• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
AK is soooooo much fun. I just need to learn his chain throws now.

His chain throws are almost entirely pointless. Your time is better spent learning instant shining wizard and giant swing, and getting them out of wavedash.

Been playing with him a bit, AK feels realy solid, absolutely huge damage as well. His lows are still meh, but that's Kings for you.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Thanks man.

Nice work bro! Solid stuff all around. I've seen just some matches but LCQ was probably the best tournament in the year.

Thank you. I really liked the LCQ matches. Some really unexpected stuff happening.

His chain throws are almost entirely pointless. Your time is better spent learning instant shining wizard and giant swing, and getting them out of wavedash.

Been playing with him a bit, AK feels realy solid, absolutely huge damage as well. His lows are still meh, but that's Kings for you.

I think the chain throws do get some use, but I agree with you. There's other stuff that one should concentrate on.
Getting giant swing out of a wave dash is kinda hard for me. I'm not used to half circle motions at all.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
There's big glitch for Marduk. I was fighting against this Marduk and I kept breaking his tackle punches countless times but I noticed that sometime when I broke it at last frames the game acted like it landed and the damage on me just showed up on my life bar right when I broke it.

Fix this shit Namco.

Also not including best AK outfit?

l1Ei66G.jpg

xCoGFLk.jpg

Doomshine

Oct 30, 2017
There's big glitch for Marduk. I was fighting against this Marduk and I kept breaking his tackle punches countless times but I noticed that sometime when I broke it at last frames the game acted like it landed and the damage on me just showed up on my life bar right when I broke it.
That sounds like it could be rollback.

Oct 27, 2017
There's just a lot of hype behind Tekken 7 that I wish Tekken Tag 2 would have had instead. I'll always remember Tekken 7 for its 2.5 year arcade only run, bad customs, unnecessary and annoying guest characters, and developer u-turns on some of their commitments ("early 2017" and going from "we don't charge for characters" to "we dont charge for returning/legacy characters" to "we can charge for any character.") Tekken 7 is tainted for me. I hope there's not a season 3 and we move on to Tekken 8.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
There's just a lot of hype behind Tekken 7 that I wish Tekken Tag 2 would have had instead. I'll always remember Tekken 7 for its 2.5 year arcade only run, bad customs, unnecessary and annoying guest characters, and developer u-turns on some of their commitments ("early 2017" and going from "we don't charge for characters" to "we dont charge for returning/legacy characters" to "we can charge for any character.") Tekken 7 is tainted for me. I hope there's not a season 3 and we move on to Tekken 8.
I got into TTT2 when it was almost dead and haven't experienced any events except for very small tournaments (10 players). T7 is the first game I followed from the very beginning and where I entered bigger tournaments. Even our local tournament had ~50 participants last year.
It's also the first game I actually feel competent at. TTT2 always seemed overwhelming to me and I felt like I had to consider way more than one brain could handle. T7 is easier and therefore more fun for me. It's also more fun to watch.

The wait was brutal though. And the content (especially at launch) was not enough. Costumization sucks. I just love the game though and last weekend just confirmed this for me.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm just getting back into it after a month or so away and fuuuuuck stupid characters with fireballs and swords and firaga or whatever the fuck. jesus.

Oct 27, 2017
I got into TTT2 when it was almost dead and haven't experienced any events except for very small tournaments (10 players). T7 is the first game I followed from the very beginning and where I entered bigger tournaments. Even our local tournament had ~50 participants last year.
It's also the first game I actually feel competent at. TTT2 always seemed overwhelming to me and I felt like I had to consider way more than one brain could handle. T7 is easier and therefore more fun for me. It's also more fun to watch.

The wait was brutal though. And the content (especially at launch) was not enough. Costumization sucks. I just love the game though and last weekend just confirmed this for me.

Im glad you're enjoying it. I've also liked Tekken 7 more since Anna got introduced but at the same time still butthurt about the whole experience lol

Oct 28, 2017
Who's more effective with a lesser amount of work put in, AK or Marduk? I have time on Gigas for Marduk, and Mishimas + King for AK. I don't have nearly as much time as I used to for going into training mode as I used to but I want to pick up one of them and throw em in the rotation.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
If anyone wants to cheese treasure battle, I've gotten 60 wins in a row using the following A. King strategy:

DF 1+2. F4 (repeat, do it when they are knocked down)

The AI will not be able to get out of it most of the time. I think I lost 2 matches in the last 80+ lol. Going to keep grinding.

Also, does anyone here want to do the online trophies tomorrow? I'm down to play the game for real after, its so good.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Who's more effective with a lesser amount of work put in, AK or Marduk? I have time on Gigas for Marduk, and Mishimas + King for AK. I don't have nearly as much time as I used to for going into training mode as I used to but I want to pick up one of them and throw em in the rotation.

Armor King is the easier character when it comes to his overall gameplan. He's harder in terms of execution though.
Marduk has some stance shenanigans with cancels that you have to consider. My Marduk knowledge is extremely limited though. Maybe Manbig can give you more insight.

Also, does anyone here want to do the online trophies tomorrow? I'm down to play the game for real after, its so good.

Where do you live?

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017

This attitude baffles me, when you have so many half baked, unfinished games come out, people complain.When developers take their time to make sure stuff is good, people complain.

When you don't add new characters, people complain, when you DO add new characters, people complain that you don't work for free. (Seriously, find the tweet, it was years ago, from Harada about his wishes, not a 'promise' of any kind).

Luckily, you're in the minority. I don't miss TTT2 one bit, it was niche, and nearly killed the franchise.

stn

Oct 28, 2017
Armor King is the easier character when it comes to his overall gameplan. He's harder in terms of execution though.
Marduk has some stance shenanigans with cancels that you have to consider. My Marduk knowledge is extremely limited though. Maybe Manbig can give you more insight.

Where do you live?
EST timezone, play on PS4. PSN is "stnhdr"... add me if you want to help each other out. Seems like it can be done very quickly.

Oct 27, 2017
This attitude baffles me, when you have so many half baked, unfinished games come out, people complain.When developers take their time to make sure stuff is good, people complain.

When you don't add new characters, people complain, when you DO add new characters, people complain that you don't work for free. (Seriously, find the tweet, it was years ago, from Harada about his wishes, not a 'promise' of any kind).

Luckily, you're in the minority. I don't miss TTT2 one bit, it was niche, and nearly killed the franchise.
Yes, Tekken 7 totally wasn't half baked at launch despite having 2+ years to develop content during arcade run :lol

No replay save option
No tutorial
No character endings
No online practice mode
Recycled customs
Gameplay system that modders easily replicated on Tekken 6 PSP

Harada didn't just tweet about that. He also talked about this in interviews. I'm not married to Tekken or its developers and don't have any issue calling out bullshit when I see it. In any case, I'll hope that they do better with Tekken 8.

famikon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ベラルーシ
Yes, Tekken 7 totally wasn't half baked at launch despite having 2+ years to develop content during arcade run :lol

No replay save option
No tutorial
No character endings
No online practice mode
Recycled customs
Gameplay system that modders easily replicated on Tekken 6 PSP

Harada didn't just tweet about that. He also talked about this in interviews. I'm not married to Tekken or its developers and don't have any issue calling out bullshit when I see it. In any case, I'll hope that they do better with Tekken 8.
And, no team battle, as well.

Deleted member 5593

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Tekken Tag 2 was Namco's Magnum Opus. The game was as ugly as Tekken 7 as far as customizations went. But I'll forever be grateful I traveled and competed during that game's era. Most enjoyable competitive gaming moments I'll probably ever have.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Tekken Tag 2 was Namco's Magnum Opus. The game was as ugly as Tekken 7 as far as customizations went. But I'll forever be grateful I traveled and competed during that game's era. Most enjoyable competitive gaming moments I'll probably ever have.
The last time I talked about Tag 2 was at a local. I said that I like Tekken Tag 2, but I don't compare it to other Tekken games.

We're done. AAK

GjdkNXm.png

Last edited:

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Last edited:

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
All these devs on Twitter need to think twelve times before attacking anyone. It's almost never a good look. Unless you're Kamiya, but then it doesn't carry any weight.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/a4srz0/next_years_twt_is_looking_more_and_more_precarious/

I didn't know they cut the prize in half from last year. Like really ? What do they expect lol.
That's just not where they spend their money. It all went into production.
They could change it with a little bit of TWT DLC and maybe a few decent sponsor deals. It sounded like CPT actually makes money according to that weird leak a while back. There are ways.

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I trust Wonkey to provide more reliable, balanced info than I do the actual developers who are known for going back and forth on what they say. He's put more effort in keeping us informed about Tekken than anyone else (on Twitter and through his years of free contributions to ATP). Instead of taking it personally, they should at least consider the constructive feedback from fans. I love Tekken thanks to its best in class gameplay system but I don't know about the developers.

Virtua Fighter 6 needs to release and kick Tekken in the ass so namco can get off their high horse. Until SCVI, Tekken 7 remained the only traditional 3D fighter on PS4 that isn't a port. The days of competition in this subgenre are gone.

Deleted member 5593

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Virtua Fighter 6 needs to release and kick Tekken in the ass so namco can get off their high horse. Until SCVI, Tekken 7 remained the only traditional 3D fighter on PS4 that isn't a port. The days of competition in this subgenre are gone.

At this point I doubt that will ever happen. I have my reservations whether the talent who developed VF6 still even work at Sega AM2. Virtua Fighter is probably the latest to join the 3D Fighting Game franchise graveyard giving company to Bloody Roar, Tobal, Rival Schools, and the like.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, I trust Wonkey to provide more reliable, balanced info than I do the actual developers who are known for going back and forth on what they say. He's put more effort in keeping us informed about Tekken than anyone else (on Twitter and through his years of free contributions to ATP). Instead of taking it personally, they should at least consider the constructive feedback from fans. I love Tekken thanks to its best in class gameplay system but I don't know about the developers.

Wonkey works for free on ATP ? Damn

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
My first day on a stick:

SFV f2p: "Wow, this is way easier than when I played SFIV on a pad. QCF and Z motions are pretty easy."
Tekken 7: "Wow, I can't do anything anymore. How do I launch?"

I'll probably learn a new character so I have no muscle memory messing things up so I can re-learn how to play, but still, having to slightly delay the input after a df is fucked up. Or the ws timing. Oof.

The qcf stance motion like Leo's Jin Bu or Lili's Dew Glide is also peculiar. It's a little tricky to execute properly.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
At this point I doubt that will ever happen. I have my reservations whether the talent who developed VF6 still even work at Sega AM2. Virtua Fighter is probably the latest to join the 3D Fighting Game franchise graveyard giving company to Bloody Roar, Tobal, Rival Schools, and the like.

I hope that isn't the case. :/

Wonkey works for free on ATP ? Damn

As far as I know. AAK can probably confirm, though, considering he also contributes to ATP.