keeping it short
Jun,Kazumi,Master Raven at the top
Chloe, Asuka and Ling bottom

I did one anyway (ranked by coolness)

Queen: Anna
S+ Tier: Nina
S Tier: Jun, Kunimitsu, Michelle, Julia, Kazumi, Master Raven
A Tier: Katarina, Zafina, Ling, Angel, Asuka, Christie
B Tier: Lili, Josie, Miharu, Eliza, Panda
Dumpster Fire: Alisa, Devil Kazumi
Cow Dung: Lucky Chloe

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
No love for Chloe! I have her solid mid tier coolness, second best new girl after Kazumi.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lucky Chloe definitely looks weak, but her damage is devastating.

op anime girls need to be stopped

This jf is insane.

Few days ago I played some ranked Feng for the first time and this "low ranked" Chloe did that JF combo after every launch. Devastating. One time in rage he took out 80% of my life clean and no, without rage arts/drives, just that roll launcher into JF and other shit. I think I beat him only once.

SquirrelSoup

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
This jf is insane.

Few days ago I played some ranked Feng for the first time and this "low ranked" Chloe did that JF combo after every launch. Devastating. One time in rage he took out 80% of my life clean and no, without rage arts/drives, just that roll launcher into JF and other shit. I think I beat him only once.
It's not really a JF, you can basically mash it. Chloe is a high damage character, that's just how it is.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It's not really a JF, you can basically mash it. Chloe is a high damage character, that's just how it is.

It's not a JF, but I wouldn't say you can really mash it either. It's more timing based than anything, like a lot of Chloe's moves (including her RA).
Once you got the "rhythm" down it's easy to do though. And also your go to combo since anything else whiffs if you're a little off-axis. I have to use it a lot more instead of what I do right now.

Line X

Oct 26, 2017
Are there even non-hit confirmable JF's anymore, if that makes any sense? I remember in 6 Lars's DE 1,2 was also a DE 1:2 where it was 3 hits and jailed but they took that part away. Now it just feels like you can do Alisa's ff+1+2 or Paul's Demoman fairly easily, I dunno...

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to learn a few new characters, mainly to learn match ups for my main boy Noctis but also too branch out and find new fun characters to play. Started with Kazumi yesterday, becasue that flying stand looked really fun and felt like a better version of the dodge roll Noctis can use. And she is fun but am I correct in saying that she takes a lot of "work" to do good with? I feel like she rarely get these huge launch combos started and most of the damage comes from pokes, mixup / 50/50s and stuff from wall splat?

Edit: Oooh I gotta say though, I did not know her RSS 2 is a safe high launcher and good against jabs... Hmm that is something I need to start to use.

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Are there even non-hit confirmable JF's anymore, if that makes any sense? I remember in 6 Lars's DE 1,2 was also a DE 1:2 where it was 3 hits and jailed but they took that part away. Now it just feels like you can do Alisa's ff+1+2 or Paul's Demoman fairly easily, I dunno...

Lee's 1:3:3:3 and 3~3:4 are still true JF's and that's it. Yeah timing on demo man has become so lenient that when I fired up Tekken 4 it felt near impossible to pull off.
Not only JF's are gone, countless little secrets and gameplay details like different hit reactions based on range the move hits from are basically all gone leving the game very dry. Part of why T7 will never be anywhere close to the best in the serries for me. They've cut too much soul and personality out of it.

SquirrelSoup

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Trying to learn a few new characters, mainly to learn match ups for my main boy Noctis but also too branch out and find new fun characters to play. Started with Kazumi yesterday, becasue that flying stand looked really fun and felt like a better version of the dodge roll Noctis can use. And she is fun but am I correct in saying that she takes a lot of "work" to do good with? I feel like she rarely get these huge launch combos started and most of the damage comes from pokes, mixup / 50/50s and stuff from wall splat?
Edit: Oooh I gotta say though, I did not know her RSS 2 is a safe high launcher and good against jabs... Hmm that is something I need to start to use.
IMO it's the opposite, she takes very little work to do good with. She has a limited set of tools but what she has is really good. It's true that she doesn't have a conventional df2 and her hopkick sucks, so in that sense she doesn't have the simplest launchers. Buuut she has Fly 2 for a safe high launcher and ff4 for a safe mid launcher. Also, uf3,4,3 is a safe mid instant screw launcher as long as you hit confirm the last hit (which is pretty easy), and she has some pretty good Ch launchers like her magic 4 (which is fantastic, use it a lot) and fly 3. Hell, her ws 2 is only -12 too, that's not too bad. And her RD is a very, very good launcher too.

On top of that, she has some guaranteed followups to stuff which do big chunks of damage. It might not be a full combo but still. The main one is 3,2 which guarantees either a d2 or an 1+4 tiger (Tiger is more damage but negative on hit, it can go poorly in some situations). You get the same off CH db4 too.

Lee's 1:3:3:3 and 3~3:4 are still true JF's and that's it. Yeah timing on demo man has become so lenient that when I fired up Tekken 4 it felt near impossible to pull off.
Not only JF's are gone, countless little secrets and gameplay details like different hit reactions based on range the move hits from are basically all gone leving the game very dry. Part of why T7 will never be anywhere close to the best in the serries for me. They've cut too much soul and personality out of it.
'dry' or 'soulless' are the last words i'd use to describe T7. <.<

There's definitely more JFs than just those two. Even Lee also has b1:1,2. And -your characters- do too, Paul has ff2:1 and Kaz has ewgf. They even added new ones like Alisa DES 2:1. Not all of them are equally hard/have minuscule windows, but that's not new to T7.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
IMO it's the opposite, she takes very little work to do good with. She has a limited set of tools but what she has is really good.
I perhaps worded it poorly. But it just feels like I am throwing out so many attacks as her compared to the other characters I've tried, it felt like I never stopped pressing buttons or move around (which also could be because I am getting more used to the game and just playing faster). So I don't mean it in a "she is difficult to play" kind of way more "my fingers and hands are getting tired" kind of way. I also play on a stick so my hands are way more active which I am not used to.

I definetly see how her moves are great though. And yes when I wrote before I did not know about her safe launchers and I quickly noticed her hopkick was trash. The magic 4 was the only one I used when I tried her yesterday and yup crazy how good it was. Also her 3 2 is something I used and with D2 it was about 40 damage which is crazy for how safe it was to use.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

EWGF, OTGF, JFSR and other moves are still true JFs.

Edit: Oh, you guys meant hit confirmable JFs. Yeah, I'm not sure about those. Paul still has one though, doesn't he?

SquirrelSoup

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
So are any of you EU boys getting BBTag when it comes out later this week?

Personally i'm really looking forward to it, but i'm on holiday in the UK for a week starting tomorrow, so i won't be able to play until late next week sadly.