• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rajang

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
In my opinion Josie is by far the worst character in T7, her animations are one of the most generic shit I've ever seen in a fighting game...there is nothing unique or memorable about her move list at all other than that she moves like a kangaroo lol, they even changed a lot of bruce's signature moves like the low kick to uppercut and the triple knee move into something boring.

In short, kill Josie and bring back Bruce.

tumblr_nnmhwnmRtb1rnk8peo1_540.gif

Well said.

Oct 27, 2017
I used to be able to easily do Julia's shotgun combos in past Tekken games using just a standard qcf motion. But now I can't seem to do these combos at all in Tekken 7. :/

I'm playing with dualshock 4, which I also used for Tag 2.

lazzlyb

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Interesting, it seems like the Tekken World Tour rules on stage selection have been changed. If you lose a game you may now select any stage as long as you don't change your character.

From the TWT rules page:
8.1.5. Stage Selection
For the first Game of the Match, players will utilize Random Stage Selection. For each subsequent Game in the Match, the Player who lost the previous Game may choose a stage if they have not changed their character (see Tie Games in 8.1.6 for exceptions). If the losing Player has chosen to change their character they must use Random Stage Selection.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Interesting, it seems like the Tekken World Tour rules on stage selection have been changed. If you lose a game you may now select any stage as long as you don't change your character.

From the TWT rules page:
This is a great change IMO. Though I feel like they need to add some more stages for this to have a better effect for viewers. As is, there's only one floorbreak stage, so certain characters (King) will ALWAYS choose that one. Would be nice for them to add some new stages in an update/dlc and mix it up a bit, have a stage with a floor AND balcony break or something.

lazzlyb

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
This is a great change IMO. Though I feel like they need to add some more stages for this to have a better effect for viewers. As is, there's only one floorbreak stage, so certain characters (King) will ALWAYS choose that one. Would be nice for them to add some new stages in an update/dlc and mix it up a bit, have a stage with a floor AND balcony break or something.

I agree, the change is very good, but the lack of diversity in stages is a little bit of an issue. I like the new (old) stages that came with the latest update, but I think it would have been better if they had added even one new stage instead. Of course it's much more work for them, so I understand why that didn't happen.

Now that we got the new jungle stage, I have been thinking it would have been really cool if it wasn't just a visual mod, but the stage had some differences. I mean, what if for instance the first part of the stage had a breakable floor? Then you would have the option to go downstairs with either a balcony break or a floor break, and then you would still have a wall available. I think that would be really cool!

Doomshine

Oct 30, 2017
Twilight Conflict 2 is slightly different. It has the balcony break on the other side, but that's how it was originally too. They are just 7.0 versions of the stages.

Usually when players are allowed to select stages they go for small or infinite stages depending on their characters.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Which way do you sidestep Julia? especially her safe hopkick exploit
I'm not sure I'd call it an exploit since it's been in previous Tekkens.

Side walking either side works best, but a SSL is much better than a SSR attempt. Depending on your character's side step rating, you can SSL the hop kick completely (Lili, Alisa who can step either side) or pretty much not at all (Gigas). Test your character to see what works.

For those that can SSL, some of them might get clipped by the first kick, but the second will whiff for a free launch.

Lastly, I think that Julia in general is more vulnerable to SSR.

Last edited:

cj_iwakura

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coral Springs, FL
I picked up 7 just for Julia's comeback, wasn't disappointed. She plays mostly like I expect, thank god they ditched JC.

Are there any good guides to her?

Also kind of bummed out by how story mode ended, I wound up feeling bad for Heihachi.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
GGs GrayFox! It's been a (long) while since we last played. That was fun. And very even for the most part.
My Steve needs some serious work lol.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Dang, that one King player did me good in a 12 fight deathmatch. Ain't even mad, he outplayed me even if it were close fights. Last round was always his. Good fights against my Hei.

I like good fights, win or lose.

Jan 11, 2018
Do we know if the physical release of Tekken 7 Ultimate Edition in Hong Kong and Korea has all content on disc, or if all the DLC comes on a voucher?

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I took some time to platinum Tekken tag tournament hd. It's the only Tekken game with fun thought out trophies.

I said it million times before but damn, how beautiful this game is. Every pixel was created in coherent beauty to every other one. Textures, backgrounds, floor, lighting, color usage - just beautiful.

7PTUILA.jpg

xehzMZO.jpg

YYONhKy.jpg

VAm4LcK.jpg

oylq8Ha.jpg

maZwZOI.jpg

I spent 10 minutes just staring at Jin's the godlike P2 outfit.

fhUFv5K.png

This picture is sadly blurred so finer detail is missing but it's the best I could find.

Sound wise is not worse, awesome music, varied sounds and my favorite character voices in a Tekken game. Just hearing that special Jin laugh(team with Kaz or Jun and use 1+3 throw) made me grin. Sadly none of these voices can be heard in modern Tekken.

On a side note it was the last time I enjoyed playing Jack robots. They were slow, cumbersome, couldn't combo for shit but hit hard and you had to take a different approach to playing them. They sucked, yeah but at least they felt unique to play. Now Jack is just another combo machine like every other character. Lame. Not sure if this is the worst or his redesign since T5. He just looks like a caricature imo. T2/Tag1 P2 Jack still my fav design.

LrVhNId.png

Also that hilarious Robot Berserk when Devil hits them with laser. XD Never gets old.

There are tons of little gameplay details like this in the game that have been erased forever. Nuances like difference between Jin's fast and delayed hellsweep, tgf reactions on far backdashing opponents, character interactions ect.

If I could I'd gather the team that made Tag1 to create the next Tekken. Tekken with soul. Tekken made with heart. In my opinion Tekken 7 hit the rock bottom lately in terms of design by including one dreadful tv show character which fits into Tekken like a cow on a spaceship. Not that previous nonsense guest characters didn't shit on Tekken's design already. T7 is just commercial trashcan now. Anything anyone throws away lands in T7. No personality, no design, no soul. Newage Tekken for the masses.

Long live Tekken Tag Tournament

76BYt1Q.gif

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2018
13 year old me spent way too much time saving screenshots of shirtless Jin in TTT. Probably took a year before I realised why :P

On a more serious note, I'm still blown away not only by how good the game looks but the effort that went into updating the game for the console port. The arcade version looks so bad in comparison.

Oct 29, 2017

God damn even Paul had kinda cool story.
this is why i think making big budget story mode is a mistake, and we should consider if that's just NRS fans' thing.
This small Paul story takes a dump on newer Tekken games, and its not like its AMAZING writing, but it has all you need.
If you feel like you have potential as a person and you've been wrongfully underestimated, and seeing Paul's story in T4 will immediately make you go THAT'S MY GUY.
As a kid, i gravitated towards Hwoarangs story in T4, like him i had a boring routine kinda life. That's really all you need, make sure every character represents a certain kind of plight or suffering so that every player find one they connect to, its probably why T4 has gotten this delayed appreciation, we got a snip of our mains life
Not Hwo main these days though, dont throw stones at me

Numb

Oct 25, 2017
Now that ranbked is easier i'm seeing a huge increase in folk going into casuals to preserve their high rank
Never fought this many high ranks in 5,6,Tag 2 combined

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

zATvstu.gif

KZj6Fsf.gif

UouejpL.gif

2iyIWeG.gif

3I0dAz5.gif

qBKebHS.gif

rNi3l5F.gif

Any hope of next Tekken retaining any values of previous Tekkens just went down the drain.

Get ready for T7 v2 with even more dumbed down mechanics, characters and shitty guests from shitty tv shows Murray likes.

Moronic Negan is canon now.

Oct 27, 2017

zATvstu.gif

KZj6Fsf.gif

UouejpL.gif

2iyIWeG.gif

3I0dAz5.gif

qBKebHS.gif

rNi3l5F.gif

Any hope of next Tekken retaining any values of previous Tekkens just went down the drain.

Get ready for T7 v2 with even more dumbed down mechanics, characters and shitty guests from shitty tv shows Murray likes.

Moronic Negan is canon now.

I'm out if the next Tekken follows the same direction that Tekken 7 went.

This series really needs a dramatic change. Tekken 3 time jump. Tekken 4 art style/atmosphere. Tekken 5/6 gameplay depth.

Jan 11, 2018
I actually think Tekken 7 is the best game in the series. Especially with all the DLC, minus Negan who is the only real big misstep. Tekken 4 still has the best artistic flair though. The stages, the story, the music etc.

But I do agree that the series need a big change at this point. Tekken 4 scared them so bad that Tekken 5 felt like Tekken 3 on steroids and the following two sequels are both in the same vein as well. I feel like we really needed that Tekken x Street Fighter game :/

ThatCrazyGuy

Nov 27, 2017
I love Tekken 7, but I too would love a new direction going forward.

Variety is the spice of life baby!

But yea, maybe the TkxSF could had been that series where they experimented more.

Oct 27, 2017
After gameplay and netcode, the most important thing for me is presentation which Tekken often manages to ruin with shitty customs and vomit-inducing new character designs. Tekken 4 presentation was one of a kind in that regard and the last time Tekken had good presentation. No customs, high quality character models and designs, realistic stages, and the atmosphere significantly contributed to making the fighting feel more "real" and badass. I imagined now how awful Tekken 4 would have felt and looked if a character like lucky chloe was in it. It's like adding lucky chloe to the raid movies.

GrayFoxPL

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did Rip just leaked new update/season on Combo Breaker?

He said it few minutes ago, clipped it.

Or was this well known?