• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
I would do a hard pass on TK X SF, unless it's mechanically different from Tekken 7 in handling 2D fighters.

It's already very hard to tolerate Akuma, Geese, Eliza, and Noctis. I don't think I'd be able to play a Tekken where half the roster is these 2D wannabe fighters.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah TxSF doesn't sound appealing at all. I don't like playing against the 2D characters, they feel like "not Tekken". A whole game of that sounds awful.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
3,3 being nc for Lei is good.

Wonder what knockdown is Armor King's f+1+2 now.

Vanilla stages is the best change but why only 3?

They really need to change the awful red filter on volcano stage. Making everything bleeding red is so dumb. The red saturation is so strong that no color displays even slightly near it's values. It even overwrites black and white. Lava can be orange/red in the background, doesn't mean everything else has to be.

This fucking stage. Doesn't help that random select seems to love it.

Rajang

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Was hoping for some Feng buffs.

269717528501157888.png

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Nina's buff looks pretty strong. Alisa seems to get buffs in every patch.

Lei's 3,3 change to a NC knockdown is actually better than it looks at first glance. He actually has no reliable knock down move from standing until i17. 3,3 at i14 changes that. all of his other standing attacks i14 or faster don't knock down. At i15, his uppercut's range isn't great and it doesn't launch crouchers. His i15 hop kick has almost zero range itself to be useful.

Only his i17 b+2,4 knocks down reliably before this buff, and even that's a mid/high string.

Last edited:

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
I've been looking for a decent deal on season pass 2 for the steam version, but no luck so far. :(

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Of course when Julia comes out, I'm on a business trip and can't try her. Post impressions so I can live vicariously through you!

Oct 25, 2017
Negan feels incredibly out of place, yeah. All of his animations just feel awkward in a Tekken context when they might be unnerving in the show itself.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Negan feels incredibly out of place, yeah. All of his animations just feel awkward in a Tekken context when they might be unnerving in the show itself.

He was a dumb idea from the start. What can you do with a character that has no fighting style and his only "action" in the show was whacking defenseless people in the head with a bat?

I checked his moveset. Huge surprise, he just whacks people in the head. Like really. They tried so hard to make something, anything from his moveset but really, there's nothing aside of bat whacking.

And yeah his animations. I noticed long ago how T7 original animations don't exactly hold a candle to previous games, but Negan is whole other level of shitty. Like he was made by C team animators.

I hope that Negan will bomb so it'll be a message that Tekken fans don't want this kind of trash in Tekken.

Hpy3ic9.gif

Oct 25, 2017
idk, I still think Negan's animation look better than a lot of the animations for some of the older characters. Hellsweep is a terrible animation (outside of Jin) for example, and most of the rest of Heihachi and other mishimas moveset dont look too much better.

A character like Miguel though, thats some good animating.

In the end, I dont really care. Like Negan is bad, but they literally couldnt add anyone worse than Noctis, so the damage was done already.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Disagree. Mishimas have good animations. The thing is most of them are 15 years and older. They've been cleaned up since T5 but essentially they're the same.

Hellsweep is good, it was unrealistic since T1 but it is very smooth and they mostly fixed 180 degrees torso twist in T6/Tag2.

It's good that they didn't try to "fix" hellsweep in T7 because 85% of true original T7 animations are subpar. I don't believe for a second that all the people who made good T5DR, T6 or Tag2 animations were still working on T7, maybe on part Vanilla at the begining, but FR or S2, hell nah.

Miguel's good example, everything from T6 and Tag2 looks good because it's old. 1 new move he's got, his db+2 just looks awkward but it's nothing compared to his ragedrive where they mashed 2 moves that completely don't flow or mash up together.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm watching streem guy testing frame data on new chars.

Seems that Julia's b+3,4 is safe now?! (double sweep)

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy combo videos already. These guys must not sleep, lol.

So much hype!

Just watched a full moveset video, looks like she's still got pretty much everything I care about. Only thing I didn't like was it looks like 111 knocks back so much that you can't do anything with it, and 114 is gone. That's annoying. But everything else is awesome. Also, why are 10 strings still in the game, what the hell.

It's going to be brutal having to wait another week-ish to play her.

Negan looks comically terrible. Just everything. Moveset is boring and stupid, animation is terrible. Worst guest character since Yoda.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I watched over 3 hours of this guy's stream checking Julia's and Negan's frame data and wow, Julia got shit end of the stick.
She's like -14 on everything, -13 if she's lucky, highly interpretable at that.
Negan - opposite. Hella safe, tons of quick unblockables, low pokes that are barely -11 and + on hit. Strings that you can't tell one from the other. Stupid damage.
Nice obvious op'ness for a shitty character to make ppl buy him.

YCYIsiP.gif

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Punishable moves make me sad, but the Discord seems pretty happy overall so far. i15 massive damage d/f+2,1 sounds lovely.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Okay practice mode for Julia combos and tech has been pretty sweet plus all the videos are great too....but like how do I actually PLAY her?

Like what's the game plan for a Julia scrub like me? Key moves, cool frame traps, good CH and crush moves etc. Any Julia experts here or any guides out?

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I need to learn Armor King again. Didn't play him since release days and forgot everything, don't have a game plan and giant swings comes out every time in practice mode but never online - I just don't understand.

Had a session with Doomshine. Of course he has Negan. GG's.
My AK got bumped hard so I switched to Paul because I'm not gonna screw around against some Vegan.

Fighting Negan is even worse then it looks. You think I could tell the difference from 1 bat swing and 56 others? Nah. And that's after checking his frame data day before. Once in a fight everything looks the same. It's easy to say: "Oh this swing is punishable" when he has tons near identical others. Everything about him is awful. I only won with Paul because I was fishing for counter hits and pokes.

Supposedly Namco had to up the ESRB rating for Tekken 7 because of this one character that spews "shit" every 2 seconds.
This whole character is such an embarrassment.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Well, Negan is pretty weak to SSR, and I'm having some success at attacking his Intimidation stance when he does that knee breaker attack (d/b+2) instead of waiting for him to mix me up with the mids, inescapable throw and unblockable. Also, be sure to launch his PC attack from standing since it is -15.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, Negan is pretty weak to SSR, and I'm having some success at attacking his Intimidation stance when he does that knee breaker attack (d/b+2) instead of waiting for him to mix me up with the mids, inescapable throw and unblockable. Also, be sure to launch his PC attack from standing since it is -15.

His power crush launcher? Nah, I was waiting for it but Doomshine used it maybe 5 times on 25+ matches. Doomshine always goes for +frames on block, pokes, SS and launch. He rarely goes for launch punishable moves unless it's from max range so can't be punished anyway.

Neoraxis

Nov 27, 2017
In my opinion Josie is by far the worst character in T7, her animations are one of the most generic shit I've ever seen in a fighting game...there is nothing unique or memorable about her move list at all other than that she moves like a kangaroo lol, they even changed a lot of bruce's signature moves like the low kick to uppercut and the triple knee move into something boring.

In short, kill Josie and bring back Bruce.

tumblr_nnmhwnmRtb1rnk8peo1_540.gif

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't know if it's my internet or if they "patched" online again and broke something but I get mid match disconnects on PS4 so often it's almost unplayable.

I don't know what's going on.

It's shitty.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Julia is reallllly good, goddamn. Top 10 for sure, if not higher.

Plus, she's really fun as well.

Spuck-

Banned
Nov 7, 2017
Okay practice mode for Julia combos and tech has been pretty sweet plus all the videos are great too....but like how do I actually PLAY her?

Like what's the game plan for a Julia scrub like me? Key moves, cool frame traps, good CH and crush moves etc. Any Julia experts here or any guides out?

Fergus is working on a guide, this should help a lot.https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_Nb6nMyjUpAlczxV5vj47Q3kg5acobRQjf2Pve9WIXU/edit?usp=sharing

She has really, realllly good mids, bully them hard with these from range 0-1, if they insist on blocking, hit them with d3, dbow and arrow, and mad axes.

If you land a combo, take them all the way to the wall from anywhere, on any stage, and make them hate life.