• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018

Most people, including myself, already thought it was dead but I think this is the first time we've had an official confirmation from Harada.

AlanOC91

Owner of YGOPRODeck.com
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
Yeah they really did just go radio silent on it years ago didn't they.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fucking shame too since Akuma fit SO well into Tekken 7. Would have been rad to see happen.

Techno

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Tekken 7 Akuma plays really well, shame.

Hopefully they just move onto Tekken 8 instead.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

Makoto Yuki

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
I mean we got Akuma.

Would have been cool to see more SF characters in Tekken 7, even as DLC.

OP
OP
GTOAkira

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Akuma in Tekken 7 and TKvSF really remind me of cvs3 and capcom fighting all star. Basically after CVS3 was cancelled capcom got the permission from SNK to have K' in cfas. That also got cancelled but I think this was the same thing for akuma. After TKvsSF got cancelled namco probably asked capcom if they could reused akuma and put him in TK7.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
well.. hopefully the amount of SF guests expands in the next Tekken game, at least :\

it's more likely than you'd think, since Akuma was implemented on the canon story unlike the other guests

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So the last bit of info they shared about this game five years ago was it being at 30% development which is also when they cancelled it.

Lmao, incredible

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Well, yeah. I mean no one actually thought it was still a thing right? But I guess it needed to finally officially be said.

Rommaz

Nov 27, 2017
Kitwe, Zambia.
THANK GOD ITS DEAD

Given that Geese and Akuma are terrible to fight and watch and have been absolutely toxic to the scene I hope this spells the death of 2D characters in Tekken. A game with half 2D characters would have been an absolute shitshow

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I'm amazed that it took this long to be cancelled. Started off from the PS3/360 era & now here we are.

To do it over would take a lot of time, resources & money, especially as they would have to create a lot of newer assets on the characters to take advantage of the PS4/PS5 & Xbox One/Series X on hardware & graphics.

What do you mean? It's got all the greats. It's got Ryu, Ken, and Kazuya.
And don't forget Terry from Fatal Fury/KOF.

OP
OP
GTOAkira

GTOAkira

Sep 1, 2018
Tekken vs Street Fighter now joined the rank of cancelled crossover alongside cvs3 and capcom fighting all star :(

Anth0ny

Oct 25, 2017
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

how the fuck do you drop the ball on this

like… securing that crossover couldn't have been easy?

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
THANK GOD ITS DEAD

Given that Geese and Akuma are terrible to fight and watch and have been absolutely toxic to the scene I hope this spells the death of 2D characters in Tekken. A game with half 2D characters would have been an absolute shitshow
What a take.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I was just thinking about this the other day. Goddamn shame

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
THANK GOD ITS DEAD

I imagine it's not a popular opinion, but I'm with you. I've never been all too big on 2D fighters to begin with, but having to fight them in T7 really cemented what I don't like about the subgenre. Herky-jerky clipped movements, so many thumb destroying pad gestures, moon jumps, projectiles out the wazoo. It just feels so graceless.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
THANK GOD ITS DEAD

I don't even like Tekken that much and I can't help but agree with you. From a gameplay standpoint, I always found them the least fun to play against because now suddenly I have to think in 2D terms in addition to Tekken terms. Which I mean is fine but I don't think playing SF and worrying about baiting DPs and shit is why people play Tekken.

*insert joke about Lars' u+3 being a DP in Tekken 6*