• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Game feels snappier/faster. I play as Yoshi (haven't looked at the changes).... is it? If not, maybe it's just bc it's been a bit since I've played.

CyberCaesar

Banned
Mar 12, 2019
Man it'd be nice to get a small story campaign DLC featuring all the Season 2 and 3 characters. Zafina has to explain what the fuck happened to that arm.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Good to see people still enjoying this fantastic game.

A lot of places currently have T7 and its DLC packs on sale for the new season's release, but GreenManGaming is the only shop I've seen with Season 3 discounted (PC only). It's just 13% off the price tag, but better than nothing.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
Man it'd be nice to get a small story campaign DLC featuring all the Season 2 and 3 characters. Zafina has to explain what the fuck happened to that arm.
She probably sealed Azazel in her arm, just like ninja sealed a bunch of demons in some dudes in Naruto. Remember she's the guardian of the temple of Azazel.

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Zafina really seems like an online monster; frame traps, armored launchers, evasive stances, etc. She's fucked up, you NEED lo lab her. At least when you're against Hwoarang and don't know shit you can still throw a dickjab and probably stop him.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
I think I'm done with this game, I'm getting 0 enjoyment playing it, even if I win it isnt fun anymore.

It sucks because I love this fucking game, but I just cant find a way to make it enjoyable anymore

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
I think I'm done with this game, I'm getting 0 enjoyment playing it, even if I win it isnt fun anymore.

It sucks because I love this fucking game, but I just cant find a way to make it enjoyable anymore
If you ain't having fun, stop playing friend. Don't torture yourself. If you still love the game you can keep watching tournaments and so on, since that's fun too lol.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Is there a decent summary of the season 3 character changes? I really don't have the time to watch 2hours of a JDCR stream or 10-15 min vids for each character. Like a 20-30 min vid or a decent write up would be ideal?

Prelude

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a decent summary of the season 3 character changes? I really don't have the time to watch 2hours of a JDCR stream or 10-15 min vids for each character. Like a 20-30 min vid or a decent write up would be ideal?
You can't even read the patch notes in that time, a 30 min summary is not feasible.

Dog

Cat
Oct 25, 2017
I'm just starting out on Tekken 7 and having tons of fun (even while losing which is weird because normally I can get a little down on myself) new to 3D fighters so I've picked up Katarina.

Don't laugh lol.

Probably going to grab the season passes I'm enjoying it so much.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
The real joke is not maining Negan.

518997784792137728.png

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

What is it that bothers you? You were frustrated before because you couldn't get down the kbd motion. Maybe you're putting too much pressure on yourself?
What helped me improve and get more enjoyment out of the game is treating every match as an opportunity to learn something new. Try to set yourself small goals and try to achieve those in a match. Getting down a specific combo or trying to break a throw or anything really.
And try to play people you know. There's nothing more frustrating than playing Online randos. Where do you live and what platform are you on?

Oct 25, 2017
I get a weird enjoyment out of this game. Got matched up with a tekken god prime Steve yesterday and he obv destroyed me for like 15 matches. Had the time of my life.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I want to buy the season pass but I haven't played in awhile. I only seem to be able to hold my own with Bob lol

Oct 25, 2017
The MainDaddy should be followed very closely by the Tekken Development Team he is the voice of the community.

I like him, but eh. Worst thing about him was his fans spamming Twitch during EVO, when he didn't even make it very far. I think there are better people to follow for the competitive angle atleast.

I want to buy the season pass but I haven't played in awhile. I only seem to be able to hold my own with Bob lol
Bob is probably the character I've seen the least in this game, so that might actually be a good sign.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Presumably you dont need to buy Season 3 to access the new moves and such for the existing roster? (It feels like this is a question I shouldnt need to ask but Devs have surprised me in a bad way in the past)

CyberCaesar

Banned
Mar 12, 2019
I like him, but eh. Worst thing about him was his fans spamming Twitch during EVO, when he didn't even make it very far. I think there are better people to follow for the competitive angle atleast.

A Tekken content creator has to reach a competitive and casual audience, I think his channel provides better coverage of the franchise than just about any channel out there. After watching his content closely for over a year I cosign his content. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next year he has over a million subs. He's the Tekken Community's Maximillian.

Oct 25, 2017
A million people? That's where Max is after 10 years and a heavy focus on personality and a casual audience. I don't see it.
He does work really hard, though. Several videos per day sometimes and an active stream, too.

Presumably you dont need to buy Season 3 to access the new moves and such for the existing roster? (It feels like this is a question I shouldnt need to ask but Devs have surprised me in a bad way in the past)
No, you get all of that with the base version. Would be pretty crazy if not

Last edited:

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
What is it that bothers you? You were frustrated before because you couldn't get down the kbd motion. Maybe you're putting too much pressure on yourself?
What helped me improve and get more enjoyment out of the game is treating every match as an opportunity to learn something new. Try to set yourself small goals and try to achieve those in a match. Getting down a specific combo or trying to break a throw or anything really.
And try to play people you know. There's nothing more frustrating than playing Online randos. Where do you live and what platform are you on?
A lot of things bother me. Backdashing is fine in practise mode but impossible and pointless to do in a match. Ive never broken a throw on reaction. Sidestepping is completely worthless because everything hits anyway. I dont feel like I earn wins. If the opponent throws out unsafe stuff, a punish isnt me being good, just him being stupid. I cant stand playing Asuka anymore because winning is just getting lucky twice in a round, shes completely braindead. Ive tried learning other characters but usually end up dropping them after a couple hours because I cant come to grips with their gameplan, King being a perfect example of this. Im not even getting CH Im just walking into moves because im trying to get hits in, and when I try to play defensively it feels like its never my turn anymore. I used to love running sets in this game and now after 2 or 3 matches win or lose, all my enthusiasm goes out the window. Theres no scene where I live at all, for any game. I live in a fucking fishing village in England and the closest place with a scene is an hour and 40 minute drive away, so offline play is basically impossible for me.

CyberCaesar

Banned
Mar 12, 2019
A lot of things bother me. Backdashing is fine in practise mode but impossible and pointless to do in a match. Ive never broken a throw on reaction. Sidestepping is completely worthless because everything hits anyway. I dont feel like I earn wins. If the opponent throws out unsafe stuff, a punish isnt me being good, just him being stupid. I cant stand playing Asuka anymore because winning is just getting lucky twice in a round, shes completely braindead. Ive tried learning other characters but usually end up dropping them after a couple hours because I cant come to grips with their gameplan, King being a perfect example of this. Im not even getting CH Im just walking into moves because im trying to get hits in, and when I try to play defensively it feels like its never my turn anymore. I used to love running sets in this game and now after 2 or 3 matches win or lose, all my enthusiasm goes out the window. Theres no scene where I live at all, for any game. I live in a fucking fishing village in England and the closest place with a scene is an hour and 40 minute drive away, so offline play is basically impossible for me.

Play Tekken to have fun. Skill is a end result of having fun playing the game. Tekken has more to offer than a race to the top of a leader board.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
For real, the notion of all that I'd have to learn to git gud at Tekken was such a daunting prospect to me. And it was probably the one thing that always stopped me from having fun whenever I play.

Then I just realized that it's fine if I'm never really "good" good at Tekken. And now I'm a happy Negan main who keeps quoting the guy's dialogue whenever I land a Rage Art or Counter Hit.

sasuke_91

Oct 26, 2017
Germany

Backdashing is something you do to get out of your opponent's pressure. Try backdashing after blocking a move and you'll see how often you'll make your opponent whiff jabs or moves with limited range. Just watch this video to understand the basic idea of how to utilize movement in Tekken:

The same goes for sidestepping. You don't sidestep randomly. You can try sidestepping after hitting your opponent or blocking a move to get an idea on how he reacts in those situations. It takes some time to get a feeling for when to sidestep and make the most out of it, but you should try to get it down step by step.

Edit: You can also check out That Blasted Salami's tutorials. He explains mixups, movement and sidestepping pretty well.

If you ever want to play me, I'm down for some games anytime. I live in Germany, so the connection should be pretty good. Are you on PS4? My PSN ID is UchihaSasuke_91.

Last edited:

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
So, 4 months in and I've reached orange ranks with Jack. I'm very much focusing on learning fundamentals and not caring too much about rank. I'm even getting told by veterans at locals my progress is very visible.

But I also actually want to branch out a bit. I really want to learn Heihachi and Feng for fun but not before investing more time in basics and having some reliable secondary picks.

I've already decided on Shaheen as people universally consider him THE fundamentals character. What other/s would you recommend and why?

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
So, 4 months in and I've reached orange ranks with Jack. I'm very much focusing on learning fundamentals and not caring too much about rank. I'm even getting told by veterans at locals my progress is very visible.

But I also actually want to branch out a bit. I really want to learn Heihachi and Feng for fun but not before investing more time in basics and having some reliable secondary picks.

I've already decided on Shaheen as people universally consider him THE fundamentals character. What other/s would you recommend and why?
Kazumi is the other "FUNDAMENTALS" character but some people do find her boring(I personally don't). Strong emphasis on sidestepping, jab, df1 and quick low poke pressure, while not landing many combos or launches apart from a couple of counter hits.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I was supposed to be gitting gud with Zafina but now that Negan is legitimately well rounded, I can't keep my hands away from his bat swinging ass.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, been playing some ranked because of the rank-creep and the new stats and it's just so much worse. Last match a guy ragequit and messaged me to ask why I "spam with Feng". Dude had 1,000 hours played and was in groups like "Tekken All-Stars". What a weird existence.
I started playing again yesterday, and the first thing I do when playing VS fighters online is : "privacy settings : messages from friends only"

The experience is much much better.

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I'm tempted to buy DLC characters, but I am a loyalist and will always stick to Steve Fox no matter what. Been using him since Tekken 4.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
I started playing again yesterday, and the first thing I do when playing VS fighters online is : "privacy settings : messages from friends only"

The experience is much much better.

Aw, I love getting hate mail, it's one of my favorite things about ranked. I make sure to reply to all hate mail received - wouldn't want to be rude!

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
I try to improve overall community skill and happiness by responding to hatemail with polite, helpful hints!

Examples:

Hatemail: FUCK U SPAMMER!
My Reply: Bow and arrow is a low. If you block low (hold d/b), it won't hit you. Try it!

Hatemail: FUCK U SMURF!
My Reply: I'm not a smurf, I'm actually very bad at Tekken, you are unfortunately just worse. Consider improving instead of sending angry messages, you might win more!

Alas, my advice is usually not well received!

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So what are the frames on the generic wakeup options? The low kick, the mid kick, the toe kick, etc.
My Reply: I'm not a smurf, I'm actually very bad at Tekken, you are unfortunately just worse. Consider improving instead of sending angry messages, you might win more!
oof, that's just savage.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
So what are the frames on the generic wakeup options? The low kick, the mid kick, the toe kick, etc.
oof, that's just savage.
Mid kick is at least -12. Can't test right now but I've heard some say it's even -14. Definitely not -15 though.

Toe kick and low kick are at least -13 but most people low parry them.

Oh and spring kick frame data kinda depends on how shallow the spring kick hits. But I think it's always -12 at the least.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh and obviously the best thing to do is to make them whiff and punish, they all have a lot of recovery. You have an eternity to launch a spring kick.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
I KNEW I wasn't losing my mind when a i15 WS punish for a low kick worked twice and then suddenly didn't!

Thanks guys.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
I honestly think it's a bit too complicated, but yeah...

Good lord. And that's the wakeup game after it was simplified for Tekken 7, heh.

Finally played the new version. I like Julia's new moves. Seem like useful lows, especially ss+4, although I keep wanting to do bow and arrow after, it feels really weird that it leaves you standing. Jump stance 1+2 kind of feels like a parlor trick, but I love parlor tricks, so it's great.