• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017

I don't really trust them with stuff like that, but we'll see. They like their surprises. It's weird how he talks like there's only one character after Leroy when it's two, though:

92593084-medium.png

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad it sounds like there are no guest characters. I understand the business need for them, but I don't enjoy them at all. Geralt's the only one I can think of that I've even sort of liked playing against. Negan especially is absolutely horrible.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017

Not entirely just funny that she was a concept for T5 then T6 then was in the character poll for Tekken Revolution where she came second behind the concept that would become Eliza

And some fighting style ideas for her eventually made it into Tekken

Escrima with Josie
Savate with Katarina

Jan 11, 2018
That's some shit tier character design right there. I'd rather have Rodeo return.

It would be nice if we got someone totally unexpected like Kunimitsu.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So you understand the hate after all :P
smh, all these haters.
I literally played my first good Lars this week after like 1.5 years with the game.
We comin!

Seriously though, as someone who's first main in Tekken was Season 1 Lars, it feels really good to have a character that I don't feel like is lacking in any real way. They've built him up real well since the console launch.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Okay, I simply cannot stand lower rank Laws. I just can't. I lab him, I practice his fucking mixups, snake edge and I get the responses and punishes down in practice mode, but on ranked I just get fucked by what feels like a barrage of very cheap, spammy moves. Law's character being annoying also isn't helping.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, I simply cannot stand lower rank Laws. I just can't. I lab him, I practice his fucking mixups, snake edge and I get the responses and punishes down in practice mode, but on ranked I just get fucked by what feels like a barrage of very cheap, spammy moves. Law's character being annoying also isn't helping.
It doesnt help that some moves become unreactable online, so the cheap bastards got an edge (lol) on making you guessing...

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
It doesnt help that some moves become unreactable online, so the cheap bastards got an edge (lol) on making you guessing...

The thing is, these kinds of players are present only in green and yellow. I played against high level Laws in Player match and that was a completely different, enjoyable experience (despite getting my ass kicked).

Which means that if these players don't advance far, they are stopped by players who can adapt to that kind of bullshit.

Ergo, the problem is absolutely in me, but I am hitting a brick wall as to how to solve it.

Jer

Oct 27, 2017
The thing is, these kinds of players are present only in green and yellow. I played against high level Laws in Player match and that was a completely different, enjoyable experience (despite getting my ass kicked).

Which means that if these players don't advance far, they are stopped by players who can adapt to that kind of bullshit.

Ergo, the problem is absolutely in me, but I am hitting a brick wall as to how to solve it.

I sympathize with you. It's not necessarily just you either, dragon tail is just a completely different move on a bad connection. The character is designed assuming you can react to it - if you can't, they get 50/50s where they shouldn't and the whole matchup is screwed up.

Honestly the best solution is to stop trying to play real Tekken and just do cheap shit back (lag lows, strings with mid/low mixups, etc) as aggressively as possible. They're terrible players, so it'll work. Just get past those ranks to get to real people.

Unfortunately you've got a ways to go, there's still a good amount of this in red. You know it's coming, too - if people have four digit wins in red, expect some very well practiced terrible play.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
Big upset at Rev Major, Saint's Jack lost 3 rounds straight againts a Gigas player, switched to Shaheen and lost another 3 rounds straight. Season 3 is here baby !

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if I'm ready for a world where Lars and Gigas are good. I can't lab and remember everything about 50 characters ffs.

Oh and about Law: I noticed that higher level players come back around and play really nutty. But they can turn it on and off. Can be brutal.

Oct 25, 2017
I just met a Tekken God Prime (probably fake) Lili player with a Knee reference in his name who ragequit when I was about to end their winning streak in quick(!) match. Who are these people and why would you stain Knee's name like that

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Big upset at Rev Major, Saint's Jack lost 3 rounds straight againts a Gigas player, switched to Shaheen and lost another 3 rounds straight. Season 3 is here baby !

www.twitch.tv

Twitch

Twitch is the world's leading video platform and community for gamers.
Saint actually lost six straight rounds to that Gigas player, lol. It's a good tourney so far, especially with EyeMusician's crazy Yoshi antics.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
It's kinda weird that even with all the time I've spent on Tekken 7, the worst parts of it continue to be Geese and Akuma.

Even when I win, it's never fun.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
For this big tournament post patch, a little round up of characters in Top 32 :

Not much of an Akuma army, but a real Shaheen one eh eh eh...

5 Shaheen (Top 8)
3 Dragunov (Top 8)
3 Steve (Top 8)
3 Zafina (Top 8)
3 Kazumi
2 Jin (Top 8)
2 Alisa (Top 8)
2 Law (Top 8)
2 Geese
2 Bryan
2 Devil Jin
2 King
1 Yoshimitsu (Top 8)
1 Panda (Top 8)
1 Julia (Top 8)
1 Jack7
1 Feng
1 Xiaoyu
1 Gigas
1 Armor King
1 Akuma
1 Asuka
1 Eddy
1 Lucky Chloe
1 Bob

Last edited:

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
Okay, first of all... Whoever wrote this is an absolute treasure. After not being happy with my Jack progress, I realized I lacked a lot in terms of fundamentals, but I was unsure how to practice what I am missing. So I decided to combine the advice given in the link with my wish to learn Shaheen. HOLY SHIT, what a difference in my performance in just a few days. I am evading shit, anticipating shit, slowly learning to punish properly... I am slowly seeing how focusing on big moves vs jabs/pokes hurt me severely and why people step on my ass all the time. And most importantly, I am learning the value of patience and labbing. I expected too much of myself for only playing a few months.

In short, SHARE THE SHIT OUT OF THIS LINK to any beginners like me.

Secondly, I have been rewatching a few of my matches with Lilis and have labbed a few moves that bothered me. I just want to confirm some observations:
1. Both Rabbit's Foot and Rabbit's Thorn can be consistently sidewalked?
2. I noticed the second delayed hit in Delayed Sundial can be counter-hit with a launcher, but is a safer punish (in Shaheen's case Magic 4) more recommended in an actual match?

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Tekken 7 rank on PC has imploded. It's very meta at this point, the same players who will leave in a deathmatch in rank as soon as they lose, are the same players who will play a deathmatch in quick match with no intention on stopping in sight.

I've actually deathmatched better players on average while using quick match than using rank.

Rank is so currently inflated that rage quitting or leaving a deathmatch only when you start losing becomes useless, because it doesn't take that many more games to get your rank or points back. Shoutout to the people I've deathmatched in quick match, but anti-shoutout to Steam for not allowing me to send those players "gg" because I have to send them a friend request first, which they usually do not accept.

Reanimatoin

Oct 26, 2017
Cleethorpes UK
Awwwwwww fuck. Just had someone rage quit on me in Tekken because I Ki Charged them.......but it wasnt a taunt, I was going for Asuka's ultimate tackle and I fucked the input up. They probably think I was just being a dick

Oct 25, 2017
I've done one of those slow unblockable moves that most (all?) characters have on accident a few times and I always notice a difference in play afterwards lol

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying to get back into Tekken for the 5 millionth time and enjoying Julia, but is there any use for her air throw thing outside of style and floor breaks?