• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
All they need to do to balance Akuma is nerf his max health. That way he can still be very dangerous offensively (which Namco obviously wants), but he'd at least be balanced.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
All they need to do to balance Akuma is nerf his max health. That way he can still be very dangerous offensively (which Namco obviously wants), but he'd at least be balanced.
Not sure if they can do that as everybody got the same health, and it would open a whole can of worm.

Anyway I'm not a fan of balancing using health like they do in Street. It's more like bandaid on cancer.

NoirSuede

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering, why doesn't Akuma have the Street Fighter 4 style damage scaling that Geese has? It'll normalize his FADC damage by a lot

joeblow

Oct 27, 2017
Laker Nation
Not sure if they can do that as everybody got the same health, and it would open a whole can of worm.

Anyway I'm not a fan of balancing using health like they do in Street. It's more like bandaid on cancer.
Akuma is already a can of worms. Nerfing his health would make him less so. Besides, Tekken Tag 1 had variable max health amounts for a lot of the characters. They can do it solely for Akuma in T7 if they want.

MidweekCoyote

Mar 23, 2018
I don't play or know much about Akuma, but would reducing his meter gain to Geese level help any? I've seen several people mention that possibility elsewhere.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't play or know much about Akuma, but would reducing his meter gain to Geese level help any? I've seen several people mention that possibility elsewhere.

Changing Akuma's meter gain would make a big difference. His potential damage output with meter is much greater than his potential damage output without.

One point to make with Akuma is that he's able to build meter immediately after an FADC, whereas the equivalent for Geese restricts meter gain until he is out of max mode.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
The current climate of competitive Tekken fascinates me because it appears that Pakistan is slowly starting to drip their talent into the bucket of dominant East Asian, EU and American players.

I saw Knee commentating recently, felt like it was at two different tournaments.

At this point I'll hold my predictions, but what will happen at the TWT finals and after...especially heading into 2020 will be intriguing.

Last edited:

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Lowhigh fucked Arslan Ash up.
  1. "There are only two players - knee and lowhigh - who can handle this. Therefore, the two need to work together closely and figure something out."
  2. "JDCR won't be able to do it either."
  3. "JDCR is good, but whether it's due to pride or some other issue, he won't share his thoughts and tendencies - and that's a minus more for him than for the others."
hVbeVSh.gif

Last edited:

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Lowhigh fucked Arslan Ash up.
  1. "There are only two players - knee and lowhigh - who can handle this. Therefore, the two need to work together closely and figure something out."
  2. "JDCR won't be able to do it either."
  3. "JDCR is good, but whether it's due to pride or some other issue, he won't share his thoughts and tendencies - and that's a minus more for him than for the others."
hVbeVSh.gif

Man the pakistani had the korean shookd.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
All those competitors play on PC usually ? I never saw so many drops in a tournament, I don't know if the input lag was different, if the monitors had a problem, but it was definitely strange.

Wow, I missed the news that a balance patch was coming in a few days. Let's hope this time the balancing team was present for this ah ah ah.

Last edited:

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
All those competitors play on PC usually ? I never saw so many drops in a tournament, I don't know if the input lag was different, if the monitors had a problem, but it was definitely strange.
Dunno but I'll say this, I'm a PC player.

Last night I went to a local, dropped so many combos, but I'm glad I dropped them in warmups and rarely during the actual tourney.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
This is probably more of a "little corrections" patch. RIP Akuma
The only way to truly nerf Akuma is to completely remove him from the game.

Either way, my prediction is that the nerfs will be marginal and it won't stop Pakistanis from picking him and it won't stop Super Akouma from being on his Tekken high horse.

Hyun Sai

Oct 27, 2017
On the contrary I think it's surprisingly easy to nerf Akuma and be reasonable. You make his meter gain at most at Geese level post Season 3 and the job is done. You can also remove the D3 fireball FADC but that's more work so I guess they will just tamper the numbers so he can have that explosive mix up damage much less frequently per round.

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
On the contrary I think it's surprisingly easy to nerf Akuma and be reasonable. You make his meter gain at most at Geese level post Season 3 and the job is done. You can also remove the D3 fireball FADC but that's more work so I guess they will just tamper the numbers so he can have that explosive mix up damage much less frequently per round.
You think nerfing meter gain will be enough?

Oct 25, 2017
Nerfing meter gain would be easy. You can also change Akuma's combo scaling to how it works in Street Fighter. Or take away his ridculous 10 frame combo route. There are ways.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
It was disappointing to see the Pakistani players tier whoring Akuma like that, but it was so nice to see Heera say fuck it and switch to his legendary Steve and make it to Grand Finals of a great tournament.
I mean Steve is cheap as fuck too but nobody wants to see mirrors left and right. Hoping Atif Butt brings his amazing Jin back out too

Awais Honey is still a massive threat to win TWT finals. 1st, 1st, 2nd, 3rd & 1st placings at the only TWT tournaments he's been to is nothing to sneeze at.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Can anyone here give me some tips to get better. I've been playing Tekken on and off since Tekken 5 but recently got Tekken 7 and apparently I'm pretty bad at this game. I main Xiaoyu but I decided to play Law and I can't get past Teal ranks at all. I really struggle with certain characters like Leo and Nina. I can't tell when their strings end and it's pretty frustrating. Especially with Leo. It seems like all of her moves are plus and have a lot of pushback. I struggle to whiff punish a lot. When facing some inherently spammy characters like Eddy or Lucky Chloe, I manage to backdash away but I don't know which moves are good to whiff punish with.

Frame trapping is very common in this game. It's fun when you're using characters that have a lot of options when it comes to that like the Mishimas (f+4 which hits mid and is plus). But, for example, Xiaoyu doesn't seem like she has any useful plus frame moves or any good whiff punishers.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
Can anyone here give me some tips to get better. I've been playing Tekken on and off since Tekken 5 but recently got Tekken 7 and apparently I'm pretty bad at this game. I main Xiaoyu but I decided to play Law and I can't get past Teal ranks at all. I really struggle with certain characters like Leo and Nina. I can't tell when their strings end and it's pretty frustrating. Especially with Leo. It seems like all of her moves are plus and have a lot of pushback. I struggle to whiff punish a lot. When facing some inherently spammy characters like Eddy or Lucky Chloe, I manage to backdash away but I don't know which moves are good to whiff punish with.
Hmmm maybe upload some of your sets so we can see and give tips? That would help a lot I think. On whiff punishing; As Law you have possibly some of the best whiff punishing tools with df2, b4 and most importantly of all 3+4,4(possibly the best whiff punisher in the game). If you play law and backdash and see a whiff, mash 3+4 and get your combo. Also if you want to whack on Eddy in his relax stance, I think b2 is your option but I'm not too sure(I don't actually play Law)

jacket

Oct 25, 2017
Korean Tekken fanboys are mad and the endless Pakistani Akuma memes are hilarious along with Fighting GM endlessly roasting one of his viewers for being a bigot.

KyouG

Oct 26, 2017
I wish I had started playing Eddy sooner. He's so fun.

Can't wait for Christie to come out alongside Leroy.

gcwy

Oct 27, 2017
Houston, TX
Hmmm maybe upload some of your sets so we can see and give tips? That would help a lot I think. On whiff punishing; As Law you have possibly some of the best whiff punishing tools with df2, b4 and most importantly of all 3+4,4(possibly the best whiff punisher in the game). If you play law and backdash and see a whiff, mash 3+4 and get your combo. Also if you want to whack on Eddy in his relax stance, I think b2 is your option but I'm not too sure(I don't actually play Law)
Hey I took your advice and I think I've gotten a lot better. 3+4 is a magical tool for punishing whiffs. I'll probably post some gameplay later for you guys to criticize.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
if Christie came back she would probably receive her own moveset and only share some moves with Eddy

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Has that been confirmed?

Christie is just a boring palette swap of Eddie, imo. But I guess she has her fans too.
Nope. We still have 2 characters left to be announced for this season pass. I expect them both to be announced at the TWT finals.

One of them will be released alongside Leroy in December, the other will come in Spring 2020 alongside a stage (Worth pointing out that only guest characters have come with a stage so far)

Jan 11, 2018
I see. And yeah, I agree with Sanox - they can't just bring her back as a palette swap for Eddie and charge for her. I could see her as a free skin for Eddie though if they don't care to revamp her.