• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Two-ish years later I got the Tekken bug and reinstalled T7 on my PC.

I still can't find any games.

When I search for lobbies this is what I get.

bq1xLoY.png

I'm in South America, you stupid ass game. Like what the fuck is even going on.

Rajang

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Two-ish years later I got the Tekken bug and reinstalled T7 on my PC.

I still can't find any games.

When I search for lobbies this is what I get.

bq1xLoY.png

I'm in South America, you stupid ass game. Like what the fuck is even going on.

I tried to find more info about this, seems like quite a few players from South America have this problem on PC.

Try changing your download region. Steam settings > downloads, set download region to your country or closest location.

CyberCaesar

Banned
Mar 12, 2019
Tekken Force mode was at its best in Tekken 4. Tekken 6 was a step in the wrong direction in my opinion. Namco should consider releasing a Tekken Force collection for Tekken 8. I've never understood why Tekken force mode can't work with a semi fixed camera the way it works in regular versus. The up close camera just feels better in every way.

maxresdefault.jpg

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
So I started playing and again and just getting used to the game in training mode. Is there a way to reset your rank online?I haven't played in like 2 years. I am so not a Suzaku. I don't even remember ever being Suzaku. I'd rather start slow with other newbies.

Doomshine

Oct 30, 2017
So I started playing and again and just getting used to the game in training mode. Is there a way to reset your rank online?I haven't played in like 2 years. I am so not a Suzaku. I don't even remember ever being Suzaku. I'd rather start slow with other newbies.
I think just deleting your save will do it.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017

Resetting is kind of frowned upon, though. If I were you, I'd just play. You'll get demoted back to where you're supposed to be pretty quickly.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Well, damn it. Decided to pick up Heihachi as my first Mishima and my PS4 dpad got fucked up in the first day of practicing Electrics. Every time I press down the input registers as down-right.

Lesson learned. :/

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Well, damn it. Decided to pick up Heihachi as my first Mishima and my PS4 dpad got fucked up in the first day of practicing Electrics. Every time I press down the input registers as down-right.

Lesson learned. :/
I don't think it's because of EWGF practicing lol I mean, unless you were specifically using a brand new controller and used it the first time just to practice Tekken, and it broke, then yes that sucks.

It took me years to successfully land an EWGF on PS2, and a couple more years to do it consistently. Unless one is a genius, they cannot expect to do it in just a couple hours. Get yourself a new controller, practice, practice, practice, practice, and practice some more, and eventually you'll succeed. Just be prepared, and know that it might take some time, so patience is your best ally.

He streams actually on occasion. Also her'es a video

Say what you will about T-Pain, he got some sick moves. I'm genuinely jealous, not even joking.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Oh neat, I didn't realize there was a balance patch coming soon. Buff Julia. T5 121 please!

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Feels weird that I never run into other Julias... maybe they're all just waaaaaaaaaaay above me in rank.

Yeah she doesn't seem very popular online. Not sure I've ever run into one. People just have terrible character taste, I guess!

I did run into one in my Evo pool. He taught me stuff in pre-tourney casuals that I used to beat him in the tourney. I felt a tiny bit bad.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
Hope Julia's uf+4,3 timing change doesn't mean they're killing the option select, that would be a big nerf. Otherwise looks inoffensive/net positive. Looking forward to trying the new moves!

I wish these notes had the +/- arrows and better notes, like SC. That's like the only thing Tekken can learn from SC, heh.

Rajang

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
My boi Feng got BUFFED real good. Thank you so much Bandai Namco Entertainment.

What do you like so much about these buffs? They didn't address any of his weaknesses.

They decided to buff his gimmicky moves like 3~4, 2~1, his power crush and leaping lion. There is a reason you don't see these moves, they suck.

The only legit buffs are a whopping 2 more damage for d/b+3 and his 1,2,2 punish goes from +1 to +3 on hit.

1,2,2 seems like an improvement but nothing really changes when it comes to Feng's options after it hits. What move are you going to use now that you couldn't before?

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
What do you like so much about these buffs? They didn't address any of his weaknesses.

They decided to buff his gimmicky moves like 3~4, 2~1, his power crush and leaping lion. There is a reason you don't see these moves, they suck.

The only legit buffs are a whopping 2 more damage for d/b+3 and his 1,2,2 punish goes from +1 to +3 on hit.

1,2,2 seems like an improvement but nothing really changes when it comes to Feng's options after it hits. What move are you going to use now that you couldn't before?
f,f+2 is now safe on block
WS+1+2 is now safe on block
3~4 can now be executed during side step and has more recovery frames
2~1 can now be executed during side step and is now +8 on block
qcf+1+2 keeps the opponent closer on block, allowing for more pressure, most notably with d/f+1
d/b+3 deals more damage
SS+4 is 3 frames faster

And there are MANY more new things to Feng that clearly buff him. What's not to like?
Finally, to answer your last question, I'm not going to use some moves I didn't use until now. I'm going to use the same moves I use, with more efficiency.

Oct 25, 2017
I also like the SS2 buff for Feng. And my favourie one is WS4 being +7 on hit now. That can happen several times per round and you gotta eat a decent mix-up now.
And the new move might help him out, too. We'll see.

Rajang

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
f,f+2 is now safe on block
WS+1+2 is now safe on block
3~4 can now be executed during side step and has more recovery frames
2~1 can now be executed during side step and is now +8 on block
qcf+1+2 keeps the opponent closer on block, allowing for more pressure, most notably with d/f+1
d/b+3 deals more damage
SS+4 is 3 frames faster

And there are MANY more new things to Feng that clearly buff him. What's not to like?
Finally, to answer your last question, I'm not going to use some moves I didn't use until now. I'm going to use the same moves I use, with more efficiency.

ff2 was never punished by anyone anyway.

They removed the ability to combo off of ws+1+2 succesful parry.

Like I said before, 2~1 and 3~4 are irrelevant moves.

qcf+1+2 was not buffed, less damage and less frame advantage on hit and on block.

I don't like any of these changes honestly. I rather replace all these buffs with 2 changes, make f+3,4 faster startup and more punishable and give him a good i13 ws punisher.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
My reaction to Asuka changes

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Minor nerf to d/b3, nerf/change to ff3
Buff to d/b2, a move that I have never used and never seen used
Minor buff to d/b1, but changing (d/b1)2 to a new move (probably the one seen in the trailer)
F1+2 now wall bounces, so that's good
And a new move on 2,1,d1+2 which is a bit weird, but whatever, wait and see

So, yeah, overall a big ol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
ff2 was never punished by anyone anyway.

They removed the ability to combo off of ws+1+2 succesful parry.

Like I said before, 2~1 and 3~4 are irrelevant moves.

qcf+1+2 was not buffed, less damage and less frame advantage on hit and on block.

I don't like any of these changes honestly. I rather replace all these buffs with 2 changes, make f+3,4 faster startup and more punishable and give him a good i13 ws punisher.
Look, you asked a question, I answered. Just because you don't use some move doesn't make them irrelevant. They might be to you, they might not be to others. You have your vision of that stuff, mine differs greatly.

CyberCaesar

Banned
Mar 12, 2019
That season 3 trailer is hype. More preset costume slots is very cool. Tekken is the best because they listen to their fans.

Solus

Oct 26, 2017
Some quick shallow Season 3 impressions (not going into new moves) since it's on Steam and not consoles:

The new main menu is slightly better than season 2 I guess, but I still prefer the first. The new character select song is the worst one yet unfortunately. I really don't like it.
There aren't actually any new costume slots. Instead all characters now automatically have extra premade costumes they can pick in character select. A little useless to me as I went out of the way to add those manually for each character, but still cool I guess.
No new costumes for characters. Just 2 new male hairstyles, 2 new female hairstyles, some hit effects, all of them locked behind season pass 3.
All online characters now start at first dan.
Still no Tekken Tunes for PC.

Probably missed something, but it's a little underwhelming. I'll probably still buy season pass 3 for Leroy though.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
I'm like 5 minutes away from breaking my fucking stick and deleting this game altogether
Been playing this for fucking 2 years now and I still cant fucking backdash properly
Every guide is just "here's the input, just do it" and I fucking cant
I get how it works, I understand what needs to be done, I just cant physically fucking do it and its pissing me off

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Stuck at work while season 3 is out dammit.

Been snooping around the internet, watching streams and videos and seeing all the new tech is always fun. I love this discovery phase.

New lifebars look garbo, having the presets done in advance will be so so good for tournament. Finally we won't have to see the dumbass Jin design in tournaments!

The new menu video is awesome and I like the song but not as much as season 1 or 2.

New char select theme is hype, way better than season 1 and 2 just not as good as arcade T7.0

Can't wait to try it myself

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
I'm like 5 minutes away from breaking my fucking stick and deleting this game altogether
Been playing this for fucking 2 years now and I still cant fucking backdash properly
Every guide is just "here's the input, just do it" and I fucking cant
I get how it works, I understand what needs to be done, I just cant physically fucking do it and its pissing me off

It took me a good while to get at least a somewhat decent KBD working. Now if we were to talk about learning to wave dash....oh boy. I think my issue in the long run has been switching between from pad, a Japanese stick to a Korean stick. I'll need to settle on one come next gen though. I'm a little tempted to just sell what I have and pick up a Qanba Obsidian.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
OK WTF at this Lars d/f2 while crouching. If this move is safe on block then jesus, this character really does have everything at this point.

I'm not complaining mind you.
While this is an otherwise great port, it apparently still doesn't like alt-tab...
Try playing in Borderless mode. I've literally not had a problem with alt-tabs since.

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It took me a good while to get at least a somewhat decent KBD working. Now if we were to talk about learning to wave dash....oh boy. I think my issue in the long run has been switching between from pad, a Japanese stick to a Korean stick. I'll need to settle on one come next gen though. I'm a little tempted to just sell what I have and pick up a Qanba Obsidian.
Don't some people recommend using Pad for Tekken? I've had good success playing Soul Calibur using a pad and thinking about using it for Tekken even though I main stick in every other 2D fighting game. I just get so lazy lugging out a big stick and getting it setup. With pad I just pick it up off from my desk and go